Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad that you are less stressed, Jackie, seeing as you do nothing. Nothing at all, nada, zilch, sfa, nix, nowt, except Twitter. Never mind all those poor little people working in Asda, your pharmacy, your GP, your local A and E, Dave's greengrocer etc. What a bleeping miserable existence it must be when the most important thing that you can think of to talk about is shopping!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She's burning through her "£20" at a rate of knots.

She's going to have to pretend not to shop for food for at least a fortnight.

I'm a spendthrift, I know the signs!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Soft, soft, soft. Why is everything always soft?!
This is the only explanation I can think of - Macerate is derived from the Latin verb macerare, meaning "to soften" or "to steep." That meaning was borrowed into English in 1563. However, the first English use of "macerate" refers to the wasting away of flesh especially by fasting. That use manifested itself in 1547. A few other manifestations sprouted thereafter from the word's figurative branch (e.g., Laurence Sterne (1713-1768) once wrote of "a city so macerated with expectation"); however, those extensions wilted in time. Today, the "steeping" and "soaking" senses of "macerate" saturate culinary articles (as in "macerating fruit in liquor") as well as other writings (scientific ones, for instance: "the food is macerated in the gizzard" or "the wood is macerated in the solution").

We will have to wait for Jack to get back to the 'big girls' library' to find out though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
All she feeds her poor son, according to her, is a daily dose of carcinogenic tit, paired with cheap cheese, and cheap bread. I literally cannot stand what she feeds him. She’s the narc mum from hell.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
It occurs to me that after a solid month of egg consumption her cholesterol must be through the roof. Eggs, eggs and more eggs. Peeyew!
Also I keep seeing warnings on Facebook about batches of eggs that might have salmonella at the moment. I wonder if Jack is checking the 'Which?' updates and checking the batch codes. Jack does seem obsessed with eggs at the moment.

The Coven every time a new egg post is posted:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
"came away with...40p duck eggs" is so deceptive, she makes it found like she found an amazing reduced bargain, not...bought a box at full price. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, why does she use so much cream cheese? (I shan't call it soft cheese) It doesn't really taste of anything. I use it from time to time, but it's in half her dishes lately! Does she really need to add an extra layer of blandness?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You know what is lovely with cream cheese? Pop it on a piece of toast, fresh figs and honey drizzled on top 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I genuinely cannot process how far behind I am, but am time travelling to post this because it made me laugh so hard

"Rejoins moi dans le chaos"

It even looks like Jack the time she had her red clown hair!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is the only explanation I can think of - Macerate is derived from the Latin verb macerare, meaning "to soften" or "to steep." That meaning was borrowed into English in 1563. However, the first English use of "macerate" refers to the wasting away of flesh especially by fasting. That use manifested itself in 1547. A few other manifestations sprouted thereafter from the word's figurative branch (e.g., Laurence Sterne (1713-1768) once wrote of "a city so macerated with expectation"); however, those extensions wilted in time. Today, the "steeping" and "soaking" senses of "macerate" saturate culinary articles (as in "macerating fruit in liquor") as well as other writings (scientific ones, for instance: "the food is macerated in the gizzard" or "the wood is macerated in the solution").

We will have to wait for Jack to get back to the 'big girls' library' to find out though.
I will be a double dick and quote myself, this is the woman who 'discovered' Hansard this year. So scathing, so cutting edge, so educating and campaigning for hunger relief.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Why is she tweeting Allegra? Why is she so obsessed with eggs?

I don’t eat eggs, I’m vegan but even when I wasn’t vegan I wasn’t obsessed with them.

I also don’t know why anyone would make a cold tofu sandwich. I actually can’t think of anything worse. Unless it’s marinated I honestly wouldn’t eat tofu cold ever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Considering the name of this thread, this is really interesting, the comments are growing too. Remember our friend Kirsty?

E54DE7B3-E5BA-49B4-AD34-AC647FFC29C2.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.