Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frauen and Herren, OT but...should we not compile a cookery book with a recipe each this christmas? I mean, people need to eat well and on a budget?
"The comprehensive coven cookery book- Frauen and Herren share their favourite recipes" No tip jars, no patreons, no cold oil unless it is a salad, no bunging it in, no smatterings and no novels before the recipe starts, unless it is a deliberate BS one. Keeping stews to a minimum.
Every recipe ends with "and now duck off" instead of "Enjoy".

Edit:half-serious :)
I am here for this, float your idea on Food & Drink 🤓 I know you’re only half serious, but yeah!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have PTSD. As crap as it is, it's down to me to sort out my triggers. I can't expect the world to alter itself for me.

On bonfire night, people and animals who don't like fireworks need to be looked after and use coping strategies. I genuinely feel very sorry for anyone affected, but given we all have our own triggers, eliminating triggers just doesn't work. When you have good therapy, you learn about this stuff. Advocating for good mental health provision is much more effective than howling at fireworks and your terrible neighbours who have the AUDACITY to celebrate a holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
You have a stronger stomach than I have, I couldn't bear to look that closely. Not only is it a mess, the cutlery doesn't look clean. I just needs 15 minutes to wash everything, buy a drawer organiser and job done. She can't even be bothered to spend 15 minutes sorting out a drawer. She is a slattern.
Right who triggered MancBee

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack: Filling in the gaps with stuff I choose to keep private

Me: Ahahaha private 😂 Says the President of Oversharers Anonymous

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Erm, how many fireworks nights could she have possibly worked? How many times can she insert herself into every possible angle of a non-issue that she’s made up? We’ve got lost Cooper, family PTSD, and now her firefighter days. She loves her bullshit version of her life so bleeping much it’s incredible.

Also, that cat is not bloody missing. He’s either just out and fine, or sitting on her filthy lap. If your beloved pet was truly missing, you would be frantic, and actively looking, not sitting Tweeting about yourself. Which phone were you Tweeting on when you were out with a torch?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Another Station Officer Steele night then? Great. I feel like one if the FBI profilers who get flown in to talk about the unsub.

She’s escalating and her gaps between attention seeking are not only getting shorter but more outlandish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
:/ I’m not trying to be muggy (and am shattered so pls give benefit of doubt & call me out if I am being a head) but surely as an adult with PTSD you’d know what your triggers are and safeguard against them? Eg wear noise cancelling headphones or sit in with the TV blaring etc? Obvs feel sorry for animals, it’s unfortunate but there’s no way to stop it really we just have to hope ppl start making better choices and buying the silent ones?

Always feel a bit uncomfortable around fireworks discourse tbh cos it always teters on the edge of being a bit... right wing? It might be the area I’m in but the “they let off bloody fireworks all year round!!” tends to come out when there’s a non Christian holiday and is always alongside uncomfortable (classist?) comments like the area is going to the dogs / it’s khan’s dumping ground / blah blah blah.
As an adult you have agency and the responsibility to take care of your own mental health. Of course people shouldn’t be dickheads and trigger warnings for common triggers should be provided but PTSD can be by nature all-consuming. The PTSD brain is hyper-alert so very responsive to triggers which wouldn’t seem like triggers, such as a item or place name related to the trauma. But it’s not possible to preface every single seemingly innocuous thing with a trigger warning and that wouldn’t do much good anyway as it can just take seeing a word to be triggered. It’s hell but you have to learn to live with it otherwise you’ll never recover

I have so much sympathy for others with PTSD. At my worst I was scared to even read a book or watch the news because my brain found triggers everywhere. The turning point was accepting that life goes on and triggers are part of it

ETA just going to mention “triggers” again for good measure 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Cooper must be like mate I ain’t going back in that crappy bungalow, it stinks of egg. And I actually like the fireworks, you dramatic witch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
View attachment 300920

"yep!" *oh ffs why didn't I think this through/ check people's locations??!!!*
So by my non forensic calculations: assuming 12/13 are UK based and their goodies do not fit into letter or large letter size as a previous poster (sorry, forgotten who) says. That's £3.10 per packet and £6.45 to Australia. So nearly £40 postage plus £20 ish for the choc and crisps purchase. Plus the jiffies and time spent handwriting and a-hooting the labels. I think this is about right cost wise. If I were a patreon or anyone who'd sent money to the tip jar I would be really, really pissed off.
Legend???? NOPE.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.