Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's funny when she complains that the Mail are now her biggest fans - have they changed or have I changed, wonders Jack 🤪. She also admits to having some ~slips~ with alcohol, and says she's had a few glasses of wine with meals - "I'm not perfect" etc 🤨. And is it just me or does she sound really, really posh in it, especially at the start, before her 'character' takes over.
SOOOOO posh! Especially her 't's

I'm going in on the second episode she featured on in 2018. I'd just like to say I think these hosts are sooooo boring and tedious - am I alone in thinking this?!

First notes - she was a lot less adenoidal in 2018. Still as loathsome though. Refers to her own 'ferocious persona' :rolleyes:

Update: I've given up. She's too boring.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Her reason for no longer being vegan: 'I've got arthritis and my joints were like 'hello we need some omega 3 and tit''.
I guess the 'tit' bit explains eating the lowest welfare meat you can get.
I too have terrible joints, Cack, and guess what? I’m not even a 90% vegan but do eat very low amounts of meat and fish, cos of the planet, fam. ✌
36BC79CB-F221-4FA0-837B-507D96800294.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She says that her paid work of speaking and at festivals has dried up. Who actually bothers to employ her to speak at events? She has nothing new to add, why not get people that have current experience, foodbank managers and users for example.
Not to mention that every time she has a gig or interview, she gets struck down by a terrible illness the night before and cries off. Must be hard to get bookings when you have a reputation as a flake.

Reactions: 43
Oh my goodness, when she is saying what jobs she's done she says she was a prostitute.
And an explanation for the hair crop was because the undercut was growing out and looked awful. Not a mention of hair loss.
Dear God, she is just awful, or to quote her in this podcast, she's "ridic"
She can't honestly expect anyone to believe she was a prostitute. When on the timeline exactly did this occur? Pre or post yard sale?

Sorry but unless you're at the horrible exploitative end of things where you're in effect being trafficked or controlled by a pimp or gang then you need to be quite a tough character with the ability to set and maintain boundaries to go in for prostitution. There is no way on this earth that Mx Ouchy Whoops did a Chaos Again was on the game.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She can't honestly expect anyone to believe she was a prostitute. When on the timeline exactly did this occur? Pre or post yard sale?

Sorry but unless you're at the horrible exploitative end of things where you're in effect being trafficked or controlled by a pimp or gang then you need to be quite a tough character with the ability to set and maintain boundaries to go in for prostitution. There is no way on this earth that Mx Ouchy Whoops did a Chaos Again was on the game.
I find it so difficult with Jack because I always want to believe woman. I would hate to think people didn't believe me if I was in that situation. But her pathological lies and grifting make that so hard. And it discredits sex workers. I swear she has made jokes about Only Fans in the past too... would a former sex worker find that humorous?

It's the same with her gender identity too.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Guys! Have we ever listened to this podcast before? Skip the first 20 mins as the hosts just waffle on and on about boring crap but I'm 5 mins into Jack talking and she's already claimed to work 21 hours a day, mentioned that she looks ill and insulted the hosts by saying 'you look how I feel', complained about how stressful lockdown larder is and made a reference to paying the rent...

Adenoids sound REAL swollen

The hosts talking about Lockdown Larder: How many do you ignore?
Jack: Oh, I haven't ignored anyone.
Frozen Chip Shop Chips Man: 😐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
She’s made some comments about being forced into prostitution but she doesn’t elaborate much. Which is her choice.

It’s the fact that she mentions it at all that concerns me. She’s got a kid who is one day going to read her worst and embarrassing moments online

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
She's so bitter despite being (relatively) successful on the back of (relatively) very little.

Imagine the difference if she was a positive person?

21 hour days... no, you're counting the hours where you've gone a bit crazy on Twitter and can't step away from the keyboard long enough to wind down and sleep.

Reactions: 35
I find it so difficult with Jack because I always want to believe woman. I would hate to think people didn't believe me if I was in that situation. But her pathological lies and grifting make that so hard. And it discredits sex workers. I swear she has made jokes about Only Fans in the past too... would a former sex worker find that humorous?

It's the same with her gender identity too.
Yes and it's the way she so casually chucks it out. If she actually knew any sex workers and in particular sex workers with children she'd know about the problems they often face with child custody, from their line of work being brought up as a black mark against them in child custody disputes to social services becoming involved (often when there's no need). It doesn't seem credible to me that she was so paranoid about losing custody of her child due to being on benefits (which is horseshit) but is so casual about having worked as a prostitute when she had a young child -something that absolutely would be used against her in any social services case or legal judgement. Like you my instinct is to believe women but with Jack the whiff of bullshit makes it impossible.

Reactions: 56
SOOOOO posh! Especially her 't's

I'm going in on the second episode she featured on in 2018. I'd just like to say I think these hosts are sooooo boring and tedious - am I alone in thinking this?!

First notes - she was a lot less adenoidal in 2018. Still as loathsome though. Refers to her own 'ferocious persona' :rolleyes:

Update: I've given up. She's too boring.
I've listened to the first 10 minutes or so and she's talking about Alfie Deyes doing that 'live on £1 a day' thing and she's saying that he cheated by buying hair cream or something which he said didn't count to the budget and that he was cheating because that's not how it REALLY is when you're living on next to nothing. Aaaaaand - well, that seems familiar, doesn't it? <stares at £20 a week budget for 3 people>

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
She’s more miserable when she’s single. That’s very clear. I wonder how long we will have to wait for her next engagement announcement?

Also, is she still suffering from burnout after working the 22 hour days? Didn’t she take to her bed and didn’t move for weeks because she was so burnt out?

Basically I think she’s had it way too easy for too long. She’s had a taste of an affluent lifestyle living with Allegra. Louisa isn’t skint either.

She’s been able to get people to buy her books because she’s ‘Jack Monroe’.

I think people are just beginning to cotton on to the fact that her recipes are poor and so are her presenting skills on Tv

So all she has left is doing a chaos on Twitter

Reactions: 39
I really don't see where prostitution fits into her timeline. It's just another dramatic, woe-is-me tale.

Her gender identity...apparently as a child she only identified with the female Star Trek characters?

I don't pretend to understand all these issues, and there are areas of the gender discussion that worry me, but a friend of mine is trans, from a religious, immigrant background, and living in a very rural area. She spent an agonising childhood feeling that her body was not her own, and suffered a great deal. Jack cheapens her experience. It's so offensive.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.24.27.png

Soz, mini Grunk.

I know this isn't the most ludicrous comment from recent times but I worry that some people with all sorts of limits whether its time, income, family, mental health, work commitments will aspire to twit about adding ingredients here and there based on Saint J. You can't do that if your cupboard is bare or you need to get dinner on the sofa stat or your mental health is on its arse (that last one I have vibed with in the past)
As its been said time and time again by many Frau...what is needed is basic foundations of good cooking, with versatile recipes that can be swapped out easily, not endless World of Pure Imagination and yellow sticker randomosity.

Not to toot my own twit horn but when I pack parcels in the foodbank, I try to match the vegetables I give out to the sauces I provide, and when damn possibly I'll try and throw extras in, e.g. Kidney beans, tin of mince and sweetcorn with a tomato sauce and then chuck some fajita spice. Chickpeas and carrots with a Indian style sauce and pray I find some poppadoms or jar of mango chutney stuffed in the Misc box.

Even I, a privileged banana, need about 5 days a week where my recipes are foolproof.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.