It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone planning on watching this?

I wasn't bothered at first but kept seeing the advert and it looks pretty good. Think it's this Friday it starts and the full series will be available to watch on All4.

Reactions: 8
My Mother just changed channels and got this, she wondered what the duck was going on, orgy scene! (to the music of Hooked on Classics)

I'm going to watch this on catch up, I was a teenager at the time so I will understand those times, music, fashion, no channel four.

For me this will be a trip down memory lane.

• Heart
I’ve recorded it to watch over the weekend! I have a question though, I wasn’t born then but I’m just wondering...the fear around AIDS, was it something that everyone was scared of in the beginning? Like I know there was mass panic to begin with, was the fear felt by people comparable to the fear felt in this pandemic or not? Hopefully this doesn’t come across as ignorant, I’m genuinely curious

Reactions: 12
Just watching the first episode and I am loving it. I think you can watch the whole lot on 4OD so going to binge it this weekend

Reactions: 3
Loved it! I’m gonna wait for next week, starting to get overwhelmed with binging everything these days but I’m sure I’ll change my mind eventually 😂 that beginning with the Nigerian aunties was ICONIC

• Haha
  • Heart
Absolutely loved it! I'm sync watching on Fridays with my gay best friend 😊 We've decided we don't have enough to look forward to these days so binge watching would take the joy away

I loved it! Watched the second episode too and going to binge the rest this weekend

I think it’s so well written, some of it is so fun and carefree but it still plays out the important, sadder parts really sensitively. Can’t wait for the rest!

Reactions: 9
I watched it all last night and this morning, just couldn't wait. Its some of the best TV I've seen in a very very long time.. Also never cried this much at anything. RTD is a ledgend ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m looking forward to watching this, I was only young when aids/hiv was first about. Only knew of it from eastenders and freddie Mercury.

Reactions: 5
It was brilliant, i'm going to binge watch the rest later!
RTD is a client at my workplace and he is LOVELY

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've binged. It was really good. Episode 3 4 and 5 made me sob. I was a teen in the 80s. Some nostalgia with the music and club scene but tg we are in more equal times.

• Heart
La!

Watched two episodes last night and loved it!

Planning on watching the rest later. I know I'll be in tears.

Is this going to be a spoiler free thread for those watching weekly and not binge watching? Because I really don’t want to accidentally come across any spoilers as I’ve only watched the first episode.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. The first episode ended on a very harsh note. Loved the music, the fashion, the setting. Loved when Roscoe’s family was sitting downstairs praying for him and then he came down in that’s outfit and said something like “I’m moving, and the post code is duck YOU” and the older woman burst out into hysterical laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Spoilers are easy enough find if you want and I'm glad I went into this spoiler free. Though have the hankies to the fore and there are some sucker punches.

Reactions: 1
I’ve recorded it to watch over the weekend! I have a question though, I wasn’t born then but I’m just wondering...the fear around AIDS, was it something that everyone was scared of in the beginning? Like I know there was mass panic to begin with, was the fear felt by people comparable to the fear felt in this pandemic or not? Hopefully this doesn’t come across as ignorant, I’m genuinely curious

There was a huge amount of panic and the TV continually played this awful advert and sent out leaflets to every household.
There was a huge amount of stigma attached in those days.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
There was a huge amount of panic and the TV continually played this awful advert and sent out leaflets to every household.
There was a huge amount of stigma attached in those days.

I was only a kid at the time but I had genuine nightmares seeing those adverts and constantly sering news headlines about it.

• Sad