Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't visited Jack's maverick little world for a while and see she is giving advanced cookery lessons to a novice 😂😂😂 but tell me this dear cabal - does she actually sautée onions yet? Or still follow the bung them in school of thought - precious quirky little scamp that she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My god I just remembered- she ruined my roux! I am perfectly capable of making a roux and I’d read her tip somewhere that you can just “bung it all in together” so I tried that and predictably it didn’t work.
<hulk gif>

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I hate how JM makes all the people in her life into these pathetic reductive caricatures against their will to add in when she needs them for made up anecdotes. SB = smelly, aching for independence. SB dad = compliant bloke, ex mcdonald's employee. BB = tit cook, eager mentee

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Contrast and compare the smart price cupboard to this flashy showing off. I’m so cross on behalf of her patrons.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Her roux advice is, predictably, wrong. You don't specify a standard quantity of milk FFS, because you'll want it thicker or thinner depending on the dish. For macaroni cheese, it'll be a little thinner; for croquetas, it has to be solid. And for lasagne...

ETA: plus, if Squiggle's issue is a grainy cheese sauce, the issue is likely that he's adding the cheese while the heat is on. Turn the heat off, then add the cheese. But Jack doesn't know this, and in fact recommends turning the heat UP when adding the cheese because there is not a single cooking process she won't duck up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Imagine having to try and get this VALIDATION by spewing your every brain fart onto Twitter everyday.

Tell us again how you came up with healthy meal vouchers. And mushroom dust. And everything ever ever ever you pathetic narc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Well, well, well - A lady doctor with over 10,000 followers. Add her to a well-connected journalist & an increasing number of very smart people on Twitter.

Buckle up, Jack, an incredibly interesting few months lie ahead. This is happening.

https://twitter.com/Chaotic_Null/status/1324965922461790209
I have seen tweets from these people on Twitter before.
What will happen is Jack claiming 'this is trans bullying'..
There will be a pile-on of JK Rowling proportions and she will grift on, probably adding more followers and nothing will change.
Perhaps another Guardian article off the back of it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Thank you (two words!) for reading it, MancBee.

If this is what is going on and Louisa is unaware (as I was, and I'm middle aged with a marriage under my belt) it will be very difficult for her to take action.

I only realised very gradually and after a counsellor at my place of work gently but persistently showed me what was actually happening. Even then I went back to him for another 3 months where I helped him through the death of a parent. I didn't tell any of my friends as they all hated him because they could see him clearly. I felt ashamed and like they would be fed up of me being so weak - I am not a weak person.

It isn't a normal situation where someone is just a bit of a dick. It's a war you don't even know you are fighting until it is too late.

I'm a year out of that situation now with no contact and my ex partner doesn't know where I am. I still struggle with the idea of dating other people and I feel like a shell of the person I was previously.

I hope Louisa has someone that has knowledge of this that can help her with what looks like a very unhealthy cycle. Because it won't get better.
You will get there, I promise. I was in an abusives relationship for just five months and the effects can last a long time but you won’t even think about him soon! I hope you have a speedy recovery. He sounds like a dick xx

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.