Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought her potatoes were caramelised pineapple chunks. If this is HER JOB (as she keeps telling us), why can she not at least attempt to make the products of Daily Kitchen Atrocity look at all appealing? I'd even settle for making them look edible at this point.

As a 100% vegan, if you serve me what is essentially blended beetroot and mandarin porridge as a Christmas dinner main I will kick your shins straight into next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Our daughter is veggie. She doesn't like mushrooms or aubergines so for christmas dinner last year she had a cheese and damson jelly parcel from Booths, and I made some onion gravy for her. Delicious. Everything else apart from the pigs in blankets was veggie.

Why in jack world does being veggie or vegan mean you have to eat disgusting slop especially at Christmas?

Has she looted a local primary’s harvest festival? Canned mandarins 🙄. Does anyone remember the episode of the Royle Family when Dave & Denise made Christmas dinner? I’m getting flashbacks.
Carrot crush anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
probably means cooked in butter. Or in lard.
I make them when I have gluts in the summer, you simmer the peas in veg stock until *just* cooked, add lettuce, take off the heat and add lemon juice, salt and white pepper.

Doubtless her version includes any old stock, simmer until mulch and then plenty of black pepper. Merde.

Eta - I learned this from one of THAT MAN'S books so she definitely won't be making it thaf way

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This really makes me sad. Jack has said she can't get the trolley because everyone is working from home. I'm sure there are ways for staff to get into the office and access their mail. If it was a royalty check waiting to be cashed she'd be there quicker than washing a Burberry scarf found in a muddy puddle.
Spoiler: it's in the charity shop waiting on her admin to post I think?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Any news on the 'Fan Mail' she had to beg people to write to her?
Perhaps they are waiting until there is enough to fill the trolley and drop it at her door in one hit.
Do knock and run.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Another Insta. Can we play "spot the connection" between JM and one of the contestants
View attachment 311893
These look so terrible. They remind me of the tragic roasties my mum would make when my dad had insisted on a Sunday roast but then arrived back from the pub four hours late. They would be simultaneously overdone/blackened (as a result of the optimistic stage where we thought he might come home 30 mins late) and greasily soggy from sitting soaking in oil in a rapidly cooling oven (at the point which it was accepted that dinner was ruined). This picture is a visual reminder of that weekly misery and I’m not sure how she, World’s Best Food Writer, can’t see how tit they look.

The irony of her pointing out that she’s used an alcohol free red wine in her gravy when last night she shoved four boulders donuts filled with brandy-laced mincemeat into her facehole lie-cave.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Someone posted a series of hilarious photos on a Facebook group I'm on , (BBC Good Food Together) of dishes that made an appearance in America in 50's and 60's....think this is where Jackie gets their inspiration from!
wish I could post all the photos cos they're amazing- here is an example 🤢
2EBE27BF-A249-46DE-BFEF-4A6E496BD04A.jpeg

Here is another offering ....looks suspiciously like an expression of eggs Anchoiade 😂
671557A7-EA7D-46FF-BD39-D92A48461994.jpeg

And for the love of god, what's this? ( herring and bananas apparently)
DF0F48D3-AC92-40AD-B5AA-E9B6D048C5E1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Someone posted a series of hilarious photos on a Facebook group I'm on , (BBC Good Food Together) of dishes that made an appearance in America in 50's and 60's....think this is where Jackie gets their inspiration from!
wish I could post all the photos cos they're amazing- here is an example 🤢View attachment 312064

Here is another offering ....looks suspiciously like an expression of eggs Anchoiade 😂View attachment 312065

And for the love of god, what's this? ( herring and bananas apparently) View attachment 312067
They look far too solid for the Slopslinger.

veal-jello-59e76ccf685fbe00113ff77e.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Imagine if Jack came back now that Tattle rules have changed?

Shan't.

Too short? Too short for this hellsite? duck off, I'm Jack Monroe, activist, food writer, single mother, talking head, slayer of dragons and confronter of trolls. I can still remember the day my son looked at me, after eating a single slice of bread with jam, and cried, "More toast, Mummy? Where's Mummy's weetabix?"

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Thick instant gravy? 🤮I thought she was avoiding alcohol?🤔 fermented port reduction?
if you are adding all that stuff why not make actual gravy?

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.