Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I almost feel sad for her if she really thinks her list shows she has done SO MUCH work this week and those messages are all amazing endorsements of her work.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Why is she always addressing housing conferences? Just as a token poor or what? She never, ever mentions housing except to wang on about how SHE RENTS and wants to buy.

Reactions: 57
Why is she always addressing housing conferences? Just as a token poor or what? She never, ever mentions housing except to wang on about how SHE RENTS and wants to buy.
Can you imagine her speech? I RENT *drops to the floor and rolls around screaming*.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I don’t understand what value she adds though, surely a mum currently in overcrowded housing would be better to explain the issue? Or houses with mold, houses the council don’t maintain well enough, people who’ve lived in HMOs, even people that have lived in unlicensed HMOs that got shut down?

Like what value is she adding? Is she going on to talk about her dad’s property empire and how stressful collecting all that free money is for him...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
‘Needed to’. Surely super feminist Jack could have said no?View attachment 318753
I can't wait to find out what it is.

(In case of any confusion, that was not fully said in earnest.)

Jack said she's sleeping in the office/bedroom/bird jungle.
Did she actually though? She mentioned a camp bed was in there...but I'm not sure she said it was her bedroom? I wondered if it was another lying by omission thing, but maybe I'm being a bit too sceptical...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t understand what value she adds though, surely a mum currently in overcrowded housing would be better to explain the issue? Or houses with mold, houses the council don’t maintain well enough, people who’ve lived in HMOs, even people that have lived in unlicensed HMOs that got shut down?

Like what value is she adding? Is she going on to talk about her dad’s property empire and how stressful collecting all that free money is for him...
Jack has moved house 437928 times in her life because SHE RENTS! She has seen things that you and I cannot even imagine and this knowledge makes her rock, howl and claw the surfaces.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Did she actually though? She mentioned a camp bed was in there...but I'm not sure she said it was her bedroom? I wondered if it was another lying by omission thing, but maybe I'm being a bit too sceptical...
Yes, she said "that's my bedroom+office at the moment" to a squiggle.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes, she said "that's my bedroom+office at the moment" to a squiggle.
Ah my bad. Interesting though. If she has two normal sized bedrooms why is she sleeping on a camp bed in a small one? Is she deliberately implying that BB is still there?

Christ she confuses me.

Reactions: 29
Perhaps she hoping if she's does enough they might gift her one as a perk of the job. How nice would that be.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Guys I am *screaming* at this list of VERY IMPORTANT jobs she has in the pipeline. Gotta get the mention of that webisode in there. Can't wait for it to not be on TV. Also really looking forward to listening to a podcast nobody has heard of and reading an article from a new online magazine nobody has ever heard of. Steady on mate you're making us look bad!

Whatever happened to living your life and being happy being the best revenge? 😂 Is the secret to happiness spending your entire life on Twitter desperately trying to prove to people you're good at your job and have a lot of interest ACTUALLY?

Well damn that's us told I guess

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Here’s one she did earlier. Shaky shaky Hunger Hurts. I managed about a minute of it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I mentioned on the F&D thread that I taught a blind student this week, so Jack was particularly pissing me off. Having ruminated a little further, I think it's this:

My student told me that she hates people defining her by her disability. She is a blind person, and there's no getting around that (she also hates people pretending not to notice and going "you can do anything!" because, like...driving? No), but "blind" is not a personality trait. Coincidentally, I also had a student this week who works as a sign language interpreter, so there were some interesting discussions about disabilities and how we react to them.

Reality: we need to tailor things to be friendly to people with disabilities. This week, for example, I never wrote anything on the board without saying it out loud, I removed a few video- and photo-based activities, and so on.

Jack world: "...so that's why we use the present perfect continuous here. Do you all see what I mean? OH tit, SORRY, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT! I'm so sorry María, of course you can't see, can you? Now, moving on, has anyone been watching an interesting series lately? Not you María, you can't watch things of course, but maybe you could listen to a series?"

Who the duck wants to live like that, with people around them constantly singling them out and drawing attention to their medical conditions?

I have GAD and I spent more than half my life battling bulimia. I do not introduce myself as "HELLO I HAVE ANXIETY SO IF I FREAK OUT PLEASE #BEKIND."

This is the most annoying Jack yet, I think.
It’s exactly this ailments/setbacks/poor mental or physical health is NOT a personality !

Reactions: 35
I bleeping despise this woman.

I’m willing someone to reply back and ask her why she still has Patreon and why she begs on Twitter. Please for the love of god, someone expose the lies.
There is no way she has all that work lined up, she’s toxic.
I feel this SO much. But I don't want to have to stop interacting here.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
‘Needed to’. Surely super feminist Jack could have said no?View attachment 318753
Forgive me if I seem cynical for wondering whether someone with 109 followers, one of whom is Jack, has any real grasp on what will and won’t go “viral”.

I love trying-to-keep-a-secret Jack because it’s always such a puttering anti-climax after she’s spent weeks palpably fizzing with hints of How Great and Career Changing it’ll be, and it turns out to be 4 minutes of her making an absolute penis of herself in one form or another.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Tried to google this housing conference and all it brings up is this site 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.