It Galz Lindsay & Jenny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still like both of them but have quit patreon as the pods had just gotten boring and the quality of the audio was dodgy. Noticed before unsubscribing that their patreon was down to around 12k a month from 16k+, that's quite a drop!

I do hope they find their way though because they've definitely something to offer (imo!)

Reactions: 4
What's your takes on lindsays fitness class postings? Not ridiculing her as I've said before she has some set of legs but imagine she ended up bringing out a fitness dvd type thing 😂😂😂😂 I can see it now.. Now squat guys, squat like your in the bread isle of dunnes 🍞😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The 16-12k drop in their income is cause they switched from dollar to euro. I’ve been a Patreon on and off for a while now, sometimes they can be boring hence why I’ve been off and on but lately I think their audio has been its best. Noticed they got some fancy new gear recently too bet that cost a pretty penny

Reactions: 2
The last couple of uploads had a gear grinding background tapping noise. That and the content for the money just wasn't worth it any more for me but I do wish the girls well, it's sad to see them slip down the charts I hope they reclaim their space.

I was listening to an episode from a few weeks ago and I just find it very frustrating that they don't seem to research anything. They spent some time talking Adele and her carnival picture, but were just extremely ignorant about carnival [to the point I was uncomfortable as it felt borderline racist] - like they're making enough money from the patreon to at the very least read a fkn wikipedia article.

Reactions: 9
The last couple of uploads had a gear grinding background tapping noise. That and the content for the money just wasn't worth it any more for me but I do wish the girls well, it's sad to see them slip down the charts I hope they reclaim their space.
Haven't heard any background noises

What did they say about carnival? Nothin jumped out at me, they acknowledged it as a Caribbean celebration in london/uk

Reactions: 2
What did they say about carnival? Nothin jumped out at me, they acknowledged it as a Caribbean celebration in london/uk
They were talking about its origins and didn't know anything, calling it a Jamaican and 'Bob Marley' and saying it's was created as a celebration - it's Trinidadian and came as a reaction to race riots. Lindsay also said something about it like "loads of stabbings" - that's a common fallacy used to imply that black people are violent. They just didn't know a thing about it, but were blabbing on and as it's part of my community it did jump out at me.

Reactions: 9
I still like both of them but have quit patreon as the pods had just gotten boring and the quality of the audio was dodgy. Noticed before unsubscribing that their patreon was down to around 12k a month from 16k+, that's quite a drop!

I do hope they find their way though because they've definitely something to offer (imo!)
They do have something to offer but their bad attitudes get in the way.
Tbh, I’m in the same mindset myself and considering quitting their Patreon too.
I loved them at the start but the reality is, and I don’t know about other women here etc but I can’t relate to their sex stories, endless dates etc and I think they’ve given a very unrealistic account of dating in Ireland. Dating in Ireland, for normal joes, is quite dry and boring, you’re either with someone since you were a teenager and it takes 15yrs to be engaged or dating around and the dating in my experience, leaves a lot to be desired.
It was interesting at first but now I often feel sad and abnormal listening to them and their many stories/experiences.
And I am fond of them but their answer to tattle and criticism was to say “sorry you aren’t getting the ride or being rode” and I wasn’t on here at that point but as a listener, I felt inadequate as a woman when they said that and all the shite they had been saying about having confidence in yourself just fell flat.
Also, I pay monthly, have sent questions etc in and not once have they read them out or replied!

So I’ll be quitting too!

Reactions: 10
They were talking about its origins and didn't know anything, calling it a Jamaican and 'Bob Marley' and saying it's was created as a celebration - it's Trinidadian and came as a reaction to race riots. Lindsay also said something about it like "loads of stabbings" - that's a common fallacy used to imply that black people are violent. They just didn't know a thing about it, but were blabbing on and as it's part of my community it did jump out at me.
They were talking about Adele wearing Jamaican flag bikini and said carnival it’s a Afro Caribbean celebrationn. I get if it’s ur community how you’d be sensitive tho totally understandable they should have researched.

Also about clicking noise - they fixed it about an hour later

there’s plenty to criticise about them but sometimes I feel people here can be harsh on here. They wreck my head and can be immature but at least they’re two girls doing something different, not selling bullshit and #af or #sp and swipe up shite. I’ve read some horrible stuff here about Lyndsay as a mother and people slating Jennys looks and relationship just doesnt always sit rite with me. Will prob get blocked for this ✌🏼

Reactions: 11
The 16-12k drop in their income is cause they switched from dollar to euro. I’ve been a Patreon on and off for a while now, sometimes they can be boring hence why I’ve been off and on but lately I think their audio has been its best. Noticed they got some fancy new gear recently too bet that cost a pretty penny
Just wondering where do you see patreon earnings please?

yeah they really don't research anything and neither of them are very intelligent. it's your fkn job do some research. two pretty close minded girls pretending to be open minded. could never listen to them again after how much they talked about how they hate feminism, just embarrassing. That seemed to mostly come from jenny, who seems super conservative. lindsay just went along with it because of her internalised misogyny from her upbringing. Like in Ireland it was feminists who fought for women to have tampons and condoms etc. They are fools. The Catholic Church literally opposed tampons lol. They just think they are "alt" saying they don't like feminism. They're not regular girls they are cool girls y know.

Reactions: 5
yeah they really don't research anything and neither of them are very intelligent. it's your fkn job do some research. two pretty close minded girls pretending to be open minded. could never listen to them again after how much they talked about how they hate feminism, just embarrassing. That seemed to mostly come from jenny, who seems super conservative. lindsay just went along with it because of her internalised misogyny from her upbringing. Like in Ireland it was feminists who fought for women to have tampons and condoms etc. They are fools. The Catholic Church literally opposed tampons lol. They just think they are "alt" saying they don't like feminism. They're not regular girls they are cool girls y know.
Is it their job though? I don't listen for information or for an education - for that I'd go to professionals.

Have these two idiots seriously done a facemask collaboration. Happy enough to profit from the pandemic at 33 quid a pop, but broken every single rule since March.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They were talking about Adele wearing Jamaican flag bikini and said carnival it’s a Afro Caribbean celebrationn. I get if it’s ur community how you’d be sensitive tho totally understandable they should have researched.
I know - and it made big news so there were a lot of articles out there and all the It Galz seemed well versed in was just Adele's face not looking very well in the photo.

There was another example in the same segment that was not on. When referring to the hairstyle, I think it's Lindsay calls it something like "ubuwanga". Just a gibberish Africanesque noise. They're bantu knots and again, referenced in every article about this photo.

I put this on because it can be funny, but I've rolled my eyes at their lack of research, ill informed opinions and sweeping generalisations too many times to continue.

• Heart
Is it their job though? I don't listen for information or for an education - for that I'd go to professionals.
yes most other podcasters put massive amounts of time into research. Even if it's not for education how can an interesting discussion be had if they got all the facts wrong.

oh wait I forgot they don't discuss things Jenny just interrupts lindsay with all her misinformation and self absorbed comments.

Reactions: 5
I get the impression they’re very tight and try to save money at any opportunity. They sacked their manager because they didn’t want him to take a cut. I thought it was weird they didn’t pay someone to distribute their merch and instead spent days packing and posting all them orders?! 33€ for a face mask is a RIP OFF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.