Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I could bear to listen to:

1. She doesn’t ignore anyone’s Lockdown Larder requests. (Chip shop chips ...)
2. She’d judge someone for asking about foie gras (stones and glass houses Miss Posh Cheese and Duck Eggs)
3. She doesn’t want anyone to eat jellyfish but if they eat the wrong type they can ‘sue someone if it all goes wrong’.
4. She was vegan ‘for quite some time’ but she is ‘fickle’ and people who have a problem with her not being vegan anymore are ‘pricks’.
5. She really enjoys reading the range of opinions that people have about her - something to do when she’s not working 21-hour days. She loves to read the wild and false conspiracy theories about her and ‘laugh horribly and hollowly’. Hahahahaha.
6. She’s eaten bollocks.
7. She misses the attention and ‘glowing articles’ in The Daily Mail.
8. If Twitter likes were money she’d be able to pay her rent.

I couldn’t get any further as I started to simultaneously dry heave, laugh, and cry hollowly and horribly.
That's a Dr Suess book isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just on the sex work issue; we know this may or may not be true as this is Jack so a large pinch of salt is needed along with plenty of black pepper, but - I don’t know - it feels inappropriate to be offhand or jocular about the subject particularly as it pertains to single mothers in poverty. Being purposely reductive about her attractiveness in particular for the purposes of a joke makes me squirm and my feminist hackles rise a little.
I agree. I am sorry if my post came across that way.

I have actually got to the point with her that she is beyond any help. She literally needs a real wake up.

She has so much yet it still not enough. She will forever be a miserable so and so and that's because she will always be looking for something else and not be content with her lot. She will realise in day that for all her wailing and moaning she will have missed out on the best years of hers and her kids life because she was too selfish to really stop and take in what she has.

If she stopped now and went to work in a normal job and lived her life not looking for the next best thing. I bet she would be the happiest she has ever been. Money doesnr buy happiness but being content with what you have and enjoying it does.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
LOL I missed this! Considering it was funded by the, uh, BBC, I'm not sure any petition to get it shown on the BBC was particularly necessary lmao.
Oh, this is brilliant - stealth technique for our Jack? Find stuff that's already been done and declare you'll make it happen!
Reminds me of what I was once told was the only way to train a beagle: Work out what it wants to do and tell it to do that.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I find it so difficult with Jack because I always want to believe woman. I would hate to think people didn't believe me if I was in that situation. But her pathological lies and grifting make that so hard. And it discredits sex workers. I swear she has made jokes about Only Fans in the past too... would a former sex worker find that humorous?

It's the same with her gender identity too.
Same. It really does against my values to disbelieve or discredit women. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately - because I don’t want it to be true) Jack’s history as a pathological liar does make me believe this is maybe her most shocking lie of all and, because it’s so shocking, it’s something that no one will call her out for, because they’ll look like a monster. Because who would lie about being a prostitute?

One thing I will point out is, for women forced into sex work (as opposed to those who might choose it) there’s a lot of shame. Most probably would not want to talk about it or have people know full stop. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t talk about it apropos of nothing, to win arguments or earn pity points.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Being a wanker and paraphrasing myself from many threads ago; verily I declare Jack to be a severe liar, an outrageous boaster and deeply irritating adenoidal spite goblin.

I'm quite impressed that my predictive text remembered adenoidal spite goblin 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 42
That podcast, GOOD GOD, personally got as far as her claiming that she doesn’t block people anymore. Shes such a liar, just by nature she’s incapable of telling anything like the truth. She’s a mess, sounded totally wasted and talked complete nonsense. But one point of interest which has maybe been mentioned already, but this podcast was at the very end of March, do we have receipts that may confirm if she was ‘working 21 hours per day’? God she’s such a charlatan, it’s infuriating, it would be cool to catch her out (again)

And just as a footnote, she talks about musttryharder lockdownblather, as if it was some uber success, typically. Fast forward to now and she has to practically beg for even modest interest in this ‘meh’ of an idea. And it was funny too, licking her arse the guy said she was doing ‘8 hours work in 1 hour’ of Twitter. WHAT? It’s *replying to tweets*, for fucks sake. Her delusions of grandeur are as as healthy as ever...

• Haha
Reactions: 29
You can tell Lulu comes from money, because this dryer-than-the-Gobi-desert tweet demonstrates that she clearly doesn’t need to make any money from her chosen career of... being funny.
It's also factually incorrect. Dogs mature quicker when they're younger so when a dog turns 3 it's nearer to 28 in human years. 🤓

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I love cooking but there are some things that aren’t worth making yourself. If I was to ever eat Pop Tarts (which I wouldn’t because they’re gross) it would be because I couldn’t be arsed to make anything else. duck making them from scratch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I love cooking but there are some things that aren’t worth making yourself. If I was to ever eat Pop Tarts (which I wouldn’t because they’re gross) it would be because I couldn’t be arsed to make anything else. duck making them from scratch.
So you wouldn't try my maverick Anchïoade pop tarts with a flour and cheese dipping sauce?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.