Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a great article. Really interesting, thanks!

Wright says that the signs of a scam are genuinely unique to each case, but there are some general tells. When someone is blogging about a legitimate illness, she notes — even in the most extreme cases — there are days of tedium: lying on the couch binge-watching Netflix or sitting on the porch, a weary face turned to the sun. “Constant drama is a big red flag,” she says. “[In legitimate illnesses,] every day is not this big dramatic roller coaster, where you have a bone marrow transplant one day and the next day your cousin dies in a car crash and the next day the dog runs away and the house burns down. With the scammers, every day is sweeps week.”
It's a great piece that really rings true. It's interesting that the article identifies those running these scams and being taken in by them as mostly women. Seems like the people calling out the scams are mostly (not all!) women also. And what happens? They get called vile bullies, jealous, etc.

Not misogynistic at all, oh no.

Reactions: 49
£20 a week for three people!*

*Herb garden, fruit trees, bubble buddy treats and full larder only included if you're not in real poverty
Don’t forget the milkman who is delivering at least milk and orange juice, and the Ocado delivery’s

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Thing is she still shops with them. The cat mask, the fish thing. She’s projecting virtue on to her followers but still using them to get silly distraction things in less than 24 hours. View attachment 306799
Why does it have to be affiliated. Why can't she just take a normal cut like everyone else. She is sooo greedy. I haven't seen Jo or nigella take affiliated links.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She’s actually disgusting. Sorry. I have no issues with people who eat meat. I have a major issue with people who make money from writing vegan cook books and then salivate over pigs in blankets flavoured mayo.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
She’s actually disgusting. Sorry. I have no issues with people who eat meat. I have a major issue with people who make money from writing vegan cook books and then salivate over pigs in blankets flavoured mayo.
I must admit that, as a vegetarian, I love bacon-flavoured crisps as they give me the missed bacon hit but without any animal constituents. Still waiting for a black pudding replacement that isn't as dry as dust though.

Reactions: 19
Two sachets yeast = 14g
Two tablespoons yeast = 22g

Bellend.
A pedant writes: The yeast she links to from the recipe itself is the standard dried variety. I have always understood that one would use somewhat more of that than one would of the easy blend (sachet) variety.
A pedant adds: But NOT half as much again!

Reactions: 13
My issue isn’t with her liking animal flavours. It’s her making cash from writing vegan cook books. There are chicken flavoured crisps that are vegan for example. But she not vegan. She’s not even vegetarian. She’s not even pescatarian.

She said that she can no longer be vegan due to her health. Why not admit she just likes meat and be done with it.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.