Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her Instagram bio! Does that 20 pounds include the 15 pound a kg cheese one of the three bought from Waitrose the other day.

Oh and who would pay 18.99 for her 120 recipes book on Bookseller when it's approx a fiver elsewhere?!
I am bleeping FEWWWWWWMING at her having that barefaced £20 to feed 3 BULLSHIT in her bio. Disingenuous, dangerous bleeping witch. I'm going to get in touch with the Trussell Trust and make them aware of the damage she is doing with these lies. Argfghhhh she is VILE. Never been made so angry by someone I have never met.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
FRAU!!!!!!!! A super interesting turn of events. I've been blocked on Twitter! I wasn't yesterday morning! Yesterday afternoon, someone I follow on Twitter asked why soap was trending. I replied that I thought it may be due to a well known grifter asking about soap. The person said 'ah yes, I think I know who you mean, would the soap serve 4?' and I said yes. Someone who follows us mutually said 'do they have a Patreon?' and I said 'yes, and a tip jar, and poor people are donating to it'. That was more or less it. No name mentioned, not even just first name, no tagging in. (I don't think this was breaking any Tattle rules?). There's a lot of work gone in to triangulating me from that.

So much for that lengthy post about not letting people get to you.
@Fruitjack I confess to engaging in a brief 🔺. If I've identified you correctly didn't you get a little in her niche by (perfectly reasonably) advising a squiggle on Letdown Larder some while back? This may have put you on her radar. A vindictive spirit could account for the rest of the story....

Apologies if the 🔺 is too much, and very willing to delete if asked.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A pedant writes: The yeast she links to from the recipe itself is the standard dried variety. I have always understood that one would use somewhat more of that than one would of the easy blend (sachet) variety.
A pedant adds: But NOT half as much again!
I haven't clicked on her link. My measurements were like for like. Fast action yeast from a sachet is the same as fast action yeast from a tin.

Fast action yeast is the same as easy bake yeast.

(You double the amout of yeast if you use fresh/live yeast).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I haven't clicked on her link. My measurements were like for like. Fast action yeast from a sachet is the same as fast action yeast from a tin.

Her link was to this one:
1605107809300.png
rather than the easy bake one which (as you say) is the same thing in tin or sachet.

Reactions: 11
I'm going to get in touch with the Trussell Trust and make them aware of the damage she is doing with these lies.
I will do the same. If enough of us do so it will without doubt make them look into it. Do you think an email, or would a letter be taken more seriously?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Who the duck would spend 15-20 quid on one of those books, genuine question, who buys these things?? It's mystifying. 17.65 for the most expensive one, nearly 20 quid, for just awful food and terrible writing. People are mad, completely bonkers..

Reactions: 30
I'm just looking forward to the chaos she's going to do to distract from Kirsty's tweet.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
£20 a week for three people!*

*Herb garden, fruit trees, bubble buddy treats and full larder only included if you're not in real poverty
Yes these 20 pound shops are really useful for those who struggle most - as long as your parents have an established vineyard and several orchards

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

I bake a fair bit and use both normal dried yeast and fast action dried. I use the same amounts whatever one I'm using, just the normal one gets activated first in warm water. I go by the general rule of 7g of yeast to around 500g of flour in a recipe. Not three times that amount 😬

Reactions: 19
I will do the same. If enough of us do so it will without doubt make them look into it. Do you think an email, or would a letter be taken more seriously?
I would say email. No need to be putting ourselves and our post workers out during lockdown. Of course email is the modern way and cannot get lost or forgotten about so it has its benefits. Not that I’m much of a “complainer” but I have an email I use for complaints, contacting local MP, signing petitions. I call it my “activist” email. It keeps the important stuff separate from the 50 million CBD emails and “your statement has arrived” crap I get in my main account.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Haha if I remember correctly Ava made a funny dismissive comment about Jack a while ago. Nothing nasty basically just like “not interested, don’t care”. I like Ava because she’s her own person and doesn’t suck up to people and isn’t afraid to go after people with bigger followings than her. So basically the opposite of jack. She’s actually someone who might call her out but she’s not one bit interested in Kack and I don’t blame her

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.