Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Jack, if you are an ex sex worker, why didn’t you use your platform to campaign for them during lockdown? There’s proof that female sexual workers were risking their health by still meeting clients whilst juggling childcare and other responsibilities. And then there are the people who turned to sex work to make ends meet. I believe in NZ they gave sex workers a basic wage to keep them safe. Couldn’t you have lent your voice? Or bashed a column out in half an hour to support them?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Wow... What a day to upgrade my phone. My grunk has been HELL. But I did it. Yay me.

JM you are an absolute prick.

Dear Canal. I love you all. (Chefs kiss)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Reporting for night duty and I have 30 pages to grunka. I skipped ahead to try and like some thread titles before Poca has to start the new one! I knew she was building up to a chaos.
Hauskeeping- I think Fraus and Herrs of the canal should be allowed to nominate thread titles at any time, given how fast the thread can move.
I’m going back to this morning and I hope there are SHEEPS in between the nonsense and slop!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Just watched last night’s Masterchef the Professionals and Tom Parker-Bowles just described a dish as “fifty shades of beige”.

Looking forward to Jack’s vicious pile-on for getting up in HER (monetised) NICHE. Guilting him into signing up as a Patreon as reparations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
So Jack, if you are an ex sex worker, why didn’t you use your platform to campaign for them during lockdown? There’s proof that female sexual workers were risking their health by still meeting clients whilst juggling childcare and other responsibilities. And then there are the people who turned to sex work to make ends meet. I believe in NZ they gave sex workers a basic wage to keep them safe. Couldn’t you have lent your voice? Or bashed a column out in half an hour to support them?
Nothing that Jack claims to have been through translates into any kind of direct action which doesn't benefit her, personally and monetarily.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I think you might be one of the funniest people in the world, @jenny2603, I can’t actually tell you the number of times I’ve shook with laughter reading your posts.

Oh me too, I'm reading while watching a film with my SBs and the one sat next to me asked why I am shaking like I am going to explode 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 317878
‘Nasties’
‘Wobbles’
‘Floof’

ETA - I see Jack is petitioning her own thread titles again.
Sorry if it’s already been said but why was she perfectly happily to produce 4 screenshots to satisfy some random that she’s super easy breezy to work with buttttttt can’t supply any evidence to validate her many ailments??

Oh yeah it’s coz she talks absolute shite.

Like come on Jack, you have a blue tick! If you have ADHD and autism and all the other things then why not talk about them with the aim of spreading awareness and not just self indulgent whining???

Reactions: 42
Good evening Jack!
Jackie, as a writer you should know that you don't get paid for the time you hammer 700 words out on your keyboard. Writers get paid for their research, thinking, reading, analysing AND writing. It's always been fairly obvious you don't do most of these, but to proudly announce it on Twitter is a special kind of stupid. I can only assume this is due to you being mildly lactose intolerant (MLI).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I’ve got numerous academic letters after my name. I also struggle with chronic illness. Neither of these things define me. I’m a human. I work so hard to not be defined by my disabilities. I’m in no way ashamed of them but I am more than some labels & it hurts that someone in the public eye is encouraging people to reduce themselves to labels.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
"You're really good on camera mate, honestly" reads 100% as a (politely untrue) answer to Jack fishing for compliments.
If recent, what a truly bizarre thing to say to a tv presenter.

If not recent, how odd to fish out complimentary correspondence from eons ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ugh she's constantly trying to go viral....the whole "letters after the name" thing will be ditched as soon as she realises it's not going to happen

• Heart
Reactions: 40
"You're really good on camera mate, honestly" reads 100% as a (politely untrue) answer to Jack fishing for compliments.
The disconnect between reality and what Jack wants to be true almost makes me feel sorry for her? It's so tragic.

Reactions: 32
I agree with you, but sadly think in some people's eyes that does equate us to Piers Morgan. I feel a lot of nuance is missing on social media. Also, two things can be true at the same time, I.e. it's important to have diverse casting AND you shouldn't have to cast only autistic people to play autistic characters.
I think the issue is that many autistic actors will be passed over for roles playing neurotypical characters but then can’t get roles playing autistic characters as neurotypical characters also get those. Same issue as when cis actors are cast as a trans character or abled actors are cast as a disabled character. You’re showing their stories on screen but overlooking them in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.