Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A block of Asda mature or extra mature cheddar is £2.

Not claiming it's the finest cheese in the world, but it's perfectly fine for a variety of uses, and the extra mature would go a longer way in a cheese sauce, as it's stronger. £2 (like you spent on a parcel of sweets for a stranger to get likes on Twitter), and your child wouldn't have to eat tit processed cheese slices.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
View attachment 307180

No, Jack, not one of us would like a job where we could work from home (even outside of a pandemic), be invited to spout our uninformed opinions on TV and radio, be excused by publishers, producers and fans alike for being an unprepared shitshow even with a decade of experience, be paid handsomely to write books on a topic we purport to love, claim burnout from having to go to the Post Office occasionally or list tweeting a load of bollocks as legitimate work. There are people up and down the country losing jobs and livelihoods, but sure Jack, nooooobody would want the weight of your blessed existence on their shoulders 🙄.

So many people would KILL for a job where they could do the school run every day, be around for their kid as they sit doing their homework, not have to be rinsed for a season ticket for the commute, and all to be paid so much you lived in a beautiful (RENTED) detached home full of designer furniture, clothes and cookware. So many more talented and hardworking people are denied this because they’re not the social-climbing, shameless grift that she is. Not only is she a vile liar, she’s also an ungrateful one.
If Jack is up for a career swap I'm game. If she'd like to spend say three months managing a caseload of long term unemployed and vulnerable clients within a service that's been cut to ribbons all she need do is ask. It's quite rewarding sometimes but can be a depressing, frustrating headfuck too and I'm sure once my clients hear what Jack has suffered in life it'll put their problems into perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
View attachment 307187

Sigh. You realise that you *chose* to have a baby. He's not responsible.

aside from the fact that she just needs to GIVE HIM THE GOOD CHEESE FFS, if this is the unorthodox cheese sauce, then that's the quickest she's completed something from the list and earns a 3rd tick.

now, have an updated list Jack everyone

£15 a week lunches
£20 shops as a whole
9 half-written manuscripts
35 recipes from a £20 shop, pick your fave
advent calendar
aged chicken thigh bone stock
base system going in next book
BLM video monetization donation
blog post excited about for ages
book on culinary history
book signing in Belfast
Camp Kitchen from the shed
chestnut fudge thing
chicken livers
Christmas recipes for some reason
comic filter security
Conditions of Bungalow Bubbling lessons
curating regular book recommendations
David Walliams book reviews
dauphinoise pie
depressipes
detailed blog on nutrition
devilled eggs recipe - completed it, mate ✅
gailymail
handing over her platform to poc
healthy on a bootstrap
history of York road market
James Bond conspiracy theory
Klingon gagh recipe
kombucha whisky
lever arch files of fan mail
links to small businesses
lockdown larder 2.0 resumption threatened
militant boiled eggs
onion chopping song
ouchy mouth recipes
patreon update
pistachio milk
postcards, postcards, postcards
poverty memoir
puttanesca soup
recipes for small people
red ephemera soup recipe
repotting spider plants from a friend
rooting out Amazon from website
running around in heels with a Tall Man
sausage and kale slop
Secret Ingredient
setting her teenage musings to music
shopping trolley
sideboard photos reason
sleep hygiene routine
some kind of timetable for SB in lockdown
super secret shopping trip hack
supper nanny
sweet and sour soup
sweet potato caramel
thrifty shades of beige - some sent, ongoing
tomato soup water content - done ✅
translation of a Greek Cypriot cookbook
unorthodox cheese sauce - done ✅
vegan crackling
vegan pie glaze

/SPOILER]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Squiggle has now apologised and will probably be subject to some horrible remarks from the Jackolytes. All because she said she disagrees and would rather feed her children good food.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
View attachment 307194wasnt a joke though...she actually fed him this instead of the good tit 🤣
FGS you vile bullies, let her laugh about the cheap food she feeds her son while she feasts on the finest money can buy! It's really funny to joke about food like that and to play act at poverty when it comes to your child's meals. Never worry about the parents who don't have any options about what to feed their kids.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The message has been sent to Trussell Trust. I thought it best not to mention Jack by name. I pointed out that a person with close links to them is advocating a £20 shop for 2 adults and one child for a week. Gave them enough information for them to be sure of who I am referring to, but said that if they wanted me to be explicit I would do so.

I went into detail about my experiences of poverty and of my voluntary work with local charities. I also mentioned how this undermined the good work that they, and our, charities are doing to raise awareness. I asked them to use their Nationwide profile to publicly refute this and to investigate the dangerously low nutritional values of the meals that are being advocated.

I suggested they might not wish to name this person but that they could give out more general information that opposes and disputes this dangerous and misleading message. I also suggested they should distance themselves from someone advocating such alarming, unhealthy, and unsafe very low-calorie meals devoid of nutritional value.

I wrote a bit more, but that is the gist of it. I will let you know their response.
The message has been sent to Trussell Trust. I thought it best not to mention Jack by name. I pointed out that a person with close links to them is advocating a £20 shop for 2 adults and one child for a week. Gave them enough information for them to be sure of who I am referring to, but said that if they wanted me to be explicit I would do so.
Thanks for taking the time to contact them
I went into detail about my experiences of poverty and of my voluntary work with local charities. I also mentioned how this undermined the good work that they, and our, charities are doing to raise awareness. I asked them to use their Nationwide profile to publicly refute this and to investigate the dangerously low nutritional values of the meals that are being advocated.

I suggested they might not wish to name this person but that they could give out more general information that opposes and disputes this dangerous and misleading message. I also suggested they should distance themselves from someone advocating such alarming, unhealthy, and unsafe very low-calorie meals devoid of nutritional value.

I wrote a bit more, but that is the gist of it. I will let you know their response.
Thanks for taking the time to contact them. 🤞that they will investigate and take action 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 28
View attachment 307194wasnt a joke though...she actually fed him this instead of the good tit 🤣
Just like she tweets about feeding him the eyelid sausages, the botulism salad, the cooking bacon, etc etc - all the stuff she wouldn't dream of eating herself, she gives to her son. But ofc anyone who points that out is just *gaslighting* her.

She bought Asda SmartPrice singles on 20th September. Can't see any since then.
tbf, that tit is so full of preservatives it would probably last a nuclear winter.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
If SB hasn't launched a blog entitled Mommie Dearest to document these horror meals by his 15th birthday I will prepare and consume a bucket of salad bag pesto without complaint.

I am now imagining Jack racing around the crappy bungalow screaming "NO SOLID FOOD".

• Haha
Reactions: 25
You vile witch. So bleeping ungrateful for her blessing of a son. This totally non maternal tit off her is so triggering. Get in the bleeping skip you selfish bleep.
Oh love, I'm so sorry it's triggering you. She's such a prick. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.