Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This wallpaper? That has to be the most expensive to do list ever!
never even thought that to be the pattern, assumed she had drawn the shapes herself, THAT IS A CRAZY PRICE FOR DOODLING PAPER!!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Everyone on here seems to have a Monroe-limit, a tipping point. Not the reason that brought them here but a point where her endless nonsense jumps the shark, so to speak. 'The desk' arrangement is that moment for me. - Its just so bleeping pointless and pathetic, the amount of time and effort wasted for something so clearly produced to emote cooing noises from the twats who call themselves fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Just above the keyboard on right hand side:
"Lon
ger
ext
ens"
I'll wager (;)) the next three letters are "ion". But for what? The poverty tome? Or the microwave pileup?
If it is her poverty book,lets hope she gets that extension and the idea isn't dropped. Obviously my eyes nearly rolled out my head when I first heard she was going to write the poverty book but the more I think about it, the more I think it might be the thing that does her in. As has been pointed out she's not really big enough for the papers to do an expose about her panhandling and poverty larping but writing a book that's a big extended pity me whine that has a go at the effin' Tories might just be the thing to pique the interest of the Daily Mail (horrible rag but the one most likely to expose her).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 314330

"stash for future excoriation" who writes this tit down, let alone colours it in and broadcasts it to the world?!

also, thinking of "zingers" and retaining them for future use is all a bit Mr Collins in pride+prejudice, innit 🥴
Thank you for translating that, I was trying to work out what it said. I might be misremembering but that wasn’t even her quote was it? I thought she saw it elsewhere on Twitter and thought it was funny. In which case it’s been written down to crank back out at a later date and pass off as her own ‘work’, much like the haunted sentient coat rack or whatever it was.
Sorry to get all FORENSIC on you there Jack, but if I’m correct then that’s just sa-aa-aad!
(needles to say, I had the last laugh).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She seems so keen to claim that she's disorganised because of 'ADHD', or whatever. A complete mess without this cringeworthy desk system.
Talk to any adult with actual ADHD and they’ll tell you that meds are transformational. They can just... get tit done for the first time in their lives. They can focus. Jack really shouldn’t be dining out on “I’m so crazy and disorganised, LOL!” because, quite honestly, if she’s on the right dose of meds she can’t blame her tit work ethic on ADHD.

The effects of ADHD meds on neurotypical brains are interesting though.

“We saw changes in the brain chemistry in ways that are known to have an impact on the reward pathway, locomotor activity, and other behaviors, as well as effects on body weight," Thanos says. "These changes in brain chemistry were associated with serious concerns such as risk-taking behaviors, disruptions in the sleep/wake cycle and problematic weight loss, as well as resulting in increased activity and anti-anxiety and antidepressive effects."

I actually do believe that Jack is neurodivergent in some way, but you can’t deny that her behaviour is nothing like a person with under-control ADHD 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
And she totally *means* to include the expensive data equipment she has, like all the expensive tit she owns she photographs them in the background or in a candid way but she so wants people to know that she has them, because she's a materialistic, possession-focused, middle-class grifter.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I’m so distracted by the 📞 Marcus thing that I’ve had to stop working to just lie on the floor in sheer exhaustion. Given that he has already launched a far-reaching FSM campaign, forced a government U-turn on a punitive policy and started a Dolly-Parton-esque literacy scheme on his own, is Jack’s call not (as per common parlance) closing the stable door after the horse has bolted?

Genuinely, what does she believe she could possibly offer him? “Hey Marcus - loads of centrist dweebs pay my rent for me and although I don’t want to channel their money away from that noble cause I could maybe send like three of these disadvantaged kids a Lion bar?”. The sheer arrogance is astonishing.
It could be Laura Marcus at the Guardian. Who knows, she loves to be vague and thinks it makes her interesting and intriguing. It doesn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Talk to any adult with actual ADHD and they’ll tell you that meds are transformational. They can just... get tit done for the first time in their lives. They can focus. Jack really shouldn’t be dining out on “I’m so crazy and disorganised, LOL!” because, quite honestly, if she’s on the right dose of meds she can’t blame her tit work ethic on ADHD.

The effects of ADHD meds on neurotypical brains are interesting though.

“We saw changes in the brain chemistry in ways that are known to have an impact on the reward pathway, locomotor activity, and other behaviors, as well as effects on body weight," Thanos says. "These changes in brain chemistry were associated with serious concerns such as risk-taking behaviors, disruptions in the sleep/wake cycle and problematic weight loss, as well as resulting in increased activity and anti-anxiety and antidepressive effects."

I actually do believe that Jack is neurodivergent in some way, but you can’t deny that her behaviour is nothing like a person with under-control ADHD 🤔
Great comment. Have personally not any idea about ADHD, apologies if what I say may come across as blasé or insensitive. Had a mate with ADHD a while back and thinking back now, recognise the traits that would make ADHD a challenge, though great guy he is too. Incredibly intelligent, in his particular case. Your comment reminded me actually, had a night out where we, with his permission 'tried' his medication (was a mis-spent youth) and tit, thinking back, for those of us who didn't actually need them - it was a bonkers night.

Reactions: 21
God I HATE myself but the bleeping desk has sucked me in. Any idea what this little section at the mouse could be?
I first read it as "Good Causes GFM Central Pot" which makes no sense then I thought it might be "Good Courses Central Pot" which also makes no sense.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 19.02.33.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's just madness. All the stuff on that "system" is just random shite she's tweeted this week alone.

Reactions: 20
Screenshot_20201117-190501.png

Gosh, how will she cram her fascinating life and many struggles into a short bio?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So, like, call me out if I’m getting a bit QAnon here, but we’ve all noticed that JM seems to plagiarise quite a lot of her recipes from slimming world forums etc. Anyway it seems really weird to me that she’d have a recipe written out in ounces? The imperial system was dead like, over 30 years before she was born and it clearly isn’t a recipe she has taken from family and knows well because she didn’t know how the dough would rise when questioned by a squiggle.

It implies she’s taken it from a US source. Anyway, just noting that all my favourite food blogs borrow from other sources but always, always credit and link to the original. Don’t think I recall seeing that in a bootstrap recipe...
Nothing about her is authentic. Nothing. Not even her 'illnesses'.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 314330

"stash for future excoriation" who writes this tit down, let alone colours it in and broadcasts it to the world?!

also, thinking of "zingers" and retaining them for future use is all a bit Mr Collins in pride+prejudice, innit 🥴
I have questions!

1. How can you 'complete' stashing something away for future use? It's coloured in. Does that mean she has committed it to long term memory somehow?

2. Who refers to their clients as 'client d'? I refer to my clients by the company or contact name. Am I doing it wrong? Do I need a wallpaper system?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.