Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, well, well - A lady doctor with over 10,000 followers. Add her to a well-connected journalist & an increasing number of very smart people on Twitter.

Buckle up, Jack, an incredibly interesting few months lie ahead. This is happening.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I hate how JM makes all the people in her life into these pathetic reductive caricatures against their will to add in when she needs them for made up anecdotes. SB = smelly, aching for independence. SB dad = compliant bloke, ex mcdonald's employee. BB = tit cook, eager mentee
Spot on! The Frauen have impressed me again with their forensic psychology skills (this time I am not being ironic). @Oofadoofa and @JuliaGulia have also struck a chord with their personal accounts. I wanted to jump in in the last thread but there was an influx of further excellent analysis. I progressed from being amused about that BB scenario to having more and more chilling déjà vu moments. Like Oofadoofa said, it is about power and my ex was like that. While I am a fairly good cook she used her cookery knowledge to put me down (admittedly she knew how to cook) and to scream at me, insult me, diminish me. I am, despite financially struggling at the moment, fairly skilled in a few areas, with a good education but I am not arrogant, so no need to lash out at me. She was a narcissist and it was all new to me bc I had never met a person like her before. She constantly created situations in which she could gain power over me. Like JM did with her breakfast bowls, she would do over the top amazing things for me but I felt there was always sth missing-genuine love. She was grumpy most of the time and if sth ever put a smile on her face it was when I gave her money. She too was very much into luxurious things and status. It was the exact opposite of what I was after: kindness, love and true companionship. I had intensive therapy after that and it still haunts me.

edit: @MaggyMay You are right, they just have a function, they are not people she is fond of.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Oh no, I wasn’t suggesting you were implying this!!!! I was adding to what you were saying and pointing out that when people say “she is a head of news, she should know better” I feel that regardless of what level people are in their employment, they are equally susceptible to being controlled coercively.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression 😔.
Sorry for being snappy, she is rubbing me up the wrong way over this Louisa business and I am being overly sensitive.

I am in the vulnerable group, as is Jack (according to her). My partner lives down south and works in Westminister (Fancy), similarly to Jack's partner. We have taken this pandemic seriously, and as my health could be compromised by exposure to Covid, we have taken the difficult decision to have not met up since Manchester went into local lockdown, months ago. But here is Jack thinking about ways to bypass and stretch the rules and push the exemptions to the extreme. The rules are there to protect the vulnerable. She is treating it all like a game. She just plumbs greater depths every day.

Covid is all fun and games for Jack, giggling because she has got her wealthy girlfriend back. Louisa might not have the wealth of Allegra, but she has a great income to keep Jack in Cotswolds and showering her with expensive Dyson products. All the time Jack carries on scamming the poor for her day to day expenses. Louisa should be ashamed.

All the time I am doing my bit to ensure this pandemic doesn't spread, Jack is selfishly carrying on as normal. If Jack does contract Covid from her London based girlfriend, I will have no sympathy. A bubble is not intended to sate the desire for a shag.

One good thing though, my partner will be moving to Manchester sometime next year to head up a department that is moving a large contingent of staff up here (🔺). I will not, like Jack has done, carry on as if I am on a limited income because my circumstances will have changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Good morning from the past.
It is now 10th October.
Jack is getting silly squiggles to pay her £120 a year for some pictures of chicken nuggets that she won't bother sending to them.
Marcus Rashford has just announced his MBE. Yay! He thoroughly deserves it and Jack is seething.
She claims 'we' knew about it and has been dying to tell people.
Bollocks. Who is 'we'? Obviously trying to make people think she and MR are bffs.

If it is true and she was confided in (she wasn't) then saying she knew could get MR in serious tit. You aren't allowed to tell anyone. A girl at work got one and only told her husband.
She is as unbearable as always.
Special mentions to @TurnedUpInTipp for the Oscar worthy mini film. Bravo.
@MooBelle I don't think this refers to MR at all. I do know that newsrooms are given prior notice of the awards but they're under a strict embargo until it's officially time to announce and report on them. You can join the dots on that one, sounds like there's probably been a leak to me :unsure:

I watched Sir Matt of the Forearms today and he did a recipe with 'cheap white bread' I grinned at the screen.

WRT teaching someone to cook, for me apart from texture which is a personal preference, it's about chemistry, timing and tastebuds. It's also about caring about food. I think other TV home style cooks are a much better bet to learn from and yes, I'd include Buddy Oliver in that.

Reactions: 21
I've been feeling a bit uncomfortable with some of the comments about Louisa being stupid to go back to Jack, that she knows what she's like, that she is an intelligent woman with a high powered job so it's her own fault.
I realise that this is because I have been in a similar situation (though my narc was way more covert and I wasted 6 years trying to help him) so it is triggering to me. It may not be what is going on in this situation at all, but it does look very similar.
I hope this link works, as it's the best information I have found on the subject to explain it to people.
Trauma Bonding
Thank you for posting this. I think I made a comment about not understanding why Louisa would go back to Jack given the fact that she just overall...better... I didn't call her stupid (and I don't think she is - she's clearly properly clever but that has little bearing on it anyway) I hope dearly that this isn't the situation and Jack is just a good duck or something, so why not. If this is the situation then she absolutely has my sympathy.

The bit I'm struggling (personally, not judging or policing anyone else) with a little bit is the hints of coersion (how do you SPELL that) because it's such a huge thing to be accusing someone of without concrete evidence. Like, it's coercivally controlling someone is illegal and rightly so. I know we all say that Jack is a fraudster and morally she absolutely is, but with her grifting she doesn't actually seem to be breaking any laws, unfortunately.

I don't know, it seems like a big thing to say that she has got this hold over Louisa. But also maybe it's a thing that needs to be said. Struggling to work out where to stand on it all but just wanted to throw my thoughts into the ring, if for no other reason than to selfishly assuage my guilt at having been a bit judgy towards Louisa (although I stand by my judginess over the book hiding.)

Two sides of the same coin, innit. In as far as it's impossible to know for sure whether Jack has gone full narc on Louisa or whether Louisa genuinely is happy being back. Either way it clearly looks to be a pretty toxic relationship.

Thanks for the link JuliaGulia. Hope you're not too triggered by it all and are looking after yourself.

Edited slightly because I can't word it to express what I want it to express 🙃

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I was absolutely blown away that Jack actually sent out the sweets she promised (there are more on the original who wants anything tweet). duck all the people who paid for an actual product on Patreon, right?
Oooh fancy I’m now a member 🎩

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I have a horrible feeling that there were conditions put on Jack about BB moving back into the bungalow like: "Can we just have one radio? One on in every room is weird" and the kindly offered cooking lessons are being used as a compromise in retaliation to this. All speculation but...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
At the end of the day we don’t personally know LC and we don’t know her experience of the relationship. Yes we can identify behaviours which are concerning and triggering from the stuff JM posts but we’re not responsible.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.