Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 304367
View attachment 304368

I do wonder sometimes if Jack has confused a bin with a letterbox, maybe she has been merrily posting all her packages for her adoring fans directly into a dustbin? Cos it seems like A LOT of stuff goes missing, and I doubt the postal workers can be arsed to pinch umpteen copies of her book/postcards/random chocolate bars.

Anyway, I hope squiggle gets their postcards soon, they should get the items they've paid for.
It’s this that gets most people’s backs up about jack. There’s a hundred people commenting on posts now and nearly 400 voting in the polls. Plus there just be hundred of lurkers. The majority of these are here because of the scamming of people with little money or at least less than Jack. Why can’t she just do what is getting paid to do. That’s the very least she should be doing as she’s getting paid handsomely to do it!??

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It’s this that gets most people’s backs up about jack. There’s a hundred people commenting on posts now and nearly 400 voting in the polls. Plus there just be hundred of lurkers. The majority of these are here because of the scamming of people with little money or at least less than Jack. Why can’t she just do what is getting paid to do. That’s the very least she should be doing as she’s getting paid handsomely to do it!??
Excuse the typos, was fumin!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And the constant upgrading of her iphones (rare metals, concerns and about the way they are mined etc)
And all the printing she's doing of these pages! Which in its self must have wiped out a rain forest or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She's already lost 20 followers today alone, since these figures were updated, and that's without actually tweeting anything.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 10.29.01.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
51484044-C3B1-40B1-96B8-A86D9F170DC2.jpeg

Another Ad. I wonder if she has them on a retainer?! After all, nothing is ever her fault

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I do wonder sometimes if Jack has confused a bin with a letterbox, maybe she has been merrily posting all her packages for her adoring fans directly into a dustbin? Cos it seems like A LOT of stuff goes missing, and I doubt the postal workers can be arsed to pinch umpteen copies of her book/postcards/random chocolate bars.
Alf-post-letters.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Absolute radio silence across all SM today?

The poor minkey-pinky must be lie-ing (sic) there unable to contact the outside world whilst her SEVERELY infected finger is in traction.
Surely there's no way that Guardian gig can go ahead without the full requisite of digits?

'Oh, why does this always happen to meeeeeeee?'

(Does anyfrau know what today's "job" actually was?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
These Jack threads move so fast but that’s not surprising with her Twitter output.

just having a look through the Xmas Good Housekeeping mag with various “celebs” dressed up.
No sign of Jack ....so her dressing up and dancing thing still has not appeared.....unless someone knows different 😁.

And Nigella is on the cover.

As for her snippy "do you drive", my response would be "yes, do you have a SMEG fridge ...as they are pretty environment damaging too".
She's an ultra consumer going by those Cotswolds and phones etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Absolute radio silence across all SM today?

The poor minkey-pinky must be lie-ing (sc) there unable to contact the outside world whilst her SEVERELY infected finger is in traction.
Surely there's no way that Guardian gig can go ahead without the full requisite of digits?

'Oh, why does this always happen to meeeeeeee?'

(Does anyfrau know what today's "job" actually was?)
It's not 11 o clock yet - she won't be awake!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm behind and therefore someone else may have pointed this out already.

Jack NEVER talks about eating locally or seasonally. Her Hootsuite offerings never tie in with what's around at the moment. I feel this is chef cook 101 though. So many cooks post recipes saying things like 'Make the most of this season's squashes/mushrooms/cabbages/etc. with this easy recipe...' or something like that.

There are a million ways she could have been more gracious in her reply. Agreeing that eating out of season isn't great, but that it can be really hard to eat locally/seasonally all the time. Offering suggestions of pizza toppings that are in season. Saying that yes, this is an area she could improve, but she struggles because xyz, does anyone have any tips? Highlighting local, seasonal suppliers, organic farms, community gardens, etc.

I try really hard to eat and live ethically, but I get that perfection is impossible. Most people respond well if you admit you don't always get it right. There's no need to be so defensive and rude all the time.

I am sure somebody posted a vegan society thing recently which stated they had removed her from their list as she’s not vegan, but I couldn’t find it
That was Veganuary. Different organisation.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
The chocolate bar splurge and post...the things she was posting out - were they photos, book or the elusive FSOB postcards? At least one squig has got some chocolate so surely we should be treated to the FSOB postcard posts by now? Has it been around 4-6 weeks since this amazing idea was born and charged for?

Reactions: 29

Jack NEVER talks about eating locally or seasonally. Her Hootsuite offerings never tie in with what's around at the moment. I feel this is chef cook 101 though. So many cooks post recipes saying things like 'Make the most of this season's squashes/mushrooms/cabbages/etc. with this easy recipe...' or something like that.

There are a million ways she could have been more gracious in her reply. Agreeing that eating out of season isn't great, but that it can be really hard to eat locally/seasonally all the time. Offering suggestions of pizza toppings that are in season. Saying that yes, this is an area she could improve, but she struggles because xyz, does anyone have any tips? Highlighting local, seasonal suppliers, organic farms, community gardens, etc.

I try really hard to eat and live ethically, but I get that perfection is impossible. Most people respond well if you admit you don't always get it right. There's no need to be so defensive and rude all the time.

And in season, local veg are often cheaper too, which is important to a lot of her followers. She is so tone deaf.

Reactions: 40

Didn’t she claim to have written the first ever seasonal cookbook? 😂

ETA not “first ever” but “before anyone else was doing it”. With that apparent head start, how is she still so tit at it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Yes!! Like everything is a learning curve really isn’t it, whether it’s acknowledging your privileges / untraining unconscious biases / bringing in un/der represented groups / everything these days. The fact she can’t keep it cute and say you know I didn’t think about it, my mate wouldn’t know to think about it, but we’ll read into this thank you is more than enough! That squiggle didn’t come to start tit they’re just clearly passionate and very educated on it all? Someone else pointed out that no wonder she thinks she’s the most trolled woman in Britain if she takes offence to tit like this!

And no wonder her politics are so unbelievably naff if she’s not willing to listen & learn. Excluding black women’s work, she’ll listen to that as she wants the royalties off her book aggregating their trauma stories🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.