Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Untitled 4.png

Again, a terribly amateur-looking photo.

Google 'Carrot Cake Overnight Oats' - literally not one looks as bad as hers.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
missed all of yesterday but I HATE that she asked people to send stuff into her publisherā€™s during a PANDEMIC? Sheā€™s so far removed from the working she canā€™t comprehend how tit that would be for whoever has to pick up that work. Comrade Jack moment #47383639

If publishing is like any other media company Iā€™ve worked for the onus will be on the assistant getting paid tit all but who ā€œlives in Londonā€ (eg a HMO in zone 5 or parentally funded warehouse in Hackney) to get 2 buses across town to come in cos snr management ā€œcanā€™tā€ (read: donā€™t want to) commute in from their 5 beds in Kent or Herts (other Home Counties are available x). But as long as Jackie gets some letters and pressies who cares that someoneā€™s having to do that ey!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Oh I'm partial to the odd tin of mandarins
When I was young ; 10-11 maybe and I started being interested in reading recipes I did a ginger cake with cream and tinned mandarins , ā€˜ā€˜twas very nice.

View attachment 312117
Again, a terribly amateur-looking photo.

Google 'Carrot Cake Overnight Oats' - literally not one looks as bad as hers.
duck me, itā€™s the carrot vomit again!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
We did Jimmy Hill and extended our chins at School in the 90s in Scotland. We would sing or chant it football match style every time someone said something outrageous. I'd forgotten about that until this thread but that chant will be stuck in my head now.

When Jack posted on tattle is a bit like the 'do you remember where you were when JFK died'. I watched it unfold live but was too gobsmacked to say anything, it was like a demon had been summoned and I didn't know what to say. I did hold a cross up and sprinkle holy water just in case though.

Marcus Rashford buying 5 houses could be be buying for family members. It's what I would do if I won big on the lotto.
He basically said that's why he did it. He invested in property for his families future. And Ā£ 2 million isn't even a lot

Reactions: 23
There is something worse that stepping on Lego or an upturned plug and thatā€™s *kneeling* on the fuckers.

Jesus, thatā€™s taken some time to catchup. And Iā€™ll admit, I didnā€™t actually read the last 4 threads. Just relied on the summaries provided by the fragrant Pocahontas.

Bloody real life getting in the way.

• Wow
God, I cannot even articulate how much I hate seeing spoons plonked into the food in her photos.

Why do it!? It doesn't make the food look and better, and just looks messy. Eeedeuuuurrrrggghh!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
See her mate Krish got a prime spot covering for Nicky Campbell on the Radio 5 breakfast show.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am not a fan of overnight oats, nothing doesn't entice me more than something left to basically go soggier in the fridge overnight. Plus cold porridge is the stuff of Oliver twist nightmares. Perhaps I am work and they are delicious. I will however bow out gracefully from the breakfast table if presented with this. It's a no from me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Another Insta. Can we play "spot the connection" between JM and one of the contestants
View attachment 311893
These roast potatoes look so greasy and disgusting - are they legendary for being tit?

Also 'better for fermenting in a slightly dodgy way in my cupboard' Jack the food writing poet strikes again

What on earth are slow cooked peas with lettuce in "classic French style"?! šŸ˜–
Braised lettuce with peas is actually very tasty but you're not supposed to slow cook it!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I really don't like that top heavy oats glass on a spindly stalk... It's making me disproportionately cross. Breakfast should not be served in a novelty mammoth sized wineglass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It's taken me a while but I got around to a profile pic, I don't think I'm stepping on anyone's toes with this delightful JM special?

Whilst looking I came across a Metro article about death threats she got
after the kitten died
, there are only a handful of comments but they're all spot on.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I am not a fan of overnight oats, nothing doesn't entice me more than something left to basically go soggier in the fridge overnight. Plus cold porridge is the stuff of Oliver twist nightmares. Perhaps I am work and they are delicious. I will however bow out gracefully from the breakfast table if presented with this. It's a no from me.
Coffee overnight oats are good. Not sure you need a recipe to put oats, liquid, yoghurt and fruit in a jar though. Good coffee and bananas and Greek yoghurt plus oats keeps me going on a nightshift. Sure the carrot ones are nicked from two chubby cubs though. If it is surprised she hasn't knocked their jokes as well.

Can't remember who posted about Booths, but those parcels are in the Christmas book again. Glad JM is too far South to appreciate Booths or she would recreate them with any old cheese, cheap jam nd a different pastry because, maverick

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 06.47.24.jpg

Softy soft soft! Wouldn't want any texture to remain now would we?!
Although I find tinned carrots are already as soft as mush.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I love overnight oats but you do not need to be putting anything in a blender to make them nice šŸ˜‚ Oats, banana, soy milk, squeeze of maple syrup and frozen blueberries. Mix, leave overnight and voila. I also add chia seeds but appreciate how expensive they are and are not essential.

I've never understood the need to make healthy items sounds like desserts. It's never going to taste like a carrot cake so why bother?!

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.