Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a note re the cheese slices, I had some once that had about a years date on them 😕. They last for aaaaaggges. And she blatantly wasn't making a light hearted joke about the sauce, she even referred to it as "kid friendly" 🙄

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
If something has already been commissioned, in book parlance does that mean she’s been paid some kind of retainer? Or advance or whatever?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know I'm late to the party but that sandwich mix looked rank. I do not believe that SB was excited about it. :sick:
The world she used was "wild" which I'm sure she hopes we'll take to mean excited but he could have staged a roof top protest or ripped a sideboard apart with his bare hands for all we know.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
has she ever even taken SB on holiday? Doesn't seem like it from all the trips she's documented on social media.
Erm I think you’ll find she took a photo of a super car outside her aparthotel in her second home Edinburgh for him 🥴

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
it's actually shocking how badly she feeds her son. Also the whole 'i sacrificed my pelvic muscles etc' thing is kind of a mum joke with younger kids isn't it? It wouldn't ever occur to me to speak about my 10 year old in that way. I actually find it quite uncomfortable and a bit disturbing that she infantilises him refuses to see him as his own person but rather something she made and he should be grateful for that. More narc alarm bells!

Tonight i made homemade chapatis to be eaten with dal, there was one extra which of course went to my daughter. When she's well fed, i feel good. That poor bleeping kid.
There's something of an 'you owe me' mentality there. 'Look what I've done for you'. SB didn't ask to be born.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
has she ever even taken SB on holiday? Doesn't seem like it from all the trips she's documented on social media.
It’s something that really really bothers me - she’s never taken him away. All her holidays have been documented (she’s never been on holiday though, obvs). They do not include her son. None of them.

The world she used was "wild" which I'm sure she hopes we'll take to mean excited but he could have staged a roof top protest or ripped a sideboard apart with his bare hands for all we know.
He probably did go wild....

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I fully admit I am a bit fragile atm due to pandemic, job stress, etc, but I just was suddenly struck with a feeling of real sadness for that squiggle who made her cheese sauce and felt sick afterwards :cry:

She doesn't GAF who she harms.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Oh i hate when Jack starts being horrible about her son it feels so dark. Here's another cringey video of her singing with billy bragg to lighten the mood

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I fully admit I am a bit fragile atm due to pandemic, job stress, etc, but I just was suddenly struck with a feeling of real sadness for that squiggle who made her cheese sauce and felt sick afterwards :cry:

She doesn't GAF who she harms.
No one who knew the cooking basics would go near that recipe. It’s liquid raw pastry FFS. Now the poor squiggle probably feels that they have tit skills, rather than it being a tit recipe. Way to destroy someone’s confidence, Jack.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
What about the book she claimed to be writing around BLM protests in June ?
I'm so confused about her book schedule! She's writing two at the moment and the second one is about being an ethical consumer? I just looked at her twitter bio AGAIN and she's taken out which books she's working on, dammit. I think it was book 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? Am CONFUSE!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'm so confused about her book schedule! She's writing two at the moment and the second one is about being an ethical consumer? I just looked at her twitter bio AGAIN and she's taken out which books she's working on, dammit. I think it was book 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? Am CONFUSE!
well it's certainly very telling that she's taken it out of her bio!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Incygrunking so sorry if this has already been said but LOOOK AT ALL THAT NIVEA.... thought she was on the beg a bit ago for face cream????? And AFAIK she was donated waleda and something else but not nivea????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Oh i hate when Jack starts being horrible about her son it feels so dark. Here's another cringey video of her singing with billy bragg to lighten the mood

LOL but also I just checked and I've been wrong before but it seems that she and Billy don't actually follow each other on twitter. Bit of a pattern here! Jack just completely alienating everyone she's ever been in physical contact with.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
B
Book 8.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.