Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The disconnect between reality and what Jack wants to be true almost makes me feel sorry for her? It's so tragic.
I sometimes almost feel sorry for her.....then I remember the multitude of lies, pile ons, bullshit, self aggrandizing, patreon nonsense, benefit stealing, pointless expensive trips, ridiculous pomposity, horrible food, not fulfilling paid-for commitments and the use of a small animal for Twitter likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Just watched last night’s Masterchef the Professionals and Tom Parker-Bowles just described a dish as “fifty shades of beige”.

Looking forward to Jack’s vicious pile-on for getting up in HER (monetised) NICHE. Guilting him into signing up as a Patreon as reparations.
I raged listening to him and that bleeping eejit Dent. Honestly. I hate food critics. bleeping pointless. Irrational hatred for food critics.

Reactions: 26
Any bets on how long the twitter name stays for this time before being replaced by something else juvenile? A Christmas pun, perhaps? Or another Butt Dial concoction? I reckon Jack will get bored of acronyms by tomorrow lunch time.

Reactions: 34
If recent, what a truly bizarre thing to say to a tv presenter.

If not recent, how odd to fish out complimentary correspondence from eons ago.
Can you imagine the fishing that led up to that? “Bullies online said I was terrible and really left me deflated, but I had just broken up with mrs j. And also AdHd 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I am.....speechless.

She has absolutely outdone herself on the inserting myself and my fake illnesses into everything and being a bleep chart today.

I genuinely believe she is that psychotic and manipulative that she has googled the tit out of ADHD, Autism and Arthritis and makes the condition fit her and her story - the wallpaper thing is a perfect example. She knows through Wiki that people with autism/ADHD need something like this so she creates it in a “I’m so one of those people” way and makes up stories to fit the narrative. I think she’s conning the world and GP’s into believing it because she’s such a compulsive liar she believes it herself. It’s frightening what she’s doing, and the fact she’s letting her made up conditions absolutely define her.

Get to duck you little gremlin.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I think the issue is that many autistic actors will be passed over for roles playing neurotypical characters but then can’t get roles playing autistic characters as neurotypical characters also get those. Same issue as when cis actors are cast as a trans character or abled actors are cast as a disabled character. You’re showing their stories on screen but overlooking them in real life.
Agree - in an ideal world it would be a level playing field and anyone could play any role. However the world isn't equal, and certain groups have been pretty invisible for a long time, so when they're actually starting to be included in stories and given lead roles, they should be played by people with the same characteristics. (Characteristics is the wrong word here, but it's late and I'm tired, ok?)

It can get complicated when the role involves a character with different forms of ability through a lifetime - Theory Of Everything for example, but until it becomes standard for films/TV etc to have performers who happen to have a disability without that being their main characteristic, then it's a deeper thing that just 'all actors are acting, so they can be anyone'.

I've not always been as aware of this as I'd like, and still have plenty to learn, but I have started to notice and appreciate little things like Bake Off contestants who appear to have a disability, but there's no mention of it in regards to their background, and no focus an any adaptations that may or may not have been made from the production side.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I had to skip a few pages, has anyone come up with what the acronyms truly mean? I'm going for:

Aggressive Disastrous Histrionic head
Ridiculous hole
Actual Slop Demon

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Her followers are really annoying me tonight. It's like a Church Youth Group on speed.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I didn’t see anyone else with their letters in their name in the comments, but maybe I didn’t look hard enough 👀
I have a variety of ailments, but the thing is I deal with them all the time and I don’t want them to define me. I’m more than a diagnosis. At the same time I’m proud of what I have accomplished in life, but I don’t want it to be despite what I have overcome. I don’t know it’s been a long week, nay a long bleeping year. She’s in full on twit mode today.
Grunking but yes, this exactly. I've got enough rubbish ailments that my boss keeps on threatening to send me to the vet for euthanasia (he thinks he's funny, insert eye roll emoji)

Despite that I'm never late for anything , rarely moan about whichever joint has decided to go out this time or what triggered the current asthma attack. Mostly because it's just life, you crack on. And before I'm defined by those things I'd rather be mama/friend/crazy cat lady/owner of the small dog who thinks he's big.. Etc etc.

Not the collection of bad genetics/product of trauma that I didn't earn.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This one is a gem. Sure Jan, turned down TV shows....
My (RENTED) kingdom for anyone who can prove that Jack Monroe has even once turned down a chance to be a rent-a-gob or peddle her inedible slop on television.

I will literally sleep in my wheelie bin if this turns out to be the case.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.