Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts:
I have that tea towel and bowl from a range at Tesco. I had been very fond of them until now.
Yarg isn't cheap. That hunk of it behind her did not cost pence.
It is a complete waste of it to put it in a fish pie as it has a mild flavour.
Sigh.
'Cornish' was in the brief, it was that or something unspeakable with body fluids from Rick Stein..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Is she really doing the butt text thing again. Jack your top of the range phones both have lock screens. This isn't a thing anymore. I don't think my cringeometer can take any more
To be fair, my mate's arse sent me a Monzo request for something like £674.67 the other day. Frightened the life out of me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
To be fair, my mate's arse sent me a Monzo request for something like £674.67 the other day. Frightened the life out of me.
I can believe it! But if the exact same thing happened again the next week you'd be like look, if you need money just ask 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I saw this and thought of someone we know...

Douglas Stuart has won the Booker Prize for Shuggie Bain, his debut novel about a boy in 1980s Glasgow trying to support his mother as she struggles with addiction and poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
'Cornish' was in the brief, it was that or something unspeakable with body fluids from Rick Stein..
She could have made a fish pie 'cornish' pastie using spuds and smoked mackerel, would've been cheaper. I know that's not proper cornish, but veganish isn't vegan either.

Reactions: 27
She could have made a fish pie 'cornish' pastie using spuds and smoked mackerel, would've been cheaper. I know that's not proper cornish, but veganish isn't vegan either.
Or Stargazy Pie, given her fondness for sardines/pilchards.
I'd pay to see her try that...

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I am doing a bit of grunkaing while things in the present day are quiet and I’d just like to say @MancBee ’s cutlery drawer in thread 80 is a thing of great beauty 😍. Just as awe inspiring as your kitchen cupboard!
It’s like a brain cleanser after the grubby chaos of Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Or Stargazy Pie, given her fondness for sardines/pilchards.
I'd pay to see her try that...
I've got this image of stargazy pie with bits of tinned sardine poking out around the edges, maybe jm could get SB and BB to fashion small hats for the sardines out of tin foil and felt pen lids.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Cabal, I come to you tonight in penitence. I am sorry made that photoshop of Jack holding Brenda's banger. Having had it thrust upon me unexpectedly (twice!) in this thread by @Montrachet I realise the true horror of what I've done. From now on, I'm a changed sideboard. No more suggestive close-ups of flabby bangers.

Unless they're under a spoiler.

T.S. - Your art matters. It matters NOW, as it mattered THEN. No matter whom might say it matters not. It. Does. Matter. At times like this, I am reminded of these wise words. "When (one is) being hounded, bullied, etc, online, well meaning folks sometimes say ‘it’s just social media. It doesn’t matter’. But it does matter. Because you matter. And I matter. And kindness matters. And community matters. And choosing to use this platform for good, matters."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Right so I’ve never posted just been quietly reading these threads for months but never needed to contribute you’ve got it all covered (and been entertaining me to no end).

but THIS the ‘I’ve still got patchy bits but I can cover it up’ nope nope nope. I’m a hairdresser (🔺) and you cannot cover supposed patchy bits on hair that short it’s not possible?! I’ve got clients who do have stress related alopecia and frankly her whole ‘my hairs falling out’ rhetoric is utter bullshit and it’s not fair on people who do suffer from this arghhhhh.
Yes - I am no hairdresser and even I know it’s crap. Glad to have it confirmed by the professionals though. Perhaps you can enlighten us if she decides to photo the bald patches after having some clipper action or photoshop fun.

Reactions: 28
Sweet baby cheeses.

super 🔺️ here. in my old office we made a nativity scene mostly out of action figures and I made a Baby Cheesus out of babybel wax. this went on for several years. after I moved elsewhere in the dept, I had emails enquiring after His whereabouts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I've got this image of stargazy pie with bits of tinned sardine poking out around the edges, maybe jm could get SB and BB to fashion small hats for the sardines out of tin foil and felt pen lids.
Watch for a picture of it to turn up on Twitter in a day or two 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yes - I am no hairdresser and even I know it’s crap.
Likewise, but that’s mostly because just about everything she says is shrouded in lies. The thing is it’s not even as though she is one of those people that stretches the truth and kind of gets swept away into believing what she says, a somewhat innocent exaggeration with enough truth that it can nearly be excused. No, she seems to plan the lies she tells to provoke reactions and to manipulate those invested in her. It’s so calculated and menacing.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.