Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’m meant to be home working but the thought that Louise is sliding up to that narcissistic cunt is making my brain do sums it cannot compute. I thought she was intelligent?

• Haha
Reactions: 50

HarderFaster

VIP Member
“We’re both workaholics*”

*although I did sleep until 1730 in the evening and now I’m just twatting about on Twitter.

What’s that posh cow comedian with the dog and the high court judge dad - didn’t her name being with L, fuckin Lulu or something? Could equally be her - how the hell can Louisa be WFH and done by 4 when Biden will definitely be called as winner tonight?

Might also explain why Cooper did a runner if she brought her dog for the lockdown holiday?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Droosie123

VIP Member
On a non Jack note....for those of you who like cooking etc you can get a subscription for Good Food magazine for £34.99 and the free gift of either Nadiya Bakes, Nigella's Cook, Eat, Repeat or the newest Mary Berry one. I didn't think that was bad for under £35.

Tin Can Cook is not among the offerings. ...I am pleased to say.

ETA I chose the Nigella one as my lovely Mum has promised me the Nadiya book for Xmas. I adore Nadiya.

• Heart
  • Wow

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I had a similar thought about Monster Munch and unruly labia.
But it was more along Priscilla Queen of The Desert Lines.
You know the one who can do extraordinary things with Ping Pong balls?
Like that but that special Palmas clapping that Flamenco dancers do.

• Haha
  • Wow

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I really think it is time someone else took a turn at making one of Jack's soups.
Anyone?
Someone at the back there?
You here at the front, you'd like to do it wouldn't you?
How about you hiding your face with a copy of "Depressipies"?

Nobody..........Ah well, at least no ingredients will be wasted. As you were.

• Haha
  • Heart

chocolate choux

VIP Member
:/ I’m not trying to be muggy (and am shattered so pls give benefit of doubt & call me out if I am being a dickhead) but surely as an adult with PTSD you’d know what your triggers are and safeguard against them? Eg wear noise cancelling headphones or sit in with the TV blaring etc? Obvs feel sorry for animals, it’s unfortunate but there’s no way to stop it really we just have to hope ppl start making better choices and buying the silent ones?

Always feel a bit uncomfortable around fireworks discourse tbh cos it always teters on the edge of being a bit... right wing? It might be the area I’m in but the “they let off bloody fireworks all year round!!” tends to come out when there’s a non Christian holiday and is always alongside uncomfortable (classist?) comments like the area is going to the dogs / it’s khan’s dumping ground / blah blah blah.
As an adult you have agency and the responsibility to take care of your own mental health. Of course people shouldn’t be dickheads and trigger warnings for common triggers should be provided but PTSD can be by nature all-consuming. The PTSD brain is hyper-alert so very responsive to triggers which wouldn’t seem like triggers, such as a item or place name related to the trauma. But it’s not possible to preface every single seemingly innocuous thing with a trigger warning and that wouldn’t do much good anyway as it can just take seeing a word to be triggered. It’s hell but you have to learn to live with it otherwise you’ll never recover

I have so much sympathy for others with PTSD. At my worst I was scared to even read a book or watch the news because my brain found triggers everywhere. The turning point was accepting that life goes on and triggers are part of it

ETA just going to mention “triggers” again for good measure 🥴

• Heart

Ellabella

VIP Member
The one hundredth thread! What a time to be alive.

Who else was on thread #1? My first post was about the Kickstarter, not much has changed!

• Heart
  • Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
Correct! I have posted Hula hoops and wotsits to Australia and can confirm this!
Did they get through customs? I know they're really strict about food - my mother-in-law used to send a box of chocolates to her sister in Australia every year for Christmas and every year without fail her sister would let her know that she had a letter from customs saying they weren't permitted and had been destroyed. We finally persuaded mother-in-law that something else might be a good idea, found a nice scarf for her to send instead. Come January, letter from customs, parcel destroyed. Questioned mother-in-law. 'Oh, I popped a few chocolates in there as well, surely they wouldn't have objected to just a few?' *head->desk*

Proud to be a thread 1 frau :)

• Haha
  • Heart

instacharlie

VIP Member
]

This recipe was originally written as an ode to *a* Mrs J, of course. Poor non-affluent Mrs J...Allegra and Louisa got come-to-bed pastas along with wine and Peggy Fitzgerald, she gets oats and water flung in a microwave 🥴 View attachment 301229
She bought herself a Wedgewood cup and saucer with her first pay cheque from the Fire Service??
How typically working class!

• Haha

Scarletfever

VIP Member
She's revelling in her cat being missing. It's so bizarre.

If I had a missing animal, updating hundreds of thousands of randoms would not be on my radar. Neither would giving free books away to said randoms.

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
This not so secretive chat about L is once again, cripplingly embarrassing. I've cringed so much lately at Jack's Twitter content that I might never recover fully. She gets a skip in to throw out all the shite that was obv driving L mad and was one of the reasons SHE LEFT. She's obv trying to change but has immediately started doing all the same old oversharing shite as usual. Bets are on for when she will leave again at this rate. Fucks sake Jack, knock the Twitter addiction on the head

Traazers

VIP Member
I'm looking at reviews for her books. This person isn't a fan of the slop/daals:

1604668018788.png

ETA this one is particularly interesting too, particularly the food bank comment:

1604668374422.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow