Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to Jack, and I do try to be fair at least once a thread, I think I get what she is trying to say. Ie, what she is doing is a small thing, that she is happy to do as a contribution to something she supports. She just worded it badly.

I think if she said she was spending hours on it she would get a kicking for virtue signalling and taking on more work when she hadn't met her other commitments, and if she didn't say she was doing it for free she would be challenged for taking work from people who were better qualified to do it.

I don't like to look at everything Jack does on a negative light. True, a lot of the time she behaves like a bleep and is a fantasist and spends far too much time showing off, but when she appears to be making an effort I want to give her some credit.

Hoping she can deliver what she promised.
Certainly don’t disagree with what you say, but she has this overpowering need to brag about herself at every opportunity and thus couldn’t resist telling the world how efficient a writer she is. Just seems to me that if starting a brand new magazine, you’d want you writers to approach with a certain level of commitment and bragging as she did sets a bad precedent before things have even got started. And too the money thing: why say it? She’s deflecting the interest away from the mag and focusing it on herself, it’s mad. Because she can’t help herself. The credit where it’s due point is valid but she only gets these gigs on account of the lies she tells, it’s difficult to see what good she can offer the people that may be interested in that magazine.

Reactions: 41
To be fair to Jack, and I do try to be fair at least once a thread, I think I get what she is trying to say. Ie, what she is doing is a small thing, that she is happy to do as a contribution to something she supports. She just worded it badly.

I think if she said she was spending hours on it she would get a kicking for virtue signalling and taking on more work when she hadn't met her other commitments, and if she didn't say she was doing it for free she would be challenged for taking work from people who were better qualified to do it.

I don't like to look at everything Jack does on a negative light. True, a lot of the time she behaves like a bleep and is a fantasist and spends far too much time showing off, but when she appears to be making an effort I want to give her some credit.

Hoping she can deliver what she promised.
I agree, let's not knock her when she's being less of a bellend. Heaven knows it's rare enough. Fair on her for doing something for free (although fair on bleeping everybody she's swindled if they were to kick up a fuss about the fact she can actually afford to do something for free, mind)

Certainly don’t disagree with what you say, but she has this overpowering need to brag about herself at every opportunity and thus couldn’t resist telling the world how efficient a writer she is. Just seems to me that if starting a brand new magazine, you’d want you writers to approach with a certain level of commitment and bragging as she did sets a bad precedent before things have even got started. And too the money thing: why say it? She’s deflecting the interest away from the mag and focusing it on herself, it’s mad. Because she can’t help herself. The credit where it’s due point is valid but she only gets these gigs on account of the lies she tells, it’s difficult to see what good she can offer the people that may be interested in that magazine.
Although yes, this too. The gesture is worth applauding, but not the way in which she's tweeted about it/centred herself and not the magazine in it.

Reactions: 31
Anyone who works in or who has ever worked in a school knows a 'Jack'.
They are that Supply Teacher you walk into the office of the person who arranges supply and say,
"NEVER get them again. Never."
Only to be told they are there again tomorrow because there is LITERALLY no one else. No one.
So you beg for the person who cleans the Science corridor with the big polishy thing, the caretaker, the lollypop lady anyone but them!
I’ve organised supply and we used to blacklist agency staff and then the agency would try and sneak them back in after so long (hoping the booking staff would change). 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Why is she always addressing housing conferences? Just as a token poor or what? She never, ever mentions housing except to wang on about how SHE RENTS and wants to buy.
I work in a fancy international school in a fancy city 🔺. I’ve never been offered money to speak at a conference, only lunch maybe. They are always desperate to get speakers. We have had quite famous academics/ authors to speak and they only get expenses like a hotel and flight tickets. She’ll be do it for the promise of exposure and to flog her books outside the venue, maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She can't stop subtweeting tattlers, which is what drives this.

She can't help putting her foot in it. Yes, it's good that she is writing for them for free, but they're trying to launch a business via patreon and therefore want to present a high quality product worth subscribing to, not a platform for a couple of thousand words of unresearched, first draft, verbal diarrhoea from Mx Monroe.

• Heart
  • Haha
I was just thinking about this "concern troll" email or perhaps overthinking as we only have Jack's word it actually exists. I'm sure everyone in the public eye gets crappy emails sent to their agents and I can only think of two scenarios where an email of that nature would be passed on to them, one being if contained a threat and the other being if it contained an allegation of some sort that the agent wanted a response to. I think in this case we can rule out a threat because lets face it we'd never hear the bloody end of it. That leaves an allegation, is it possible the letter related more to her begging and falsely presenting herself as poor than a TV blacklist? It would certainly partly explain all this weird boasting about work which is bumping the "You must believe I can't afford butter" content further and further down.

• Wow
I also think this putting letters after your name thing is really ignorant of the people who don’t have the privilege to be open about their health. There’s still a massive stigma attached to mental illness and, in a professional role, I would not feel comfortable signing off an email listing them after my name. I wouldn’t even feel comfortable with my boss coming across my twitter name and seeing details about my health. We don’t all have the privilege of shouting our disabilities/illnesses from the rooftops as for most of us it would seriously impact how we are perceived professionally. She gets to be quirky but most people working normal jobs would be seen as a liability.
I'm here from the past and completely agree with this, and the follow up comments. I can see how someone in a vulnerable state might feel social media peer pressured to join in, and boom, it's out there on the internet for ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The planet account tweeted a full ass link to tattle today to one of Jack’s followers. Not sure if it’s already been mentioned.
C33070ED-9E61-423E-B847-BA36B0753091.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Welcome any new readers. We arent bullies so do stick around for a bit, you'll even get bonus sheep if you're here long enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Is it really credible that Jack's agent would forward an email to her - with that person's contact details on it, so Jack can find them?! No professional would do that.

And I think her list of "work" is ever so slightly exaggerated. She's done a 10 min web episode, and the rest is just vague "talks" and "asks" and waffle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
CCJs expire after six years. Jack's have a while to go. so they were acquired after she became a best selling author Was Jack prioritising Burberry over bills?

Interest fact. There is a pubic record of cjjs that anyone can access for £4, so if you think someone is lying about their financial situation you can check to see if they have any ccjs.

This is a general observation, I doubt if anyone here cba is to check on Jack.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.