Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This looks bleeping awful! What has she done again?? Red slop!

I am having an extreme FOMO moment bc of #31 but I am already laughing a bit as if I had been there. That pic of her holding the sheet has got so much Adele "Hello. It's me"- potential. I literally would have died with laughter if she had popped up live on that thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Isn’t today the £20 slop shop?

I can’t keep up with her and the constant rule changes, but on the plus side, I’m counting down to the day Louisa fucks her off and leaves the crappy bungalow and inevitable narcissis losing power over someone breakdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I believe at least one Frau mentioned she should start making seasonally appropriate stuff and as if by magic....
Yeah I did 🙋. Beetroot mixed with tinned mandarins and stale bread wasn't what I had in mind though... Can't think why.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
The person who sent the shopping trolley to her agent is gonna be royally fucked off that she's sacked off the gruelling 2 trips to Asda every Sunday (how many times did she actually do it? Once? Twice? But made out she'd been doing it for years!) Hope the agent sends it back. Fraudster

ETA How do the squiggles not ADD UP this tit? How come she had no choice but to do it THEN and "no other options" were available but NOW she's fine to do small top up shops like a normal person?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
The person who sent the shopping trolley to her agent is gonna be royally fucked off that she's sacked off the gruelling 2 trips to Asda every Sunday (how many times did she actually do it? Once? Twice? But made out she'd been doing it for years!) Hope the agent sends it back. Fraudster
This really makes me sad. Jack has said she can't get the trolley because everyone is working from home. I'm sure there are ways for staff to get into the office and access their mail. If it was a royalty check waiting to be cashed she'd be there quicker than washing a Burberry scarf found in a muddy puddle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
This really makes me sad. Jack has said she can't get the trolley because everyone is working from home. I'm sure there are ways for staff to get into the office and access their mail. If it was a royalty check waiting to be cashed she'd be there quicker than washing a Burberry scarf found in a muddy puddle.
Definitely. Did she even thank that squiggle? It was always just "apparently someone sent one to my agent" and I think she only acknowledged it at all because we kept talking about it here. Rotten behaviour. That person was probably all excited for her to get/use it. She couldn't care less. As you say she would've preferred them to just send money to her tip jar instead

• Sad
Reactions: 53
Definitely. Did she even thank that squiggle? It was always just "apparently someone sent one to my agent" and I think she only acknowledged it at all because we kept talking about it here. Rotten behaviour. That person was probably all excited for her to get/use it. She couldn't care less. As you say she would've preferred them to just send money to her tip jar instead
I feel really sorry for that squiggle now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Perhaps she’s speed writing an essay

Beetroot and canned mandarin?...,,,, there are no words.
I have seen beetroot and orange/tinned Mandarin recipes, but for cakes mainly. Wouldn't it be too sweet for a main course?

This may be an example of a recipe Jack didn't 'invent' via google.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

ETA How do the squiggles not ADD UP this tit? How come she had no choice but to do it THEN and "no other options" were available but NOW she's fine to do small top up shops like a normal person?
I reckon the trolley wasn’t designer enough, and she is not prepared to be seen in public with it, hence the change in routine.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Of course there's someone in the office. How else did the trolley get delivered to the office? It would've been returned if there was no-one there to accept it. She just can't be bothered to either go get it, or have it sent on to her home address.
How stupid does she think people really are??

Reactions: 40
This makes me sad, too. I can relate bc I know the kind of disappointment when you have really stretched yourself to do a favour coming from the bottom of your heart and it is not being acknowledged at all. I sincerely hope that she AT LEAST she has had the decency to say something like "Due to Covid... blabla but I am so excited..thank you soooo much...will pick up swiftly whenever possible...so kind..."

As the experienced Frauen have pointed out on numerous occasions, it is those who help who are often not well-off themselves.

I am not trying to be overly dramatic but even discussing this ungrateful behaviour and the disappointment has me nearly in tears. This is so cruel.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
So Ms ‘90% vegan’ thinks that some sort of tinned mandarin slop is fine to be either a vegan centrepiece OR a side to meat. It’s either one or the other; if it’s ok as a side for some it isn’t a centrepiece for others you stupid witch.

(autocarrot changed witch to butch but I thought I’d better not leave it....)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Also- a squiggle does something nice, not a peep from Jack.

Jack sends out a few bleeping curly wurlys and suddenly she's Mother Teresa

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I think every Fire Service in the country has said that deep frying is bloody stupid idea at any time, never mind when somebody has issues with attention or dexterity. And she's never mentioned owning a deep fat fryer or making chips (which the same people have said not to do - go to the chip shop or buy oven chips is their advice).

You'd think that the person frying so many things with weird, not guaranteed fire safe slabs of table on their countertops, had absolutely no idea of what fire professionals (including investigators) would say. Or they were thick as (non deep fried) mince meat.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.