Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wish she'd realise it's her constant lying that gets folks backs up. It's like the whole vegan performance, if she'd just said she was cutting back on meat and had developed an interest in vegan cooking, no one bar the lunatic fringe of the online vegan movement would have cared. Similarly with her pescatarian body building lies, why can't she just say her diet is mostly pescatarian but she still eats meat from time to time? Even the whole poverty performance is mainly bollocks but it didn't have to be -she could have just said she had to cut back drastically when she was on benefits but although she's doing better now she has retained an interest in economy cooking because advice like that would have helped her when she was skint. There was a lot of goodwill towards her in the beginning, it's her lying and relentless tacky drama that have turned people against her. Instead of buying sideboards and making a total prick of herself she'd be better using her money to sit down with a professional and work out why she is so hellbent on sabotaging every last one of the many, many opportunities she's been given. Her begging and whining about money now is her just throwing a tantrum because she's not rich and can't be arsed putting the work in to become better off.
I even think her use of social media could be a tool for her to address this, stop lying, act professional, and maintain her work/ability to bring in income.

She could do a mea culpa on grounds of “I got really sucked into the social media life and felt like I constantly needed to express X or Y exaggerated persona. I started not to recognise myself. It resulted in a kind of breakdown. I want to set the record straight and start afresh, focusing on causes that are close to my heart such as poverty and ensuring people have cooking skills required to keep themselves healthy during times of hardship”

Could be so simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
So many alarm bells went off when she tweeted all that crap about SB walking home from school. He wanted to walk with his friends and she told him it's not safe because of her fame! How is that healthy for a child just beginning to gain independence, especially as it's such an unwarranted fear and if she was actually concerned then she wouldn't share any photos of his face? Also I know that story was probably bullshit but the fact that she doesn't see anything wrong with it is alarming.

Poor SB will be posting on r/raisedbynarcissists in a few years time.
Fair enough to have a 'my baby's growing up' moment to herself but surely, if he's in danger because of her only-in-her-head 'fame' (🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣), it would be safer to walk without her where no one knows who he is?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That's actually creepy that she's going to such efforts? She must be stalking all over the place. And she thinks we are obsessed? 🙄
Given that she blocked me about a month ago for quite literally, no reason (I think I may have replied to one of her posts about the kitten, although I didn’t say anything nasty 🔺) it wouldn’t surprise me if she was just randomly blocking people. It’s a good thing she did, otherwise I wouldn’t have found this thread, and I’d still be trying to follow her terrible recipes and wondering why I can never get curry right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
You need to get to A&E stat. Just from reading your account I suspect your temperature is 37c
Also send A&E a pic of yourself wrapped in the fitted sheet just with the ouchy mouth sticking out, gives it a bit of a Little Shop of Horrors Audrey II look as a Frau recently brought this image up to my utter delight.
If the mouth does not evoke enough pity, just rub some fresh chili in, that always does the trick for me to fill my tip jar.

On another note, I think that fitted sheets have been designed to go out and get you. Changing them is the household task I loathe most.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
See 😫 Absolutely no need for two tablespoons of yeast ever 😫 She doesn't understand yeast. Or bread. Not a bleeping clue. 😫 😂😭
I once over did the yeast in some bread. Won't make that mistake again the bread was like lead and tasted like death.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I bet you so. Birds of a feather...

I’m mahoooosively behind so I’m having a Grunk on my lunch break - or Grunching as I like to call it. She’s a piece of work. That’s twice in a week she’s said her ‘Bubble Buddy’ (🤮) is all upset because of meanies on Twitter who don’t want them to have nice things. What?! I don’t for a second believe it’s true but she seems to have hundreds of followers who do. Should we campaign for anyone wishing to be on/engage in/have a profile on Twitter to have to go on an awareness course?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I do sometimes wonder what damage we're doing to ourselves by waking up to a brainful of JM's nonsense each morning. 🤣

Any Red Dwarf fans in the thread? Here's an exerpt from one of the books (expanded from an episode):

In fact, it was now possible for Rimmer to revise solidly for three months and not learn anything at all.

The first week of study, he would always devote to the construction of a revision timetable. Weeks of patient effort would be spent planning, designing and creating a revision schedule which, when finished, were minor works of art.

Every hour of every day was subdivided into different study periods, each labelled in his lovely, tiny copperplate hand; then painted over in watercolours, a different colour for each subject, the colours gradually becoming bolder and more urgent shades as the exam time approached. The effect was as if a myriad tiny rainbows had splintered and sprinkled across the poster-sized sheet of creamwove card.

The only problem was this: because the timetables often took seven or eight weeks, and sometimes more, to complete, by the time Rimmer had finished them the exam was almost on him. He'd then have to cram three months of astronavigation revision into a single week. Gripped by an almost deranging panic, he'd then decide to sacrifice the first two days of that final week to the making of another timetable. This time for someone who had to pack three months of revision into five days.

Because five days now had to accommodate three months' work, the first thing that had to go was sleep. To prepare for an unrelenting twenty-four hours a day sleep-free schedule, Rimmer would spend the whole of the first remaining day in bed - to be extra, ultra fresh, so he would be able to squeeze three whole months of revision into four short days.

I think of it every time JM's charts come up.
I've often thought that our hack was a real life version of rimmer with all her charts abd timetables

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Please let's not start this all again! Giving your child unappetizing meals is not grounds for losing custody.
1 plenty of people have had parents who were rubbish cooks and turned out okay. 2 sb clearly not malnourished 3 mental health issues are not and should not be a reason for losing custody of a child. 4 we all know jack's social media is not a reliable indicator of what food is coming into the house and what's actually being eaten
Totally agree. Jack's parenting may sometimes come over as a bit tit on social media, but I think she is lying about a lot of stuff. And even if she wasn't she is very high above the bar for losng her child. Plus at 10 years old her son's views would be taken very much in to account.

Also lots of people with metal heath issues parent successfully

There is very little I say on support of Jack, but I honestly don't think she is a bad parent.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I bet you so. Birds of a feather...

I’m mahoooosively behind so I’m having a Grunk on my lunch break - or Grunching as I like to call it. She’s a piece of work. That’s twice in a week she’s said her ‘Bubble Buddy’ (🤮) is all upset because of meanies on Twitter who don’t want them to have nice things. What?! I don’t for a second believe it’s true but she seems to have hundreds of followers who do. Should we campaign for anyone wishing to be on/engage in/have a profile on Twitter to have to go on an awareness course?
BB should also stay off here then. Like was said earlier no one cares what she has if she doesn't play it down. Just say BB buys stuff and it's not included in her 20 pound budget. Because she is with me we are sharing the food budget.

Again I don't get it. Fair enough paying your way and all that but I would never ask someone to stay with me and expect them to pay for food. They could share my food and buy any extras they wanted. I saw yesterday she was about joint kitties. I'm sure she could spare BB a bit or milk and bread. Jeez.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.