Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That podcast was awful! I'm not gonna say why I think she sounds like that... I'm sure we can all read between the lines on that one but I will refrain from speculation.

But hell, she is so full of tit and BORING!

I dont block people... aye you do.

I work 21 hours a day... no you dinnae

bleeping coconut.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
She can't honestly expect anyone to believe she was a prostitute. When on the timeline exactly did this occur? Pre or post yard sale?

Sorry but unless you're at the horrible exploitative end of things where you're in effect being trafficked or controlled by a pimp or gang then you need to be quite a tough character with the ability to set and maintain boundaries to go in for prostitution. There is no way on this earth that Mx Ouchy Whoops did a Chaos Again was on the game.
If she was a prostitute she didn't seem to make a of money from it - so much for the Pretty Woman/Diary of a Call Girl fantasy.

maybe she tried to sell photos of herself in enticing poses (sideboard optional) or worked on one of those sex chatlines, or maybe she read something in a book, and decided to 'adopt it'.

Who knows, who cares.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This one includes one of my all-time favourite Jack quotes:

The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad.

Holy duck! That entire article is jam packed with Jack gems. We shall have to add wall punching to howling and clawing in our lists of Jackisms.

Top marks to Kayceeee "On Twitter, a woman going by the name of Kayceeee accused me of being self-pitying. “You have to make this all about you,” she wrote."

Jack pretending to be working class or remotely resemble the desperate characters who used to turn up on Jeremy Kyle:

"Trashy chat-show sofas are all we can aspire to, not BBC news chairs. Those of us lucky enough to find a platform are torn to pieces, commentators desperate to find some mud to sling, to reassure themselves that the working classes are a subspecies to be trampled out and kept in their places."

It never occurs to her that I' Daniel Blake was about people who were doing their best in life but found themselves at the mercy of an awful benefits system. It's bugger all to do with Jack, a larping middle class girl who craves victim status and spitefully humiliates her parents at every opportunity with her self inflicted traumas.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
She’s made some comments about being forced into prostitution but she doesn’t elaborate much. Which is her choice.

It’s the fact that she mentions it at all that concerns me. She’s got a kid who is one day going to read her worst and embarrassing moments online
Wouldnt any mother do that to ensure her kids were fed if there really was no other option, difference other mother's would do it and carry on quietly not tell the world.

Women should not have to do it too feed their kids but the sad reality is they do.

I feel for her in one sense if this is what she did have to do,. But that time had passed, talk to a therapist about it and or close friend. Not the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What I could bear to listen to:

1. She doesn’t ignore anyone’s Lockdown Larder requests. (Chip shop chips ...)
2. She’d judge someone for asking about foie gras (stones and glass houses Miss Posh Cheese and Duck Eggs)
3. She doesn’t want anyone to eat jellyfish but if they eat the wrong type they can ‘sue someone if it all goes wrong’.
4. She was vegan ‘for quite some time’ but she is ‘fickle’ and people who have a problem with her not being vegan anymore are ‘pricks’.
5. She really enjoys reading the range of opinions that people have about her - something to do when she’s not working 21-hour days. She loves to read the wild and false conspiracy theories about her and ‘laugh horribly and hollowly’. Hahahahaha.
6. She’s eaten bollocks.
7. She misses the attention and ‘glowing articles’ in The Daily Mail.
8. If Twitter likes were money she’d be able to pay her rent.

I couldn’t get any further as I started to simultaneously dry heave, laugh, and cry hollowly and horribly.
‘Hire me. I write words fast, I write words well. You might have to nag but it’ll be good’.

1605184774430.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Didn't this one have lunch with Jack at some point?
Yes! Nice one

"Stop saying all this bokeworthy infantalising drivel" would be a great thread title

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Yes! Nice one

That is an expensive looking oven! also, does she have two microwaves stacked on top of each other?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just on the sex work issue; we know this may or may not be true as this is Jack so a large pinch of salt is needed along with plenty of black pepper, but - I don’t know - it feels inappropriate to be offhand or jocular about the subject particularly as it pertains to single mothers in poverty. Being purposely reductive about her attractiveness in particular for the purposes of a joke makes me squirm and my feminist hackles rise a little.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
That is an expensive looking oven! also, does she have two microwaves stacked on top of each other?
Yes she because her kitchen is a fire hazard picture that should used in home economics classes.

She bangs on about people not letting have nice things but what confused me is people trying to keep their head above water don't splurge ££ on trivial shite. They get their kids things they need, clothes, shoes, a treat perhaps. They might even get themselves some clothes if they need them, they don't go out and buy something selfish ( like something for the house there only for decoration) because they will then have little money for the actual things they need.

Before I buy anything I look too see what my children and I NEED before I consider getting what I WANT.

I am not saying they for brownie points either. I just think it's better to do it that way then spunk it up the wall and then go. Oh tit! I or they need something important.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Jack, let me break this to you slowly...YOU.......DO......NOT.......WORK......20+hrs.....A ......DAY.

You wouldn't know hard work if it smacked you between the eyes.

You are a con artist and grifter taking money for duck all return.

Reactions: 47
Holy duck! That entire article is jam packed with Jack gems. We shall have to add wall punching to howling and clawing in our lists of Jackisms.

Top marks to Kayceeee "On Twitter, a woman going by the name of Kayceeee accused me of being self-pitying. “You have to make this all about you,” she wrote."

Jack pretending to be working class or remotely resemble the desperate characters who used to turn up on Jeremy Kyle:

"Trashy chat-show sofas are all we can aspire to, not BBC news chairs. Those of us lucky enough to find a platform are torn to pieces, commentators desperate to find some mud to sling, to reassure themselves that the working classes are a subspecies to be trampled out and kept in their places."

It never occurs to her that I' Daniel Blake was about people who were doing their best in life but found themselves at the mercy of an awful benefits system. It's bugger all to do with Jack, a larping middle class girl who craves victim status and spitefully humiliates her parents at every opportunity with her self inflicted traumas.
Surely not Jack chatting un-fact-checked tit in the Guardian and them having to amend it days later in order to retract her 'misunderstanding'? Just a shame they don't fact check her claims that she's working class too.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 12.57.31.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
She bangs on about people not letting have nice things but what confused me is people trying to keep their head above water don't splurge ££ on trivial shite. They get their kids things they need, clothes, shoes, a treat perhaps. They might even get themselves some clothes if they need them, they don't go out and buy something selfish ( like something for the house there only for decoration) because they will then have little money for the actual things they need.

Before I buy anything I look too see what my children and I NEED before I consider getting what I WANT.
This. She's reckless with money. It's either living on 4p per week or splurging on nonsense that ends up with three microwaves, three fridges etc.

I've done stupid things with money in the past (who hasn't?) but you learn from those mistakes. I changed my life and way I look at finances once I learned how to budget and stick with it. But OKAY Jack, send crisps to the other side of the planet when you are feeling flush with the royalty cheque.

I don't buy into the just world fallacy btw, but I do wonder how much of her short-term poverty was really her mismanaging her finances rather than circumstances with benefits etc driving her into the ground.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Her wrongly pricing up recipes is one of the most damaging things she does. It’s done for clickbait. 8p dinner (but £6 on ingredients). Normal recipes are priced for the whole thing AND per portion.
It’s one of the many things the does that falsely tells people you can live off pennies.
One of the things she doesn’t do, which I will teach my child when she’s older. Is how you buy one item or make something and use it as the basis for several meals to stretch it out (and save yourself cooking).
I learnt more about food budgeting from a student cook book I had (which I’m sad I don’t have anymore).

And saying ‘I know what it was like to live without a freezer’ shows she’s being a twit as ALL her pricing is based on using a freezer now....not bleeping helpful.
And no one is booking you as saying ‘I was poor 10 years ago’ really isn’t very interesting. She can’t even keep up the pretence online of the £20 shop now

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Exactly my interpretation of her situation. Overspending and resulting in being 'poor'. I too have done silly things but I have NEVER begged after overspending or pretended to be poor, this was a line I never crossed. She has to sort herself out. If she is not able to do the freelance thing, she needs to get a part time job to cover for basics. But her crappy bungalow alone is a lifestyle she alone is not able to afford and she can't have people believe she is poor and pay for her.
This had all been analysed by Frauen and Herren already but I always think it needs repeating for all the new Tattle readers who got suspicious. She still has the AUDACITY to say that she still needs a trolley!!!! I did a quick search, there are loads of trolleys online for a few £. !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.