Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tenner on her using 'Enumerate' in a tweet within the next 5 days..

ETA.. Although, the new words seem to come out over a weekend.
Probably after the SB brings home his list of spellings to learn over the weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Guys! Have we ever listened to this podcast before? Skip the first 20 mins as the hosts just waffle on and on about boring crap but I'm 5 mins into Jack talking and she's already claimed to work 21 hours a day, mentioned that she looks ill and insulted the hosts by saying 'you look how I feel', complained about how stressful lockdown larder is and made a reference to paying the rent...

Adenoids sound REAL swollen

Ok, I did it. I went in, taking precautions as recommended (checking my exits before starting, plugging my ears with waxed cotton balls, etc.) but I lasted like 3 minutes. I had to stop at some comment about doing “81 recipes in an hour”. ‘Bung it in a curry/dhal/stew’ is NOT A RECIPE. We’ve been through this before. Listen. Please. Just listen. *sob*

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Being in poverty because you’re a mad over spender is still poverty. I remember being young and irresponsible and it all came to a head. I had to borrow money from family to pay the rent, and from a friend for food. I did it once and never did it again because I learned a lesson. JM either can’t or won’t learn. And that’s insulting to people who don’t have the choices that Jack has.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
When she can get back to the BL?

What about when people can get off furlough, or stop worrying about being made redundant or panicking about whether they will be made homeless when the mortgage holiday ends.

Don’t worry, you can go back to your local deposit/copyright library and forget the last year ever happened.

Disclaimer: I went to a university that had a copyright library and I sat and worked in the reading rooms there. But like any other member of the public, I had to request an item. Most items are not on the shelves for one to peruse like whichever Bronte she imagines herself to be.There is nothing special about it. It is showing off for showing off’s sake.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
So "the hunger one" is the one which was due in September, the biography / social commentary / reason she had a photo of David Cameron on her wall and was asking for other peoples' personal experiences for?
Yes I think so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I had a listen. Well, kind of. I skipped a few bits because I felt she was talking a lot but not actually saying anything interesting or worthwhile. Oh and since when is having an undercut 'butch'?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The plain cookery book is free on various ebook sites , it's an interesting read if you like social history. No need for the £80.00 library membership.

if my memory serves me there were a lot of suet dumplings ( sweet and savoury) and taking things down to the bakery to cook as home ovens were a luxury item. I can almost picture Jack begging SB's Dad to slip her pie of pies in amongst the vegan sausage rolls of she puts a few coppers in the till

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@Alansbigplate - Are yourself and Marina using the same Reface App?

In other news, I believe the cabal may still get to showcase their outfits at a Crown Court, but from the comfort of the Public Gallery rather than the dock.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Twitter version. I’ll spare you the pic. Let him have a bloody jam roll, Jack. View attachment 306192
Also. ‘Smol’.
Why does she crush everything? Bacon salad/ham salad sandwich is perfectly fine, you don't need to crush every other ingredient into dust before you mix them with mayo!! Also do one ham salad sandwich with mayo and one soft cheese salad sandwich and then you have two lunches worth rather than just shoving it all together like this

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why does she crush everything? Bacon salad/ham salad sandwich is perfectly fine, you don't need to crush every other ingredient into dust before you mix them with mayo!! Also do one ham salad sandwich with mayo and one soft cheese salad sandwich and then you have two lunches worth rather than just shoving it all together like this
Crushing is for when she's not in the mood for full on slop. It's a full texture experience at chateaux JM.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
From that article:

View attachment 307963
I know this is from four years ago but does anyone know if she actually did this? Or is it yet another thing on her list of woulda shoulda coulda projects?
LOL I missed this! Considering it was funded by the, uh, BBC, I'm not sure any petition to get it shown on the BBC was particularly necessary lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
From that article:

View attachment 307963
I know this is from four years ago but does anyone know if she actually did this? Or is it yet another thing on her list of woulda shoulda coulda projects?

I doubt it very much and i'm pretty sure it's been shown on the BBC in the intervening years, so i think it should be filed under "became irrelevant"

much like jack herself... etc etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.