Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is she still shops with them. The cat mask, the fish thing. She’s projecting virtue on to her followers but still using them to get silly distraction things in less than 24 hours.
E922DE6D-7BAC-4A92-A6C1-39DBB2C26CD5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
@kachoochoo add to the list please :ROFLMAO:

Edit. Damn you're FAST
Add rooting Amazon out of her website to the list please @kachoochoo

ETA squiggle has used the word “pernicious” in a reply. Bets please on how quickly she uses it in a tweet later today 👀.

done and done. i'm only at work, it's not like i've got anything better to do than keep record of a stranger's to do list :D. was gonna put a heart in this reply, but she's used 5 of them in the last 4 tweets. 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
68D3098B-EC5B-43E2-BA96-5AE73982D011.jpeg

Commence ego inflation.

What Jack era are we in now?
*puts Professor hat on*

In this era we see traditional shades of what some may call ‘Saint Jack’, some scholars are divided on whether this also encompasses echoes of ‘Eco Jack’, however the two have often been argued to co-exist.

Time will tell if ‘Persecuted Jack’ will appear when the promises go unfulfilled.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
View attachment 306805
Commence ego inflation.

*puts Professor hat on*

In this era we see traditional shades of what some may call ‘Saint Jack’, some scholars are divided on whether this also encompasses echoes of ‘Eco Jack’, however the two have often been argued to co-exist.

Time will tell if ‘Persecuted Jack’ will appear when the promises go unfulfilled.
That’s some personal growth, separation of thank and you. Way to go Jack! 🥳🥳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
That’s some personal growth, separation of thank and you. Way to go Jack! 🥳🥳
She did that a week ago but then went back to writing it as one word.

Seriously, she spends all day on Tattle and still writes it as two words 😫

Jack, it's THANK YOU. Thank and you. Thank you. JFC.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
681B07D0-BF22-49A3-A648-933D00716228.png
Fraus it is done, the PBJ granola with #nofilter photo. Also thanks Vlad for the reassurance it would work.
I was meant to make it yesterday I scampered around the kitchen but we had run out of jam, I fell to the floor crying. Alas I needed to do a shop today and hunted out the cheapest of cheap jam 26p this was my first mistake. It tastes rank.
I made it to the recipe but used a saucepan as I don’t have a microwave. It’s seems a lot of faff so I did the jam batch the. Spread it out on a tray followed by the pb batch on the same tray.
The recipe says 15–20 mins I gave up after 42 mins and took it out the oven. I panicked as I had no pallet knife so used a spoon.
Overall review
Ease 3/10 too much to wash up
Taste 1/10 cheap jam is rank just tasted of chemicals
Overall 2/10 would not make again
Now to add dried fruit and other bits to try and redeem it.

it was not the worst granola I have ever made but.... I was an ‘oil free’ vegan who used to make granola using apple juice so the bar is not very high.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Her Instagram bio! Does that 20 pounds include the 15 pound a kg cheese one of the three bought from Waitrose the other day.

Oh and who would pay 18.99 for her 120 recipes book on Bookseller when it's approx a fiver elsewhere?!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I even think her use of social media could be a tool for her to address this, stop lying, act professional, and maintain her work/ability to bring in income.

She could do a mea culpa on grounds of “I got really sucked into the social media life and felt like I constantly needed to express X or Y exaggerated persona. I started not to recognise myself. It resulted in a kind of breakdown. I want to set the record straight and start afresh, focusing on causes that are close to my heart such as poverty and ensuring people have cooking skills required to keep themselves healthy during times of hardship”

Could be so simple.
except the only cause close to her heart is more money for Jack.

Reactions: 28
Thing is she still shops with them. The cat mask, the fish thing. She’s projecting virtue on to her followers but still using them to get silly distraction things in less than 24 hours. View attachment 306799
So ditching Amazon is going to be "a massive, massive job that will take several months of hard work"? Talk about exaggerate 🙄. Goes on like she's building a village or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
£20 a week for three people!*

*Herb garden, fruit trees, bubble buddy treats and full larder only included if you're not in real poverty

• Angry
Reactions: 55
Off topic ( 🤭 ) but look at what Kirsty Strickland has just tweeted:

This is a great article. Really interesting, thanks!

Wright says that the signs of a scam are genuinely unique to each case, but there are some general tells. When someone is blogging about a legitimate illness, she notes — even in the most extreme cases — there are days of tedium: lying on the couch binge-watching Netflix or sitting on the porch, a weary face turned to the sun. “Constant drama is a big red flag,” she says. “[In legitimate illnesses,] every day is not this big dramatic roller coaster, where you have a bone marrow transplant one day and the next day your cousin dies in a car crash and the next day the dog runs away and the house burns down. With the scammers, every day is sweeps week.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Thing is she still shops with them. The cat mask, the fish thing. She’s projecting virtue on to her followers but still using them to get silly distraction things in less than 24 hours. View attachment 306799
What are the chances that she also removes 'bestseller' from her bio, too, seeing as it's on Amazon and Amazon alone that she there is found such obscure bestseller sub-categories that make such a ridiculous claim possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.