Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good evening Jack!
Fair play to her for giving the money back.

But it's interesting that she's not even trying to hide that she can afford that, yet couldn't afford butter not long ago. I can't believe people actually gave her money. And bought her a trolley. She is awful!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
What is with the bleeping letters thing.

It’s a shame we can’t have swearing in thread titles because I would go for Jack Monroe twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
'I can bang out columns in half an hour. I just regurgitate the same old shite and don't fact check anything. Please hire me'
What's the betting the first line will be "I'm Jack Monroe, I was a single parent living on benefits in a freezing cold flat"

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Child keeps borrowing my phone and I can’t bloody catch up... my thoughts whilst I have it.

4. Showing those messages from people you worked with is the worst example of narcissistic wank. Also they would say that, they’re not going to say ‘you’re a bleeping nightmare’, they’ll be nice and not book you again.

Anyway I’m busy so duck OFF!!!
In such a minor way I've been in the business dahhhlliinngs 💅 🔺. Supporting actor (extra) in a few things. And I can confirm it is sort of policy to be utterly lovely and complimentary to your face but never get booked again if you are a dick or incompetent. Standard practice. The whole industry thrives and survives on word of mouth.
Rather sad Jack believes this shite.

Reactions: 69
So glad of everyone who posts on these threads! Seriously, JM can be so damn triggering when she's in full on chaos mode and it's just really lovely to have this sanctuary of sanity :love:

ETA: Sorry, did a JM, meant to say hope all the cabal are managing ok this evening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Reading that first post again, ‘letters after our names the way MBEs and academics do...’
What little girl sour grapes! She doesn’t have an MBE (Marcus does) and her double doctorates are honorary.

It’s the equivalent of her making a cardboard box car with jam jar lid wheels and driving it around making vroom vroom sounds because Marcus bought himself a Porsche.
You are so right! And it also seems to assume that people with ADHD, ASD, etc would not have academic letters to put after their names. Quite an assumption.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Reading that first post again, ‘letters after our names the way MBEs and academics do...’
What little girl sour grapes! She doesn’t have an MBE (Marcus does) and her double doctorates are honorary.

It’s the equivalent of her making a cardboard box car with jam jar lid wheels and driving it around making vroom vroom sounds because Marcus bought himself a Porsche.
It made me think of that post she did about adding "MA, Hon" or whatever to her Asda online order lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
This is the Jack effect! Somehow manages to turn communists into capitalists and allies into enemies! She's a right wing plant!!!
totally!

on the one hand, fully automated luxury communism is the answer for us all 🌸✌

on the other hand, get a bleeping job, you bleeping grifter!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
totally!

on the one hand, fully automated luxury communism is the answer for us all 🌸✌

on the other hand, get a bleeping job, you bleeping grifter!
The whole FALC thing assumes you're doing stuff within your community, as does basic income. It's so horrible that the right wing can quite fairly point towards people like Jack (a capitalist posing as a not exactly communist but definitely pretending to be left wing) to discredit actually quite fundamentally decent ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

I have said this a few times She is so bitter and the bitterness manifests into pure envy. She cannot stand that Marcus ( a newbie ) is already running rings around her and she's been at this a LONG time and achieved... Not so much.
I know lots of academics and yes they do use their letters but for professionalism not for show. The showy ones are the ones most other academics avoid because they are in fact wankers.

People with ADHD and autism are so unique and lovely that I actually think it's awful the way she is handling it because her feelings were a bit hurt by an insensitive piece of work by a fellow artist.

As she asked this person why no autistic actors were asked? As she asked why they chose this person in a calm and questioning manner and not a flamming mud slinging match. I actually feel she is being very insensitive to her fellow ADHD and autistic friends and fans.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I could add letters after my name, but I SHAN'T.

She can get lost with her letters after her name, what about those with illnesses that don't have snappy acronyms. By putting letters after her name denoting what her diagnoses are, she is allowing people to pre-judge her with their own predjudices.

I do not want to be defined solely on my (multiple) illnesses. I do not want someone to see my illnesses before they see me. I don't want someone to make assumptions about me based on my illnesses. I do not want people to assume that I will conform to generalised stereotypical behaviors associated with my illness.

My illnesses are not me, I am not my illnesses.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Remember when people tried to move away from labels and categories, and tried to be seen as complete/whole humans? Putting letters to show your disability/gender after your twitter name is reductive and unnecessary.

It's not a personality type and it doesn't make you special, Jackie.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
'I can bang out columns in half an hour. I just regurgitate the same old shite and don't fact check anything. Please hire me'
"When I was poor, I had to look my adorable baby son in the eye, which fair interrupted my HUGE WRACKING SOBS and howls and say son "we've run out of jam". Tories never run out of jam and don't know about poverty the way I do, there was this one time when I only had lemon curd but I wanted jam so I sold all my lightbulbs because people totally buy second hand lightbulbs, then my water got cut off. Everyone said can you not phone your dad for help but I'm intentionally humiliating my parents in public by implying they left me starve so no I couldn't. They shall never know the indignity of RENTING a crappy bungalow in an affluent area. I mean Christ you don't expect someone of my background to live alongside actual poors on an estate or something. No, I shall larp on in my private rental until I con enough credulous squiggles into handing over their benefits and buying me something decent as befits a lady of my standing.

Anyway mental health yeah, just know that however bad you've had it, I've had it worse so cheer up and fill my tip jar. Have you ever been invited to a premiere and then punched a wall? Didn't think so. Been floored by a splinter? Clawed an Axminster to SHREDs whilst howling? Chewed a hole the size of Wales in your own face? I thought I'd skip the recipe this month and just wack a load of things in a pot with some curry powder (before blending them to pillowy, softy softy clouds because ADHD or some tit." (Note to ED- you don't think this a bit on the nose- tidy it up for me love)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I didn't see those Christmas cake toppers for the dominoes on the £20 shop Jack.
Omg this yes!! I forgot about my ambition to become a shortbread truther, this toppers are from ASDA. I know cos I’ve got them 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.