Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just realised that "SS" stands for "Screenshot" not " Stacey Solomon". Several posts are making a lot more sense now.

Apologies, Stacey

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
This has started me thinking (against my better judgement) about the Official Jack Timeline and the oft-repeated number of alleged house moves.

The above article (dated January 2014) states she and SB had moved 5 times since SHE LEFT the fire service. Whenever someone in the present day suggests moving (in response to her wailing about her rent) she snaps back that they've already moved 18 times and won't be doing so again (the actual figure may be higher; in January 2018 she told the BBC the official number was 17, and the crappy bungalow makes 18).

So if we're to take this as fact (I'm sure I've just lost most of you, but stay with me), Jack and SB have apparently moved at least 13 times in 6 years. Is this normal for someone who was financially comfortable (by 2014 she'd signed her book deal and was well into her media career) and had a young child in tow? And if they've already moved so many times, would one more (to downsize and save on rent) really make much difference?

NOTHING about her adds up.
She probably classes staying in the hospital whilst giving birth somewhere she has "lived" with SB and any time she's stayed over at her mum and dad's...

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I can’t tell if it’s her fantastic sense of humour or if these are actually tit. Her not bothering to post a recipe is the norm so it’s hard to tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I wouldn't even mind if she called it parmigiana pasta, if she, you know, included some cheese! I wouldn't even care if it wasn't Parmesan cheese! But this is just aubergine pasta sauce.
What she's made is much closer to pasta alla norma, basically a tomato and aubergine sauce. Wonder why she called it parmigiana? Another case of 'that word doesn't mean what you think it does Jack'? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
What she's made is much closer to pasta alla norma, basically a tomato and aubergine sauce. Wonder why she called it parmigiana? Another case of 'that word doesn't mean what you think it does Jack'? 🤔
Yeah as @colouredlines says it seems to only really matter when other people (THAT MAN) appropriates from other cultures, when ol' marginalised white middle class Jack does it, it's just her weird little maverick brain experimenting or something. A totally different thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.