Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I want to see the normal heart but don’t have prime… might have to do a 7 day free trail again!
i was gonna re watch it’s a sin but it’s half way through one of the episodes n won’t let me start over….might be agood thing to save me from Collin 💙💙😭

Reactions: 1

Pinkblush

VIP Member
That was a bit of a rollercoaster ride, just watched it in one go.

Now watching Cucumber also by russell t davies. Its about gay life in 21st century

violet.moon

I watched this last week.
Oh my god did I love it.
Heartbreaking and funny. One of the best shows I've watched in recent years.
I've read through this thread, and I too was destroyed my Colin's death, and Ritchie's, but in a different way. His Mum kept Jill away, and then you think she's come around to letting them see each other, only to find out he died. Devastated me.
I've just started watching Cucumber, from people recommending it on here, I'm on the 1st episode, and I'm liking it. Not sure how I missed it when it was first shown!

Restless Native

VIP Member
I binged it all yesterday and like others have been thinking about all the characters all day. I saw RTD on something last week where he said all the characters are an amalgamation of many of his real friends, it kept popping into my head while watching it and made it all feel even sadder
At first I thought Colin was maybe based on RTD himself but that was before I knew what his fate was ! A tad off topic but the Casanova series RTD did with David Tennant in it is one of my favourites.

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Just awful they felt such shame, the stigma is awful. Imagine being in hospital dieing and knowing your family n friends are ashamed of you!

I watch call the midwife : will be interesting how they approach this subject if they get to the 80s.

My husband was born in the late 70s with spina bifida and the stigma around that was bad, the doctors n nurses tried to overdoes him at a few days old cos it was shameful. His dad even to this day acts ashamed if they meet new people. And they don’t fully Understand his condition. Where I researched it after I met my husband so I understand it.

Medical care has changed so much and every day something new is learnt.

I bet in a 20 odd years there will be a show about covid. And how it’s changed the world.

Collin is still playin on my mind 😔😔
He's still playing on mine too 😔

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
The characters really do stay with you. I’d also recommend following The Aids Memorial on Instagram that posts every day photo(s) of people who died due to the virus with a caption written by someone who loved and misses them. It is so moving and tragic to realise just how many lives ended so early and painfully and the scale of the loss for their families and friends, especially stories where the person’s family denied how they died. It can get a bit heavy but I always stop to read them and look at the photos. If I’d been born 20 years earlier, it would have been my friends and my community.
I just had a look at this page, yes heart wrenching 🥲.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Wasn’t Marcus one of the many men who Ritchie slept with back at his flat? I think there was a very brief scene and he’s like “bye then!” afterwards.

Aussie

VIP Member
I read his story after you posted this here. He contracted HIV the very first time he had sex, aged sixteen.

Oh my goodness that poor boy.

• Heart

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
Until he became (in her words) a total fuckwit!

It was one of the best series ever (aside from the reunion which was mortifying).
I recently rewatched the reunion on Britbox. They should have left it after series 2, was a damp squib.

Imainlylurk

I couldn't get into Cucumber, I think I found it too bitter. Liked the anthology series Banana though.

Also really enjoyed RTD's previous series Years and Years.

Mookiegoose

I watched it for a second time and def picked up on stuff I'd missed - i'd recommend!
It's a weird one though, because although it was amazing, it was also so horrible at the same time. Both me and my sister said we just felt sad after it ended. I've never re-watched Cucumber because that was also really sad and tragic (in a different way).

I might psych myself up to re-watch.

Dailychat

VIP Member
Russell T Davies has been going over all the things he’s written for TV since he started over in Instagram. It’s interesting. It’s a Sin is definitely the work of a great writer.
I've been following what he has posted. It's a sin was once in a life time amazing writing.