Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thank you both ❤ it's going on, truly thought it already was like !

I'm so confused about her book schedule! She's writing two at the moment and the second one is about being an ethical consumer? I just looked at her twitter bio AGAIN and she's taken out which books she's working on, dammit. I think it was book 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? Am CONFUSE!
you're telling me! I have no idea what's going on anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Long time Tattle lurker and a new and very keen JM thread reader. You guys are hilarious and I love you all!

I had to join to ask what the hell is going on with the spoon (?) in the cheese slice sauce picture? Did she personally dredge it out of a canal? 🤢

💐💐💐 to the posters who have recently shared the experiences of their mum living in poverty whilst her mum swanned around, and the poster who is going through/been through heartbreaking infertility. I felt for you both when I read your messages. 💐

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Oh i hate when Jack starts being horrible about her son it feels so dark. Here's another cringey video of her singing with billy bragg to lighten the mood

Also I'm sorry I love Tracy Chapman A LOT but how the duck can you not know 'The Times they are A-Changin' is a Bob Dylan song? #musicianJack

• Haha
Reactions: 33
View attachment 306805
Commence ego inflation.

*puts Professor hat on*

In this era we see traditional shades of what some may call ‘Saint Jack’, some scholars are divided on whether this also encompasses echoes of ‘Eco Jack’, however the two have often been argued to co-exist.

Time will tell if ‘Persecuted Jack’ will appear when the promises go unfulfilled.
I’m still way behind and I apologise if someone has said this in real time...but I can’t believe she spelt thankyou wrong 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I'm still baffled she doesn't think normal cheese sauce isn't kid friendly? It's a basic, filling and safe option when feeding whichever children are having playdates with my boys. Mac n cheese is kid food.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm so confused about her book schedule! She's writing two at the moment and the second one is about being an ethical consumer? I just looked at her twitter bio AGAIN and she's taken out which books she's working on, dammit. I think it was book 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? Am CONFUSE!

Book 7 = pov book
Book 8 = "huge budget bible" (cookbook)
Book 9 = ethical budget shopping

I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Cackling at the idea of her thinking she's got the credentials to write a book about being an ethical consumer. The environmentally friendly ethical Jack incarnation is so hollow and transparent you could use her to show off your plastic cotton buds. What about the environmental impact of running three freezers? Buying all your fruit and veg in plastic bags? Individually packaged maize snacks inside more packaging? Chicken breasts with water added and bollock and eyelid sausages are hardly likely to be ethically sourced either.

Personally can't wait for her to shed this skin and become the next Jack of the moment. I'm hoping for glass-blowing Jack. Maybe basket-weaving. Something inoffensive and actually productive.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
She loses her temper when anyone comments that something she's tweeted about isn't ethically sourced/plastic free/whatever so between that and her general, eh, output, it's difficult to imagine her writing an ethical consumer book that's properly researched unless it's a Veganish style nod to the lifestyle cash grab.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
One of the first things I could “cook” for myself as a kid was a recipe passed via whispers round the playground. Two plastic cheese slices and half a tin of beans. Make layers of beans, cheese, beans, cheese in a bowl. Microwave and keep stopping to stir until it’s a perfect cheesey-bean dip for a few rounds of toast.

Cheap, some nutritional value, and miles tastier I’d bet than Jack’s maverick sauce.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No one who knew the cooking basics would go near that recipe. It’s liquid raw pastry FFS. Now the poor squiggle probably feels that they have tit skills, rather than it being a tit recipe. Way to destroy someone’s confidence, Jack.
And still, the blue tickers in her 'followers' who can actually cook or know about food say NOTHING.
Complicit.

Reactions: 24
Cackling at the idea of her thinking she's got the credentials to write a book about being an ethical consumer. The environmentally friendly ethical Jack incarnation is so hollow and transparent you could use her to show off your plastic cotton buds. What about the environmental impact of running three freezers? Buying all your fruit and veg in plastic bags? Individually packaged maize snacks inside more packaging? Chicken breasts with water added and bollock and eyelid sausages are hardly likely to be ethically sourced either.

Personally can't wait for her to shed this skin and become the next Jack of the moment. I'm hoping for glass-blowing Jack. Maybe basket-weaving. Something inoffensive and actually productive.
The only thing she can blow is smoke up her own arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
oh yeah! I mean in a lame way. she is extremely lame.
I may be projecting my own upbringing onto her but I just ASSUMED that if you were even remotely politically aware you'd know about Dylan pretty much from the outset? Like, if you were interested in protest songs and all that. Obviously Jack is military around the edges and considers herself radical for toying with the lib dems and WEP and English Greens, whilst simultaneously creating anti-Scottish independence sockpuppet accounts and being semi-vocal against Corbyn, but REALLY. The lack of Dylan knowledge speaks volumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm still lightly seething at "severed abdominal muscles" in the comment about her son. What a ridiculous and potentially upsetting thing to say when he's, what, ten now?
C-section cuts, like all surgery cuts, are meticulously planned to ensure minimal long-term damage and proper healing.
Even in emergency situations you're going to get people who've dedicated their career to not messing up women's bodies.
They're always coming up with new ways to improve the experience/situation for mums.
Implying that her abs are flapping about in there like that bleeping fish toy she liked so much is disingenuous to say the least.

ETA this quote:
When a C-section is performed the fascia is cut horizontally, this is a layer of soft, flexible connective tissue that acts as a sheath over these muscles. Then the abdominal rectus muscles are separated from one another and moved to the side. These muscles are very rarely cut, and if they are they are usually put back together. According to Dr. Kent Snowden, within six weeks, the fascia usually claims back 90% of its original strength; within a year, it recovers fully. More or less, within a year of having a c-section, your body is back to normal

Although I have not had kids I have had my midsection sliced into a few times and, because I'm just a regular person I suppose, I used Bio Oil, did my physio and didn't blame anyone whilst my muscles healed up nicely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
20201111_225002.jpg

From her "risotto" recipe. She genuinely knows nothing about cooking. It's baffling. After so many years, cookbooks, Allegra...she actually has less cooking knowledge than a randomer in the street.

PS the ladle affiliate link is pure lol. Grifters gotta grift...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.