Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This article from 2018 has not aged well with the 20£ shop.

Every now and again, a minor celebrity or institution will announce that they are “challenging themselves” to “be poor for a day” in order to raise awareness of the plight of people living in poverty in the UK.

Who does that remind you of...?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
She really does put her own foot in it, she's so out of control with lies she can't remember what she said!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Re the podcast, Jack is literally the worst advocate for herself. She comes over as an idiot. Mince and jellyfish, "Hit me with your next one". "I'm manic"

The hosts clearly didn't rate her

Reactions: 24
Re the podcast, Jack is literally the worst advocate for herself. She comes over as an idiot. Mince and jellyfish, "Hit me with your next one". "I'm manic"

The hosts clearly didn't rate her
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change your avatar 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Every time I see it I feel like another black spot has been imprinted onto my soul

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It’s the fancy sequel to Greengages and (cheap wet) ham.
I remember reading ABC to my little one. It could easily be adapted. Here’s your starter for 10...
BIG A, little a, what begins with A? Adenoidal hole. A, a, A.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If you could only use Google, dear heart. The whole book is here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Kirsty retweeted Marina's tweet about doggos. I think she's sending us signals.

Message received!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
If you could only use Google, dear heart. The whole book is here.

I think someone mentioned before it's also free on kindle! Even without the family connection (soz to keep banging on about it, it's one of the few interesting things about me 🤣) it's actually a fascinating read seeing how ordinary people ate back then.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I got curious and I braved the cringe! But only briefly, could not listen to much of that 😬

Struggles to form words through it doesn't she? They all blend into one drawn out, droning sentence.

Apparently #lockdownlarder went "nuts"?! And took over her life?
Erm, no it didn't, we were there! We remember! It was as big a flop as this time around 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Are they made out of cardboard?
Many years ago during my misspent youth some friends of mine smashed the window of a bakery in order to steal a wedding cake which turned out to be iced cardboard. I didn't try any but I imagine it would have been nicer than those godawful pop tarts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
From that article:

View attachment 307963
I know this is from four years ago but does anyone know if she actually did this? Or is it yet another thing on her list of woulda shoulda coulda projects?
She’s such a fuckwit, she just can’t write anything at all that doesn’t involve placing herself right in the middle of the narrative. It’s been said so many times before but is worth repeating, it’s just incredible that such a dull and talentless hack is still to this day churning out the same shite in a once-respected national newspaper.

Reactions: 34
Why would an adult have too-tight shoes?
Her feet were still growing at the age of 24? And why were her shoes letting in water? She was only on benefits for 18 months before she was the Guardian's poverty go to and not long after a millionairess' (spelling?) muse.

Did every pair of shoes she owned wear out in 18 months? Or did she sell them along with her child's toys? Silly if she did. Either way, if she kept one pair they surely wouldn't wear out in 18 months, even taking into account her million steps a day.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.