Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's not a conference, sounds to me more like an away day type thing for the tenants' committee and some enthusiastic resident/squiggle has suggested getting Jack Monroe along to give a talk. Although I'm a bit baffled about how they are going to do a cookery competition on Zoom...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I am feeling generous today, so I'll say that I fully believe that the Royal Academy would bypass all normal procedures when faced with the once-in-a-generation genius of Celery, Edinburgh.

The Fortnum and Mason thingie 😂
Some Observer Food Monthly ones, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Honestly these people that spend their Saturdays watching zoom housing conferences. I'd rather watch an ten hours of watching someone a painting a white wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm watching it - Jack's upstairs in the bungalow and the cat's behind her. She's droning on about when she was poor.

Very shaky, nervous voice

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
'pleasantly cluttered bungalow'

It's the sort of thing a passive-aggressive aunt would say on giving her the grand tour 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I'm watching it - Jack's upstairs in the bungalow and the cat's behind her. She's droning on about when she was poor.

Sorry. No offence was intended. I just think she does the most boring things.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Screenshots please - too short, pretty please with sugar on top

• Haha
Reactions: 28
'pleasantly cluttered bungalow'

It's the sort of thing a passive-aggressive aunt would say on giving her the grand tour 😁

And what you say when rubbing it in that you have a massive house, nicely decorated, furnished with expensive furniture, a fancy bathroom, garden, garage, one person in a three-four bed (dining room counts as a bedroom in council accommodation) and all those things that the tenants don't have.

'Oh, well, I needed more than what a council would give me because I have So Much Stuff'. Couldn't possibly live like you do, even if I am jealous of your rent and security of tenure.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Tuned into to the conference. She's telling them about the time she took tea with Glaswegians like we're a different species.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.