Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how to do the spoiler thing but if someone wants to edit that’s fine.

I agree that she’s bleeping about with ED’ness. Her language is appalling. It’s all frenzied greed and stuffing her facehole. If that’s how she actually thinks about food, she needs help. Either way, projecting her ED insecurities/provocations is really irresponsible.

Don’t even get me started on the portions. When I thought about making the infamous chickpea and peach curry, my mind boggled as to how that could feed four. And an egg isn’t a meal. Difficult to know whether her thinking about portion size is fucked up, or whether it’s her costings driving servings.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Jack “Completed it, mate” the Maverick is out in full force tonight. You sent food to a brother in Helmand? So have I. You made mince pie brownies, so have I, mate. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Can anyone explain to me how spending time with a friend and tweeting days and weeks in a row what stuff (food, perfume...) you like is considered 'work'?

Now duck off, everyone. I am working on an advent calendar that contains butter only.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Isn't there a kind of unwritten rule with military families in that you DON'T publically mention WHERE they are?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Yeah as @colouredlines says it seems to only really matter when other people (THAT MAN) appropriates from other cultures, when ol' marginalised white middle class Jack does it, it's just her weird little maverick brain experimenting or something. A totally different thing!
Well cos she’s in the position to pontificate on race...sit the duck down, shut the duck up 🙃

Reactions: 17
Jesus. My mother, whose main talent was draining every scrap of flavour, texture, seasoning and joy out of any dish and life itself could make perfect doughnuts. Only bothered once, but they were perfect, soft, fluffy, crispy, NOT BURNED and filled to perfection with jam (not custard, which turns out to be how I like them, but still...).

And it really sounds like this has been a drunk cooking evening with the excitement of adding more sugar and heavy, cloying fat to stuff that's already full of sugar and fat with nothing to add a contrasting freshness, lightness or acidity.

It'll be a late start tomorrow, I'll wager.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This has started me thinking (against my better judgement) about the Official Jack Timeline and the oft-repeated number of alleged house moves.

The above article (dated January 2014) states she and SB had moved 5 times since SHE LEFT the fire service. Whenever someone in the present day suggests moving (in response to her wailing about her rent) she snaps back that they've already moved 18 times and won't be doing so again (the actual figure may be higher; in January 2018 she told the BBC the official number was 17, and the crappy bungalow makes 18).

So if we're to take this as fact (I'm sure I've just lost most of you, but stay with me), Jack and SB have apparently moved at least 13 times in 6 years. Is this normal for someone who was financially comfortable (by 2014 she'd signed her book deal and was well into her media career) and had a young child in tow? And if they've already moved so many times, would one more (to downsize and save on rent) really make much difference?

NOTHING about her adds up.
That article I posted was January 2014, she said she wanted to stay in that place for quite sometime...she moved in with Allegra about 2/3 months later. There was a previous blogpost from November 2013 where she had just moved into a new place 🙃 She seems to move an awful lot 😒

Reactions: 14
Is anyone else watching that show where people pretend they’re living in the ice age? Looks like another one of Jack’s top secret consultancy projects, this time they’ve used Louisa’s breakfast bowls & Jack’s tetanus cutlery for authenticity

(soz for tit blurry pic of my TV)

FE4A29E2-EFD6-421C-AC33-0BCBA76AAF56.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Every so often, I have an image in my head of her son gleefully smiling after being given a yellow stickered, plain ham with no mayo sandwich. While Jack and whatever lass she's trying and failing to keep secret stuff their faces with expensive Waitrose cheese.

I expect it from Jack, as she’s a narcissist, but what about this woman?! Surely she must be watching this and feeling disgusted?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.