Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🙄 I would've thought that with America being her "second largest audience" she would know that literally everything here is cinnamon flavoured all year round, the pumpkin spice and eggnog flavours start for autumn/winter

Reactions: 40
I see we’re in for a night of it, Fraus

Actually squiggle I’d say they’re about even at best...

0729D8A4-2F02-440A-88A8-3BB6204F9C5A.jpeg

Edit- do we accept early thread title offerings from unknowing squigs?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
What is her obsession with bases? I don’t see any other cook or chef mention them in their recipes.

I’m flummoxed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
T.S. - Your art matters. It matters NOW, as it mattered THEN. No matter whom might say it matters not. It. Does. Matter. At times like this, I am reminded of these wise words. "When (one is) being hounded, bullied, etc, online, well meaning folks sometimes say ‘it’s just social media. It doesn’t matter’. But it does matter. Because you matter. And I matter. And kindness matters. And community matters. And choosing to use this platform for good, matters."
I read that as your arse matters 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Am I going mad or did Jack once talk about getting vases made modelled on her arm?
Oh, I'd forgotten about this deliberately and forensically erased this from my brain. Now all I can think about is what scary squiggle might do with this idea. :sick:
ETA: Sorry, grunking. @Lava got there first!

Ideas.jpg

Why does she always do this? Is she trying to shotgun ideas? I THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE! GET OUT OF MY NICHE!
Ideas are literally nothing on their own and most of hers have been done anyway. Try google first, mate. If there's anything the internet has taught me it's that I'm nowhere near as witty and original as I once thought.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
@Switchstreetz I’m so far behind but ‘hi mr putin’ has me in stitches

ETA just finished grunking, wasn’t actually far behind at all. Loving the theories on Jack’s Mediterranean butt dial

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Her inflated opinion of her own talents is pretty extraordinary isn’t it. No self-awareness at all. It’s like when she faffed around making kombucha for a couple of days and inexplicably thinks she’s come up with a whiskey kombucha that is so good it’s ready to be sold in Waitrose.
She is so deluded that she thinks her terrible stint on DKL made her into a TV presenter. Whereas what it actually did was show the world in no uncertain terms that she IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE even a remotely competent presenter.
I wonder if anyone close to her has ever tried talking sense into her.
Bib Good luck with that! I am sure you’d be met with

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 317335
Why does she always do this? Is she trying to shotgun ideas? I THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE! GET OUT OF MY NICHE!
Ideas are literally nothing on their own and most of hers have been done anyway. Try google first, mate. If there's anything the internet has taught me it's that I'm nowhere near as witty and original as I once thought.
You are so right, a quick Google and I've come up with a lovely French toast icecream recipe by ofbatteranddough, amongst many others. It looks a lot nicer than any recipe Jack has come up with.

Whenever she creates anything edible it has been done before, and better.
When she comes up with something unique, there's a reason that it has not been done before, it doesn't work.

She is trying to be a poor man's Heston, but ends up a Mrs Cropley from Vicar of Dibley.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
984679CA-C5C3-478F-8610-FF9541803A87.jpeg
Recipe? ANY recipe you can find? Yeah, completed ‘em, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.