Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dailychat

VIP Member
Maybe they will make a follow up now they know how successful it is. I really really hope they do.

They could make those missing episodes.
Each one named after a character. Like "Gloria" "Colin" "Richie" where we see the aftermath of each of their deaths and the effect it had on the remaining characters.
And then a bonus episode which is a flash forward to the current day.
I'd love if they did that now it's been so successful. Brilliant series.

Reactions: 2

vikka

VIP Member
It was so fantastic, I cried every episode and binged it twice in two days!

I knew I wanted to watch this, but maybe later at some point.
Had nothing to do, decided to watch the 1st episode to see how I like it and 5 hours and several tissues later I was through.

Next day, I decided to rewatch the 1st episode, because so many characters etc I didn't quite catch some things and 5 hours and a couple of tissues later I was through the whole thing again!!!!

Re-watching it was even better than 1st time around, I missed a few things and re-watching helped.

1st watch I cried every episode.
2nd watch I cried episodes 3+5.

Didn't know it was supposed to be 8 episodes, I'd love to know what those would've looked like.
It was strangely comforting to know that Jill is a real person and that she had a part in the show!

I still think about the show quite a bit.

• Heart
Nothing short of magnificent, loved it.

Has anyone seen the films The Normal Heart or Pride? Both address the HIV / AIDS crisis and are, in my opinion, both really well done and powerful.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the after hours on YouTube? I’ve seen the first episode.
I watched last night after seeing them all n I watched it with different eyes and did cry till the end credits n the song 😭😭

Has anyone watched the after hours on YouTube? I’ve seen the first episode.
I watched last night after seeing them all n I watched it with different eyes and did cry till the end credits n the song 😭😭
That should say I didn’t cry till the end credits and the song.

Last edited:

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I hope this is ok, would like to recommend a really good book related to this series. “All the young men“ by Ruth Coker Burks is the true story of an American lady who made it her mission to care for the dying and give them comfort. She also used her family burial plot to lay to rest the men’s ashes if no one claimed them. A truly moving book.
She was in Lorraine and seemed so lovely.

Reactions: 1

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
I can’t remember if I’ve shared here already (I can’t find my post). I watched recently a film with Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart. It told the story of AIDS in NY in the late 70’s early 80’s. The shock, the loss, the love, the anger, the marches. It moved me a lot and educated me further about this terrible time.
It’s an amazing film. Very graphic in the depictions of how debilitating AIDS was. The scene where the guy from Big Bang Theory (can’t remember his name, sorry) did the speech at a funeral was truly heartbreaking 💔

Might have to watch this, and I’ve never heard of the gay switchboard either.
I’ve watched them all. As someone who grew up in the 80s and remembers awful headlines like “gay plague” it’s great to see how much things have moved on.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I binge watched 1-4 in one night and then couldn’t wait to finish the final episode the next day. Since then I’ve checked back on this thread every day, I guess because the show left such an impression I’ve wanted to keep thinking about it. I’ve loved reading everyone’s thoughts and comments here. One particular moment that I feel was really poignant and touched me (which I don’t think anyone’s commented on yet) was when Colin’s lovely work colleague was desperately wondering if the mould in their kitchen had caused their illnesses. It was so sad and so well acted. I think many people could relate to that ‘what if?’, should I, could I?’ have prevented this, when faced with an unknown health problem.

Fighting with zinc” is that what he said ?
at that point they had no idea and when he was in the stock room with Collin talking about his partner n talking about parrrot flu ( can’t remember the correct term )

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Will have a look for that film.
I watched Philadelphia recently not knowin what it was about. Another 80/90s attitude.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I watched it all on Saturday night and then again last night, it is probably one of the best peices of television I have ever watched.
I find it incredible how quickly the characters took a place in your heart, Henry and Jaun Pablo were only in the first episode but it broke me when that episode finished, seeing him hiding in the house, in the hospital at the end, how Colin went to visit him, it was all so heartbreaking. Colins character was my favourite, i felt his relief when Mr Hart spotted the magazines and newspapers, actually breathed a sigh of relief alongside him. Was gutted when it lost him his job and then was feeling like a proud mum when he got the keys to the printer shop, his ending had me crying like a baby, I was unsure whether the encounter with football shirt boy was consensual, had to watch again and it appears it was, but get the feeling the boy had no respect for Colin as a person and was using him while denying his own sexuality.
Roscoe was amazing, loved his character, loved the part when he went to see cassius again and realised he'd been played, it was so funny, and pissing in Mrs Ts coffee, amazing.
Richie was brilliant, I felt the world stand still alongside Jill when she was at the harbour with his mum, totally did not see that coming.
There is just too much to write about, really considering a 3rd binge.
I had a third binge last night. I just can't get enough of this.

One lady I was confused about though, was the lady who got off the coach with a black guy. At first I thought she was Colin's Mum, but then she appeared in a wheelchair. This dark haired lady, she was somebody's Mother, but I couldn't work out whose?

I thought she was Jill's Mum as Jill did address her as "Mum" a couple of times.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
They are selling "La" t-shirts with the proceeds going to the Terrance Higgins Trust.
Reminds me - i am going to make a donation directly to the trust.. Living in Ireland and i'd be afraid id get stung for VAT/customs!