Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cocoblush

So I finally got around to watching this. I binge-watch all 5 episodes yesterday then decided to binge-watch it all again today because its just *that* brilliant! 👏.

I have one question though (and forgive me if its already been asked, I can't be bother reading all 23 pages of this thread) Why did Gregory Finch's parents burn all of his belongings after he died? I can understand the reasoning behind burning his clothes but they burnt his baby pictures and childhood toys as well. I found that strange 🤷‍♀️ .

Reactions: 1

~vix~83~

VIP Member
There's a new 3 part documentary on Sky called 'Positive' looking at Britain's reaction to AIDS over the last 40 years.

I'm 1 episode in and really enjoying it.

I've clearly been living in a cave but I'd never heard of the Gay Switchboard before. It seemed to help lots of people!
Might have to watch this, and I’ve never heard of the gay switchboard either.

StrattyNeet

I went to school behind monsall hospital. Early 90s and remember people calling it the aids place. Unfortunately we didn’t know any better because all the information given out was made to be scary
Kids don’t know any better and hindsight is 20/20🤷‍♀️

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I loved it even more the second time around. I went in completely blind the first time. I had no idea what it was about or hadn’t even heard anything about it but the first Friday night it was on, I couldn’t reach the remote while I was feeding my baby so came across it by mistake 🤣 so glad I did but I wasn’t ready for the heartbreak 💔
I didn’t really know what it was about to be honest. Just kept seein the advert with the music, love the 80s. So glad I did and yes the heartbreak got me too. 😭💔

Dizzy

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend any good documentaries that look at the AIDS epidemic?
There was one about how AIDS and heroin affected poor communities in Edinburgh in the 80s. It has strong ties to the original (and brilliant) Trainspotting film because Irvine Welsh lived in the community and experienced it first hand. It’s a grim, powerful watch but incredibly interesting and humbling. Sorry I can’t remember the title but if you search ‘AIDS heroin Edinburgh Irvine Welsh 80s’ it might set you on the right path.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I watched it for a second time and def picked up on stuff I'd missed - i'd recommend!
Yeah I’m watching again with different eyes. You always spot things and clues.
Still thinking about Collin. His background story of was a mixed one. I wasn’t sure if he had consented To football shirt guy, maybe he felt pressured by him.
Maybe on the after hours show they might break it down for us.

VIP Member
Not ready to watch this yet, from what others have said on this thread I'm in for a treat, it's on the backburner for now.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Watched tonight (2nd time) the friend Richie met up with I recognise the actor but can’t think where from.
I didn’t notice the first time the little references to Collin ❤💙 and his mam comin to the protest.

Imainlylurk

Can anyone recommend any good documentaries that look at the AIDS epidemic?
A book not a documentary but 'And the band played on' is comprehensive and excellent from what I've read - not finished it as I'm not great with non-fiction books but will return to it now I've watched It's a Sin. Apparently it was made into a film as well.