Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know she has her detractors on here, but you do have to admire her work ethic. Not many BBC co-presenters would be displaying such passion for a mouldy sweet potato dilemma at well past midnight. Dare I mention the term 'National Treasure' - or am I being a little premature for this audience?

Girl if they’re already mouldy time is of the essence, they’re gonna he mush by tomorrow!

Surely you’d just chop off the worst of it (if you weren’t averse to mould) and roast them ASAP? It’ll give you 3/4 extra days to get through them all.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Girl if they’re already mouldy time is of the essence, they’re gonna he mush by tomorrow!

Surely you’d just chop off the worst of it (if you weren’t averse to mould) and roast them ASAP? It’ll give you 3/4 extra days to get through them all.
Or just bung them in a curry ?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can she please give up describing all veg as gnarly. Please? Although it might be a bonus if she is going to use something that doesn't come out of a tin for a recipe (I use that term very loosely)

Reactions: 9
Compost (or a variation thereof) is actually a pretty good description of all of her recipes.
I do wonder though - Daily Kitchen Live has followed on from the Healthcheck UK live programme, which did 2 weeks before Daily Kitchen, and is now doing a further 2 weeks. So there is the possibility that Daily Kitchen will be revived again after the current Healthcheck thing is done. Maybe Jack has been told that she won’t be invited back, unless she can demonstrate some kind of progression/following in the meantime? Hence the grandiose/manic shed YouTube (?) stuff. Purely speculation of course. I mean, I know she has her high-up cheerleaders (god knows why), but these media types have a habit of blowing smoke up each others’ backsides for no reason so maybe they are all choosing to ignore the fact that Jack is completely useless because they all think that povs should be eat any old slop cobbled together out of cans and be grateful for it. Whereas us civilians (who have no media clout) are seeing the grim reality for what it is.
God knows why the blue-tickers are all over her, despite the extreme amateurism of her Daily Kitchen efforts. As if anyone thinks Nigella, Claudia etc. would ever actually eat the grim joyless miserable slop she serves up.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
She could call it BANG! And the shed is gone.

Ps, I genuinely hope this little project scratches an itch for her and she finds her niche and sticks with it.

*I also don’t want her shed to explode. Be careful, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
No way did she refurb her shed in 48 hours and magically paint everything ditzy colours, have hooks and convenient planks of wood to hand which coincidentally perfectly fit the dimensions needed 🤔 plus a spare stove just lying around! I’m not buying her hogwash, add it to her endless list of lies, half truths and exaggerations.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
No way did she refurb her shed in 48 hours and magically paint everything ditzy colours, have hooks and convenient planks of wood to hand which coincidentally perfectly fit the dimensions needed 🤔 plus a spare stove just lying around! I’m not buying her hogwash, add it to her endless list of lies, half truths and exaggerations.
I just love how she managed to make rotten wood with massive holes in it all better with a kick of paint. I mean I showed my husband and he said wow that's a paint I need. No filling or replacing needed. Just a couple of costs of spray paint and your good to go.

She must be using the same paint as calamity Jane, if you have ever seen that film, she paints her old rotten holy door with yellow paint and suddenly it's a brand new door. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They could have seen her talking about it from Twitter and made a story of it from that. Or, equally as plausible, she got in touch with them 🤔
It would be rather humourous if someone else (allegedly) did the work and got a bit ticked off that she took the credit for doing it for 60 quid.

I just love how she managed to make rotten wood with massive holes in it all better with a kick of paint. I mean I showed my husband and he said wow that's a paint I need. No filling or replacing needed. Just a couple of costs of spray paint and your good to go.

She must be using the same paint as calamity Jane, if you have ever seen that film, she paints her old rotten holy door with yellow paint and suddenly it's a brand new door. 🤣
I reckon that shed leaks like nuts when it rains.

Well she blocked me on Twitter when I perfectly politely asked whether she’d checked the camp stove was safe.
Maybe I hit a nerve?
I wonder if maybe her landlord saw or heard about that and put a kybosh to it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Giving your discarded cook books away to the needy? Angel! Charitable! Woke! Selfless! Generous!
Course she had to tell us that detail to score some POV points and feed her giant ego.

famous saying jack you might want to think about -
If you want to feed the homeless then feed the homeless
But
The moment you put it on social media you’re feeding your ego.

54BE4277-B624-4F8C-8D14-DD0BBF98AA7E.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

I took mouldy sweet potatoes to be a euphemism.

• Haha
Giving your discarded cook books away to the needy? Angel! Charitable! Woke! Selfless! Generous!
Course she had to tell us that detail to score some POV points and feed her giant ego.

famous saying jack you might want to think about -
If you want to feed the homeless then feed the homeless
But
The moment you put it on social media you’re feeding your ego.

View attachment 118984
Awww, bless. Saint Jack, the gift that keeps giving.

Reactions: 6
Please could some explain how a cookery book would help people in prison, DV hostels and Youth Hostels.
Prison is catered, and although I don’t have much expertise of living in a hostel, I don’t imagine they have the facilities or situations that require people to flick through published cookery books for inspiration.

I am genuinely interested in how they would be useful to those situations?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Ah, I absolutely adore that film! And yes, the cabin makeover is just like Jack and her shed. There's a real butch and femme vibe to Calam and Katie, particularly in that scene. 'A woman's touch, a woman's touch, the magic of Aladdin couldn't do as much...' 🎼

Reactions: 8
I am genuinely interested in how they would be useful to those situations
It isn't, because once again, it is bullshit. It would be more useful to donate them to libraries.

Seems she has changed direction. Yapping on about cookbooks and nothing about her shitshed cooking, which is now 2 days later. Will it or will it not happen?

• Haha
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.