Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't there supposed to be something about being environmentally aware recently - like, say, not buying a plastic bag of individually wrapped in plastic cheese slices?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I mean, I love cheese in all its formats, including processed slices (but not wensleydale-with-things-in, they're all gross 🤢) but I am an adult making my own choices.

braying about feeding a child mashed up slices with raw flour while enjoying the finest money can buy is plain deplorable.

• Sad
Reactions: 54
View attachment 307187

Sigh. You realise that you *chose* to have a baby. He's not responsible.
she's actually tapped, sorry there's no other way of saying it but she's a bleeping head. still many pages behind so sorry if someone else already has, but print screened her insta bio for the receipts:

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 20.18.47.png

@MancBee thank you for taking the time out to contact them, she's genuinely dangerous and your email was written kindly with vulnerable people in mind, no agenda or malice as I'm sure Jack will try to suggest x

• Heart
Reactions: 61
she's actually tapped, sorry there's no other way of saying it but she's a bleeping head. still many pages behind so sorry if someone else already has, but print screened her insta bio for the receipts:

View attachment 307328

@MancBee thank you for taking the time out to contact them, she's genuinely dangerous and your email was written kindly with vulnerable people in mind, no agenda or malice as I'm sure Jack will try to suggest x
Oh hold on, was it her insta bio which said this all along (the £20/week thing)? Did she ever have it in her twitter bio?

Reactions: 17
aside from the fact that she just needs to GIVE HIM THE GOOD CHEESE FFS, if this is the unorthodox cheese sauce, then that's the quickest she's completed something from the list and earns a 3rd tick.

now, have an updated list Jack everyone

£15 a week lunches
£20 shops as a whole
9 half-written manuscripts
35 recipes from a £20 shop, pick your fave
advent calendar
aged chicken thigh bone stock
base system going in next book
BLM video monetization donation
blog post excited about for ages
book on culinary history
book signing in Belfast
Camp Kitchen from the shed
chestnut fudge thing
chicken livers
Christmas recipes for some reason
comic filter security
Conditions of Bungalow Bubbling lessons
curating regular book recommendations
David Walliams book reviews
dauphinoise pie
depressipes
detailed blog on nutrition
devilled eggs recipe - completed it, mate ✅
gailymail
handing over her platform to poc
healthy on a bootstrap
history of York road market
James Bond conspiracy theory
Klingon gagh recipe
kombucha whisky
lever arch files of fan mail
links to small businesses
lockdown larder 2.0 resumption threatened
militant boiled eggs
onion chopping song
ouchy mouth recipes
patreon update
pistachio milk
postcards, postcards, postcards
poverty memoir
puttanesca soup
recipes for small people
red ephemera soup recipe
repotting spider plants from a friend
rooting out Amazon from website
running around in heels with a Tall Man
sausage and kale slop
Secret Ingredient
setting her teenage musings to music
shopping trolley
sideboard photos reason
sleep hygiene routine
some kind of timetable for SB in lockdown
super secret shopping trip hack
supper nanny
sweet and sour soup
sweet potato caramel
thrifty shades of beige - some sent, ongoing
tomato soup water content - done ✅
translation of a Greek Cypriot cookbook
unorthodox cheese sauce - done ✅
vegan crackling
vegan pie glaze

/SPOILER]
I may have missed it but she was also going to write a book on ethical eating. Mentioned back in Thread #79 but I can’t find the receipts at the mo.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Oh hold on, was it her insta bio which said this all along (the £20/week thing)? Did she ever have it in her twitter bio?
I've not been in real time so may have gotten this wrong but I read it as if she'd updated *both* (probs to put her new aff link in) with it, had revised Twitter after reading valid criticisms here, but hadn't yet revised Insta? I hadn't seen any print screens of Twitter so wanted to grab the Insta one before she changed it x

Also lol at that review "I feel sick" bless the squiggle :( This is the problem, like I can't even laugh at someone that drank cold diluted milky flour because it's really not their fault and they're probably quite vulnerable. Jack's hailed as this demi god saviour of the poorsTM, so if you're struggling you'll look for anything to help make the best of a bad set of circumstances. It's like MLMs but for food, it's not on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I may have missed it but she was also going to write a book on ethical eating. Mentioned back in Thread #79 but I can’t find the receipts at the mo.

this does ring a bell and I could've sworn I had something along these lines but no! 😱

if anyone does have receipts, please let me know! I will trawl nevertheless.

this does ring a bell and I could've sworn I had something along these lines but no!

obviously, twitter yields nothing.🥴

Reactions: 11
this does ring a bell and I could've sworn I had something along these lines but no! 😱

this does ring a bell and I could've sworn I had something along these lines but no!

obviously, twitter yields nothing.🥴
Here ya go

IMG_20201111_205126.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

How I imagine Jack when SB asks for dinner. As she blends the plastic cheese and flour while she snacks on mussels and asparagus...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
has she ever even taken SB on holiday? Doesn't seem like it from all the trips she's documented on social media.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.