Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1A58CD2F-A948-4F0E-B89F-DBC3769BC2F6.jpeg

This is the tags list from the latest beans, beef and bleeping mandarins abomination/insult to food. Oh, the irony of these next to each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
We have to start calling her Sicknote, there is always something ,albeit minor, wrong with her
It's early marketing for her next project "Cooking on an Sicknote: 100 Blender Classics for the Hypochondriac Narcissist on a Budget"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
So Mom’s Banana, Chocolate and Tahini pudding is delicious.
But as we were eating it my husband asked if it had raisins or beetroot in it... is he a Jackolyte!?
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Choc pudding makes everything better!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Should someone who’s on the (and I quote : ) ‘highest possible dose of SSRIs’ be necking down grapefruit juice?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
So the onions and garlic are not fried off, just simmered for 30 minutes with already cooked tinned beans, and then for a further 20 minutes with added mandarins and (rinsed) tinned stewed steak? 50 minutes of fuel use to warm through things that have already been cooked to softness in the canning process? This is helping those on limited incomes??

(And that's before we get into the question of tinned mandarins subbing for caramelised orange slices....)

• Sick
Reactions: 42
Clearly BB put her foot down regarding the constant twittering yesterday. And not before time.

Lego sorting? Completed it mate. 🧐
If she had done this, we’d surely have hear it at the time. Plus pictures.

Reactions: 20
Who the duck uses a calculator in 2020?! I work with numbers, have a degree in ~the numbers~, and haven’t touched my Casio since 2012...

Suspect her super consumption is an attempt to find her personal brand & decorate her life with bits that reaffirm it? So the calculator is essential for serious business woman Jack, the burberry for fashionable (I die lol) jack, the curtains for aspirational MC housewife jack, etc etc?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Should someone who’s on the (and I quote : ) ‘highest possible dose of SSRIs’ be necking down grapefruit juice?
I work in a pharmacy and you're supposed to avoid it as it can mess with plasma levels, especially with Sertraline. Also I doubt she's on the highest dose possible. Every loud mouth patient thinks their on 'strong' tablets when there's usually some quietly ill person, struggling who's on the actual max dose with other things too like a benzo or mood stabiliser.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She needs it to walk around the supermarket being performatively poor.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
[QUOTE="Ladderedtights, post: 2921724, member: 68706"
Good grief, can you imagine being on that Zoom call and watching Cack swig awkwardly from that stupid blue vase? It wouldn’t have been a subtle sip either. Bad Zoom manners!
[/QUOTE]

Swigging wildly in the desperate hope someone mentions it: “oh this? It’s a carafe Lou...my Budd...housemate bought me. Hang on...I think it’s a VASE!!! Oh my word, what am I like. This is just CLASSIC me and my autism and adhd brain. What a silly tiny little thing I am. I can barely lift it with my impossibly small fingers! I’m just such a maverick!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Wright says that the signs of a scam are genuinely unique to each case, but there are some general tells. When someone is blogging about a legitimate illness, she notes — even in the most extreme cases — there are days of tedium: lying on the couch binge-watching Netflix or sitting on the porch, a weary face turned to the sun. “Constant drama is a big red flag,” she says. “[In legitimate illnesses,] every day is not this big dramatic roller coaster, where you have a bone marrow transplant one day and the next day your cousin dies in a car crash and the next day the dog runs away and the house burns down. With the scammers, every day is sweeps week.”

Have any of you listened to Desperately Seeking Sympathy? It's on BBC Sounds. Not about scamming, but about people who make up illnesses.

Also, I went to school with someone who did the 'I'm dying of cancer" thing. Again, not for money, just for attention - but there are parallels and money was involved in the end. They lost their job as a result.

(Sorry, back to posting from the past again 🙃)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
So the onions and garlic are not fried off, just simmered for 30 minutes with already cooked tinned beans, and then for a further 20 minutes with added mandarins and (rinsed) tinned stewed steak? 50 minutes of fuel use to warm through things that have already been cooked to softness in the canning process? This is helping those on limited incomes??

(And that's before we get into the question of tinned mandarins subbing for caramelised orange slices....)
When she cooked for Marina O'Loughlin, she slow cooked tinned steak for 12 hours or something. 😬

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.