Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given that she blocked me about a month ago for quite literally, no reason (I think I may have replied to one of her posts about the kitten, although I didn’t say anything nasty 🔺) it wouldn’t surprise me if she was just randomly blocking people. It’s a good thing she did, otherwise I wouldn’t have found this thread, and I’d still be trying to follow her terrible recipes and wondering why I can never get curry right.
I think she's probably using imported block lists - she'll have updated or refreshed them and a few fraus will have been added for completely non-Jack-related reasons.

Reactions: 18
Her admin is on bleeping furlough!!!! That is such a piss take what the duck!! Am I imagining that this is a piss take? Am I horrible?! What on earth is her level of work for Jack that she can’t fit it in whilst being at home, if shielding or caring or?? I know some people have no choice but to be furloughed because there’s no work, like retail staff etc and that’s totally fair and completely understandable. But surely the very nature of her admin role was remote in the first place? If she’s unwell then she needs to apply fir the appropriate support. What a bleeping joke!!

Reactions: 27
A lot can happen in a week, but was it last Weds where Jack sent off the postcards to her Patreons, along with some nostalgic chocolate and monster munch to Australia? Wonder if we will get this week's instalment? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m a member of a Facebook group which is about the village I grew up in, covering residents past and present.
There was some poster who persistently would put photos of say Pears soap and those beaded 70s handbags, with a caption just saying “WHO MINDS O THESE??” They got worse at nights over the weekend.
They got ignored and eventually booted from the page. Why are people engaging with her??!
Isn't nostalgia for lazy engagement so bloody irritating? 'ooh who remembers Opal Fruits before they were Starburst?' Cue a billion tedious recollections that the OP never actually reads.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Can we just get a ‘sure Jan’ gif billboard plonked in front of her house? Maybe we can borrow a screen from Piccadilly Circus 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 21
FRAU!!!!!!!! A super interesting turn of events. I've been blocked on Twitter! I wasn't yesterday morning! Yesterday afternoon, someone I follow on Twitter asked why soap was trending. I replied that I thought it may be due to a well known grifter asking about soap. The person said 'ah yes, I think I know who you mean, would the soap serve 4?' and I said yes. Someone who follows us mutually said 'do they have a Patreon?' and I said 'yes, and a tip jar, and poor people are donating to it'. That was more or less it. No name mentioned, not even just first name, no tagging in. (I don't think this was breaking any Tattle rules?). There's a lot of work gone in to triangulating me from that.

So much for that lengthy post about not letting people get to you.
Laughing at would the soap serve 4?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Add rooting Amazon out of her website to the list please @kachoochoo

ETA squiggle has used the word “pernicious” in a reply. Bets please on how quickly she uses it in a tweet later today 👀.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I had 2 hard copy books I wanted to buy last week; for novels I use my Kindle as my house is so SMALL. I really want to use Amazon less so I had a look at this site. The books were £8 more, took a week longer to come, and the independent shops got £3. So I can see why people may be reluctant to use them. I ended using HIVE where they took a few days longer and were 48p more; they are a British company who pay tax and a local ish book shop got a tiny cut. That seemed more sensible to me. There was certainly no need to be announcing it everywhere like I'd solved world poverty though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
So far behind, but why the duck does she keep smashing up bacon??
She cooks it to such buggery the only way to slice it is with a hammer. Then she smashes up the salad cos that’s so yummy in a sandwich mix, all those smashed up yellow sticker salad leaves fermenting away in soft cheese and smart price mayo. Mmm and serves it up with a nice side of pasta cooked in thrice-used beetroot water.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.