Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did she manage to take the Sia thing and turn it into a full day of tweeting about herself. She loves it. Full-time Twitter knob.
On a grunka, absolutely disgusted with Cack today (the claiming PTSD has simultaneously triggered and tipped me over the edge once again with her) and I have to just pause and nominate this as a thread title. PLEASE.

Jack Monroe #108 Full-time Twitter Knob.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Still not seen any Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Leflunomide, Sulfasalazine, Adalimumab, Prednisone or literally ANY OTHER medication for RA.

Yours sincerely, Dragon WA Flagon, RA, PsA, SpA, EDS (III), POTS, ADHD, ASD and duck OFF.
Fellow RA person here, I havent seen them mention any DMARDs (I was expecting to read something about being put on a chemo drugas most new to RA people.panic about that) or any biologics, for all that their arthritis is bad. Also, those of us with RA tend to say RA, not arthritis as there are over 100 different types of arthritis and RA is autoimmune.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
I think you might be one of the funniest people in the world, @jenny2603, I can’t actually tell you the number of times I’ve shook with laughter reading your posts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Good evening Jack!
"I can bang out columns in half an hour". Such care, such effort. She clearly takes pride in her work.

I really can't see what she'd bring to a magazine like this? She's going to drone on about herself again isn't she? Not really the soothing pep talk or practical advice you might be looking for 😕.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Wouldn't that line of thought make David Tennant and Dominic West serial killers? It's just pretending, I agree.
Hi, I’m an autistic adult. I’m partially non-speaking. I personally find it gross to watch someone play an autistic character as if it’s as simple as putting on a costume. It’s even grosser when the movie doesn’t consult any autistic people for research. It’s even grosser when the movie involves no autistic creatives. It’s even grosser when the movie pretends to be positive for autistic people but really caters to caregivers and parents of autistic people. It’s even grosser when the movie’s creator logs on to swear at autistic people who kindly let her know that she did everything wrong and got her only info from Autism Speaks, a “charity” that does not support autistic people (they are more interested in eliminating autism than supporting autistic people — most autistic people like themselves, just wish society was accessible).

It’s super gross because society likes to pretend autistic adults don’t exist. Also, society likes to speak for us or dismiss us as “not autistic enough” based on outdated functioning labels. Basically, nothing about us without us and Sia went to extreme lengths not to include any autistic people. And Sia won’t use the words “disabled” or “autistic” because she’s both a coward who doesn’t want to be criticized (uh, we’re not dumb) and is ableist and thinks those are bad words. All kinds of yuck.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a rant at all. I’m trying to explain how it goes way beyond just an allistic playing an autistic. It’s not the same as a non-serial killer playing a serial killer. The serial killer community is not clamouring for better representation in media, as far as I know.

This is coming from someone who has been called Rain Man since they were 12. By teachers, coaches, relatives, friends... all very well meaning people. (Edit: And I even like Rain Man — please, let’s all pretend I can calculate great sums of toothpicks in an instant 👍)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
I'm sorry, I'm actually only on 23 but I cannot contain my incandescent rage til the last page.

Someone needs to tell her that when you have ADHD or ASD or anything really you do not get every single symptom. Looks like she's run down a list and picked a symptom per personality flaw in order to avoid taking responsibility for her behaviour. Rejection sensitivity is even disputed in psych circles because it's impossible to measure and potentially a very normal human reaction.

Jack. Might as well address this directly to you. I have ADHD & ASD. I do not go around telling people to deal with it or get fucked like some coked up diva, I acknowledge the behaviour that is caused by these conditions, explain the salient issues to those affected and moderate my language/responses as much as I can. It's called being an adult. Try it.

As for the frankly bewildering idea that everyone else is a standard peg but you're super special and unique... No. You are beige personified, much the same as me, distinctly average in every way.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 22.24.01.png

When I read this tweet, all I can hear is Alan Partridge saying "needless to say, I had the last laugh. NOW duck OFF," though gritted teeth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
OK so the whole ~I was a sex worker thing~ makes me cringe on so many different levels, I think because not only is it absolute unadulterated SHITE but also because she pretends to keep it on the DL. So it's a weird combo of kind of pretending to be ashamed of it (the Ken Loach narrative - I was forced into sex work by poverty, don't tell my mama and daddy) but also wanting to be all 'sex work is work', which would involve some sort of feminist / political analysis which she's clearly incapable of. On account of being thick.
Kendra Loach!!!

Too short!

Dr Kendra Loach ARSE

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Reading that first post again, ‘letters after our names the way MBEs and academics do...’
What little girl sour grapes! She doesn’t have an MBE (Marcus does) and her double doctorates are honorary.

It’s the equivalent of her making a cardboard box car with jam jar lid wheels and driving it around making vroom vroom sounds because Marcus bought himself a Porsche.
Yes and yes again my princess. She’s well jel about Marcus and his MBE and everything else you said was perfectly put as always. *chef’s kiss

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.