Jack Grealish #20 Southgate’s subbing was so unfair, we’ll ride you better and tug your hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for me if it was a bad decision to go to the city it would be a thousand times better in la liga or in another PL team, grealish is like messi needs a team that plays for him and that at the same time can play without him as is the case with messi currently in the national team, city will never play for him guardiola is more interested in foden than jack.

for me if it was a bad decision to go to the city it would be a thousand times better in la liga or in another PL team, grealish is like messi needs a team that plays for him and that at the same time can play without him as is the case with messi currently in the national team, city will never play for him guardiola is more interested in foden than jack.
Pep rotates his players a lot. Foden is home grown talent he’s been at city since he was scouted. The team shouldn’t have to build themselves around jack. He’s more than talented enough to learn to play along side them. It can’t always be about him as much as I love him 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Please don't insult messi. Jack not even close to messi when messi was 18.

Reactions: 2
I’m sure he’ll be fine. He knew he wouldn’t be top dog at city like he is at Villa. He’s hard on himself cause he wants to do well not cause he’s unhappy. Watching him train and play he’s usually smiling away. He’s playing more football than ever hes still settling in to how city work.
he’ll start to play more central in time and given more movement, he’s still learning the ropes and general style of play. he defo looks more dangerous in the middle when he’s drifted

Reactions: 1
he’ll start to play more central in time and given more movement, he’s still learning the ropes and general style of play. he defo looks more dangerous in the middle when he’s drifted
Exactly!! People just need to give him a chance to settle and find his feet instead of expecting him to fit in straight away or for city to turn in to Villa to accommodate him 😂❤

Our boy will be just fine, especially if he tries a different position.

Well the only position he needs to play right now is between my legs…

3AF02363-BFC9-4858-9627-7B04B6BC93C4.jpeg
BE6D9AEF-F89F-4670-AFD0-439147374BE1.jpeg
54F92964-303C-4AE8-BDD6-4DB2711C151E.jpeg
26A829C7-C9A8-44FE-B45F-5EE45087461F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Exactly!! People just need to give him a chance to settle and find his feet instead of expecting him to fit in straight away or for city to turn in to Villa to accommodate him 😂❤
he’ll have been given strict orders to be glued to the wing; at villa he was given more freedom and played more as a ten. he played as a winger for them but was defo more of a roaming attacking midfielder. you’ll know same as me that this is what pep does, keeps the new players on the wings. happened with foden, mahrez, sterling, jesus. they all drift more now they’re fully embedded into the team and understand the style of play and what’s expected of them. he’s creating a lot of chances but people need to remember it’s hard to convert chances when you don’t have a striker.

i don’t think we’ll see the best of him this season; give it a season or two and he’ll be smashing it.

don’t think any team should build themselves around one player 🤷🏻‍♀️

Listened to talk sport earlier and Jack getting slated by city fans, I wanted to phone in to defend him

he’ll have been given strict orders to be glued to the wing; at villa he was given more freedom and played more as a ten. he played as a winger for them but was defo more of a roaming attacking midfielder. you’ll know same as me that this is what pep does, keeps the new players on the wings. happened with foden, mahrez, sterling, jesus. they all drift more now they’re fully embedded into the team and understand the style of play and what’s expected of them. he’s creating a lot of chances but people need to remember it’s hard to convert chances when you don’t have a striker.

i don’t think we’ll see the best of him this season; give it a season or two and he’ll be smashing it.

don’t think any team should build themselves around one player 🤷🏻‍♀️
I will never understand why anyone would build or want to build a team around one person. That’s setting yourself up for failure 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

crying at this response on the city forum 🤣🤣 get em told phil
Pep must’ve given little Phil his phone back after the match bless him

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was there tonight and there were a few miserable old codgers having a go at him - felt bad for him BUT that’s because I am an absolute simp for the man. ultimately, he’s a big boy and he loves his job, he’ll be fine. I have faith he’ll get better and have people eating their words.

my football knowledge is extremely poor though, tbh I only made this post so I could harp on again about how his arse is somehow 100 times better IRL 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He’s best when he has a free role IMO. That’s why the move to City is interesting - if he can transition to a more system role….but may lose some things that made him special.

He’s best when he has a free role IMO. That’s why the move to City is interesting - if he can transition to a more system role….but may lose some things that made him special.
I totally get this. The maverick edge to his game where he just goes at the defenders is what makes him enjoyable to watch but some may say he needs to become a bit more refined in his style of play if he wants to be positioned in a better team. It doesn’t mean he needs to lose that element of his game but more so choose his battles wisely.

For me it’s how he doesn’t always get given the ball when he’s in some of the better positions on the pitch and players give it to someone else, even sometimes back the central mid therefore dragging the ball away from the oppositions goal. A fair few of us have noticed that, I think and sometimes there have been lost chances because the ball has been given to another.

His finish has always been poorer though. He’s the assists guy rather than the goals guy. Every once in a while he smashes one in the net when he takes a chance. He seems to be doing okay in the assists department and setting up play. Honestly think it depends what people are tallying his “success” up as. If it’s goals, then some may think he just isn’t a success at City but if you know his play, you would know not to even consider it as an option.

He’s doing fine, like I said 10 games into the prem (or so), playing more football then ever. Just wanna hope his shins hold out 😉 if you know, you know.

Also to add, IMO Phil is to City what Jack is (or was) to Villa. How everyone defends Phil is how everyone will (or would) defend Jack and I can see City possibly going down the same route with Phil as Villa did with Jack (if they haven’t already). Not necessarily entirely building the team around him, but instead allowing Phil to become the roaming player while the others hold strong in formation. Exactly how Jack was at Villa.

Anyway isn’t is SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT DAY babs!

7AB00A12-7257-47FA-A8FA-50162CDE36AF.jpeg
39E30119-F6D7-4B79-9650-E7CDF762B1A6.jpeg
2B0C2F93-F111-4C91-BDA4-6FB26802066F.jpeg

😍😍😍😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I was there tonight and there were a few miserable old codgers having a go at him - felt bad for him BUT that’s because I am an absolute simp for the man. ultimately, he’s a big boy and he loves his job, he’ll be fine. I have faith he’ll get better and have people eating their words.

my football knowledge is extremely poor though, tbh I only made this post so I could harp on again about how his arse is somehow 100 times better IRL 💙
Agree with every word of that and YES his arse and legs and everything is even better in real life 😍😍😍 Just watching him run past you is simply magnificent 🥰 (his critics moan about his lack of pace but there are other players for that…plus Jack is weighed down by his magnificent meaty glutes and bulge 🤤)

I totally get this. The maverick edge to his game where he just goes at the defenders is what makes him enjoyable to watch but some may say he needs to become a bit more refined in his style of play if he wants to be positioned in a better team. It doesn’t mean he needs to lose that element of his game but more so choose his battles wisely.

For me it’s how he doesn’t always get given the ball when he’s in some of the better positions on the pitch and players give it to someone else, even sometimes back the central mid therefore dragging the ball away from the oppositions goal. A fair few of us have noticed that, I think and sometimes there have been lost chances because the ball has been given to another.

His finish has always been poorer though. He’s the assists guy rather than the goals guy. Every once in a while he smashes one in the net when he takes a chance. He seems to be doing okay in the assists department and setting up play. Honestly think it depends what people are tallying his “success” up as. If it’s goals, then some may think he just isn’t a success at City but if you know his play, you would know not to even consider it as an option.

He’s doing fine, like I said 10 games into the prem (or so), playing more football then ever. Just wanna hope his shins hold out 😉 if you know, you know.

Also to add, IMO Phil is to City what Jack is (or was) to Villa. How everyone defends Phil is how everyone will (or would) defend Jack and I can see City possibly going down the same route with Phil as Villa did with Jack (if they haven’t already). Not necessarily entirely building the team around him, but instead allowing Phil to become the roaming player while the others hold strong in formation. Exactly how Jack was at Villa.

Anyway isn’t is SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT DAY babs!

View attachment 845926View attachment 845927View attachment 845928

😍😍😍😍
2pm announcement! Just over a week to go until Wembley which means we need three things:
- Jack in the squad line up (should be nailed on)
- Jack to not injure himself in the interim
- Gareth to give Jack sufficient game time next Friday otherwise he will face the collective wrath of the thirsty fans which will probably outnumber any others next week

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Squad announcement today at 2pm if people didn’t know 🤍

He's in the Sports Direct Christmas ad apparently. Not in his pants sadly

• Haha
Oh god this killed me 😂😂
Jack in that furry hood, so gorgeous and snuggly 😍🥰

Does that mean he’s going to model Sports Direct’s swimwear range next spring? 🥵

Can imagine all the England lads in a massive snowball fight and Gareth telling them off - can we have some snow at St George’s Park next week?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.