Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am slightly older than her and livin with a partner for the first time, and most people I know have lived with a maximum of 2 partners before “settling down” or marrying, even without being engaged living with so many partners is pretty unusual as the breakups must be so awful
Especially if you have a young son. Can't be easy on a small kid.

Reactions: 10
What do we think her first recipe will be? Obv unlikely to be her patented apricot curry as that’s been done...I vote another style of “curry” I.e. “Thai” but made solely of tinned food.. or maybe a jollof rice? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just found this thing called Instagram.

• saturn.scripted.banter's profile picture
    saturn.scripted.banter
    Matt - loving your work. Are you in the process of making Jack's Béchamel sauce for a Lasagne later?
    9mReply

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Especially if you have a young son. Can't be easy on a small kid.
This is awful but when I wrote that I had totally forgotten about the son as she never mentions him.. Jesus even just introducing a child to a partner is a huge move.. but living together... I feel so bad for him

Reactions: 8
This is awful but when I wrote that I had totally forgotten about the son as she never mentions him.. Jesus even just introducing a child to a partner is a huge move.. but living together... I feel so bad for him
Once with Allegra in London and now with Louisa in Sarfend. Imagine he has been through a lot in his young years.

This is how a nice person does it:
1588083224040.png

This is how a not nice person does it.
1588083342807.png

What do we think her first recipe will be? Obv unlikely to be her patented apricot curry as that’s been done...I vote another style of “curry” I.e. “Thai” but made solely of tinned food.. or maybe a jollof rice? 😂
Self love stew.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I would think yet another recipe for slop of some description would be the last thing you need if you’re feeling low.

Reactions: 6
I would think yet another recipe for slop of some description would be the last thing you need if you’re feeling low.
Even if I wasn't feeling low and she stuck a bowl of her crud infested slop in front of me, I would be low, very low.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Jack’s son and Allegra’s daughter were very close in age and both started school together in London. Then when they broke up and Jack moved back to Southend he was without a school place for a bit and had to accept a place at a school in Basildon (which is miles away - she had to take him by train and bus). Imagine having a step sister of sorts and going to school together and then never seeing them again? And then having to do a fairly arduous commute (for a little kid) to a school miles away from where you live? And then having to, presumably, move schools again once a place came up in a Southend school (I’m assuming that happened - for all I know he stayed where he was, but I think it’s unlikely)?

I know plenty of children have to cope with situations that are more unstable and chaotic than that, but it still must have been awful for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
WOW! Just wow. Haven't been on in a few days. So much to catch up on. Sorry ladies! And I have just seen first hand the shed / meth lab that she's going to be filming in.
She said she's spent £60 kitting it out so far.....boy you weren't kidding Jack! So that's £59.01 on the camp stove and bottle of gas and £0.99 on the actual decoration and styling.
duck me the interior huns will definitely have something to say about this!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
WOW! Just wow. Haven't been on in a few days. So much to catch up on. Sorry ladies! And I have just seen first hand the shed / meth lab that she's going to be filming in.
She said she's spent £60 kitting it out so far.....boy you weren't kidding Jack! So that's £59.01 on the camp stove and bottle of gas and £0.99 on the actual decoration and styling.
duck me the interior huns will definitely have something to say about this!
I'm sure Jack's taken inspiration from Jamie on this one. The kitchen THAT MAN used to film Keep Cooking and Carry on is remarkably similar in crappy chic style to the meth lab that Jack's created.
Bravo! 👏
jamie-quesadillas-1440x810.jpg
EWorD_cWkAEKcrr.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.