Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those food pictures look like what my family euphemistically call "brown rain" šŸ˜‚

She does look rough, she should have read the Twits and heeded the warning. Bad thoughts show on your face.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
All the tweets about potentially dangerous kitchen set-up, bits sticking out of the table extenders; where is her duty of care as an employer? In fact, whoever she's doing the 'gig' for will have likely asked for a risk assessment to be conducted as part of the contract paperwork.

Reactions: 20
All the tweets about potentially dangerous kitchen set-up, bits sticking out of the table extenders; where is her duty of care as an employer? In fact, whoever she's doing the 'gig' for will have likely asked for a risk assessment to be conducted as part of the contract paperwork.
It's so pathetic. She has a fully functional, large kitchen. Food vloggers around the world manage to put excellent content out there with much less. One of my favourites, sweet potato soul) used to shoot videos in her shoe box sized NYC apartment. Not a camping cooker in sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It's so pathetic. She has a fully functional, large kitchen. Food vloggers around the world manage to put excellent content out there with much less. One of my favourites, sweet potato soul) used to shoot videos in her shoe box sized NYC apartment. Not a camping cooker in sight.
Why is she even using the camping cooker in the kitchen when she has an actual oven/cooker? I thought the camping stove set up was for the shed theatrics? Why make it harder for yourself? If your oven is crap get a new one out of the Ā£2k a month minimum from patreon. Or tell your landlord itā€™s not working. Or do something other than use a camping stove šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 43
This recipe for Jack's 'caribbean' chilli made me laugh. A long warning about how incredibly spicy it is and only for hardcore spice lovers, I was expecting there to be a scotch bonnet or something. No, just a pinch of chilli flakes or cayenne pepper lol. Also she clearly had lip fillers on the mind this day...

I cannot stand how she always claims to be scribbling tit down in notebooks, trying to conjure an image of some kind of maverick chef genius. All that effort just to buy some pre-made seasoning and sprinkle it over slop.

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 4.36.41 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
This recipe for Jack's 'caribbean' chilli made me laugh. A long warning about how incredibly spicy it is and only for hardcore spice lovers, I was expecting there to be a scotch bonnet or something. No, just a pinch of chilli flakes or cayenne pepper lol. Also she clearly had lip fillers on the mind this day...

I cannot stand how she always claims to be scribbling tit down in notebooks, trying to conjure an image of some kind of maverick chef genius. All that effort just to buy some pre-made seasoning and sprinkle it over slop.

View attachment 304737
Omg this must taste of nothing! No garlic or onions, ONE tablespoon of Caribbean seasoning between four. I canā€™t get my head around how this could ever taste good? Nothing in that dish is giving any flavour input. Donā€™t get me started on the gaunt photo with the unironed shirt and comedy plaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Omg this must taste of nothing! No garlic or onions, ONE tablespoon of Caribbean seasoning between four. I canā€™t get my head around how this could ever taste good? Nothing in that dish is giving any flavour input. Donā€™t get me started on the gaunt photo with the unironed shirt and comedy plaster.
I have a new theory : her chronically oversized adenoids (as evidenced by the unbearable timbre of her voice) affect her tastebuds so she's used to not being able to taste anything anyway. Flavour is a foreign concept to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No onions, no garlic and no fresh thyme - caribbean cuisine is big on thyme. Maggi seasoning. Onion powder. Celery salt. And fresh scotch bonnet.

Omg, Iā€™m hooting so loud at this dreary recipe that my lungs are in danger!

• Haha
Reactions: 35

1. I feel like You Tube is stalking me as all my recommendations are now for Jack Monroe.

2. Look another job/talent/joke to add to THE LIST

3. How is the FINGER?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I feel that in all the hilarity (seriously, thank you Frauen! A good start to my week!) we have overlooked the fact that she claimed to shop "seasonally, locally and mindfully". I can't get over this. She DOES realise that going to her nearest Asda does not equal ~shopping locally~ doesn't she???

And she shops ā€œmindfullyā€??
Which includes buying eyelid & bollock sausages for the kid, apparently. šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
The only thing she is mindful off is how many more sideboards is too many

* Her answer ":none"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What a ride!! Not sure whether to laugh or cringe at her constant use of 'Showbiz parlance' Gig - Shoot - It's a wrap ... she's so desperate for the limelight.

Plus, the image below is causing me some serious aesthetic disorder symptoms. The ill-matched mix of kitchen cabinet knobs in such close proximity, the nonsensical use of the table extensions that she plans to prepare food upon, the humming array of dirty cloths and utensil hanging above the preparation area, the hanger that leaves the door permanently ajar, the pointless socket placement, the random paraphernalia on the shelves above ..... breathe .....

View attachment 304662
So if she is going to be tackling beetroot, why not cover said bandage! Or wear a glove? Ninny

Reactions: 21

View attachment 304737
Surely not Jack "you haven't factored in the cost of the fork" Monroe doing the costing for the Caribbean seasoning based on buying three tubs?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Every time she films from home she does it in the shed, in the dining room, on a camping stove, on a random plank of wood...

It's so she has something to blame when things go wrong. She always needs extenuating circumstances. God she's tiresome. Is the splinter out yet?

• Heart

1. I feel like You Tube is stalking me as all my recommendations are now for Jack Monroe.

2. Look another job/talent/joke to add to THE LIST

3. How is the FINGER?
i will never understand the point of this (I mean I do, itā€™s attention seeking obviously) but you are supposedly a food writer. You donā€™t need to conquer your fears about public singing. Go do bleeping karaoke if you are. Is Nigella posting about hers. Will she show herself handgliding as she needs to share and get over her fear. No. She will do tweets with purpose which fit in with her brand not any random tit.
Louise must know people, get her some bloody social media training. Itā€™s not hard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Omg this must taste of nothing! No garlic or onions, ONE tablespoon of Caribbean seasoning between four. I canā€™t get my head around how this could ever taste good? Nothing in that dish is giving any flavour input.
Hmmm perchance you are overlooking the 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup <chef's kiss>

Why is she even using the camping cooker in the kitchen when she has an actual oven/cooker? I thought the camping stove set up was for the shed theatrics? Why make it harder for yourself? If your oven is crap get a new one out of the Ā£2k a month minimum from patreon. Or tell your landlord itā€™s not working. Or do something other than use a camping stove šŸ¤Ŗ
What I don't understand is why she seems to think she needs a brand new kitchen setup for each new project. We had the shed for the Lingreenie, the dining room for the Hellmann's insta lives, the other side of her kitchen for Comic Kitchen, and now this. It's the same with the food photography - she's done that in just about every room in the house and most recently has changed from the 'studio' she set up in her bay window and used about twice, to the porch floor, to under the stairs. And she seems to spend more time organising/ tweeting about each space than she actually uses them. Changing the location of things isn't going to suddenly make your cooking look better, Jack!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.