Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all her protesting she’s not hard work she definitely seems to be playing into this producers hands with this performance. Granted it was a massive dick move by Sia not casting disabled actors/actresses but Jack isn’t helping, I’m finding all this extremely disrespectful to the people that suffer from these conditions she’s banding about to fit her poor me I’m so hard done by rhetoric.

Reactions: 24
Me, checking Tattle an hour ago to see I had 23 pages to catch up on

Haha same here.
I'm still in shock that only one producer has complained about Jack.
And that she only tweeted about David Walliams work 😂. She absolutely called him a drug addict and racist. Disgraceful. No wonder she hates here - her appalling behaviour is preserved for all to see.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
...and is neither BIPOC or disabled. Another platform stolen from the marginalised by a sharp elbowed middle class larper.
Not to mention how *bleeping bonkers* it is that not 2 hours after she kicked off about non-autistic actors getting gigs in autistic roles, she accepts a gig adopting the role she likes to play of hard-done-by breakdown surviver. To a readership perhaps expecting practical advice in these times of universal struggle, having Monroe explain how she has spent the summer sunbathing in the garden of her (crappy) mansion is perhaps not exactly something most can easily relate to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Haha same here.
I'm still in shock that only one producer has complained about Jack.
And that she only tweeted about David Walliams work 😂. She absolutely called him a drug addict and racist. Disgraceful. No wonder she hates here - her appalling behaviour is preserved for all to see.
The others kept it quiet and simply never booked her again - or silently widened their eyes and shook their heads when a peer said 'I'm thinking of getting Jack Monroe for this thing'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
...and is neither BIPOC or disabled. Another platform stolen from the marginalised by a sharp elbowed middle class larper.

ETA: £80 sits well within the permitted work rules for someone claiming ESA. This would have been such a good opportunity for someone who really needs the break to test the water by doing a bit of work that can be done from home without risking their benefit claim.
I agree, she's very selfish.

Reactions: 23
View attachment 318110
Seems kinda nuts to me that Jack Monroe needed to take this work considering how already BUSY she is, but um ok I guess
That'll sort out shopping in Waitrose instead of Aldi.

Honestly, this afternoon has been nuts. Is this what it's like having kids who try and lie to you, but you know full well it's bollocks so you just smile and nod? Have I just 🔺myself with that comment?!?
I need a lie down after that but the abs have certainly had a workout!

IBS, FM (fibromyalgia in case that's ambiguous to anyone), IMOM (international (wo)man of mystery), GB (former international athlete).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I agree, she's very selfish.
The decent thing for someone in her position to do here is to do the column but ask them to use the £80 fee to either commission an extra regular who fits the criteria or suggest a monthly writing competition and let a few more folk get a credit but crappy bungalows don't pay for themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thread title:

A nuclear-level meltdown after an innocent comment - it’s a good job I can take criticism! (Hold me)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.