It Galz #6 Jenny takes a hike, Lindz solo on mic, unknown what caused the fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but you’ve lost me. What is ‘it’ that people get cancelled for talking about, that J is interested in?
Well once the vaccine hesitation conversation came on here about Jenny liking the post, she unliked the post.. Read between the lines

Reactions: 4
The discord has been useless since the start! Totally agree with you I think the ‘community’ aspect started and ended with the live shows
Yeah I bailed as an Xgal when they started the discord. Seeing the people in it and the convos they were having made me realise "oh bollox I am very old here"
💯 there were defo a large section of their listeners who just wanted to listen to the pod and would pay for XGalz but wouldn't be caught dead going to a live show as we'd feel like we were at an underage disco. I actually think if J +L weren't hosting itgalz but were fans of it they wouldn't go to the live shows either as they're in their 30's. 😂 Their live shows mainly attracted the younger audience demographic. Nothing wrong with that younger audience might I add, I'm glad girls enjoyed them and I'm sure I would have loved to have had a similar thing at that age too - but I'm far past that now and it just wasn't for everyone.

Reactions: 7
💯 there were defo a large section of their listeners who just wanted to listen to the pod and would pay for XGalz but wouldn't be caught dead going to a live show as we'd feel like we were at an underage disco. I actually think if J +L weren't hosting itgalz but were fans of it they wouldn't go to the live shows either as they're in their 30's. 😂 Their live shows mainly attracted the younger audience demographic. Nothing wrong with that younger audience might I add, I'm glad girls enjoyed them and I'm sure I would have loved to have had a similar thing at that age too - but I'm far past that now and it just wasn't for everyone.
Same here. I can't stand the convos on the d iscord. I was single and in my mid 20s when I started listening to the pod but now I'm old and engaged and honestly couldn't care less about the dating dilemmas of 22 year olds. Really hoping Jenny's new pod is a little more mature. I really relate to where she is in her life right now, as I'm sure lots of other 30-somethings do. I can't really think of any pod tailored to that audience tbh, except maybe Joanne and Vogue, but I think there's definitely room for something else.

Reactions: 13
This 100%, I also mentioned I thought Lindsay should just do her own thing now and start her own Patreon. She's actually made it so much harder for herself trying to fill the void of the old format with just one person. She could just start afresh, new brand, total creative control like Jenny and she'd be guaranteed people would follow her over to her new Patreon. It might not be as much as the 12k a month ITGalz were getting, but if you're really confident and work hard there's nothing to say you couldn't build back up to that. Her and Jenny could clearly do their own separate thing, but Lindsay's inability to recognise when something is dead and 'don't tell a girl boss how to be a girl boss' attitude will not help her.

I actually think Jenny is probably relieved to shake off the bad press and controversies that ItGalz had got in the past and not be associated with it anymore. Unfortunately towards the end the brand got tarnished and If I was either of them I'd want to rebrand anyway to win back public favour. it you search itgalz on twitter only bad stuff shows up.

Plus now you've some people in the ItGalz discord saying how excited they are for Jenny's pod and reacting to the screenshot someone posted of Jenny's insta post with hearts and celebration emojis. I don't think Lindsay foresaw that the itgalz discord could still be discussing and even potentially promoting Jenny's solo stuff. If you take over a podcast that was built on a fanbase of two people and one of them leaves, it doesn't mean you automatically win them over too. A clean break is clearly needed.
I think Lindsay viewed herself a bit as the star. Even tattle before the whole thing ended was all praise for her and shitting on Jenny. She probably thought sure no one really liked Jenny anyway it’ll be grand to go on without her. Didn’t realise how much their own fans liked Jenny

Reactions: 11
Honestly L should have hired a consultant or an advisor of some sort to help her manoeuvre this change and get the most desirable outcome. Any business would have advisors when going through big changes and ItGalz/XGalz is a business at the end of the day so why should they think any differently?

Reactions: 2
Honestly L should have hired a consultant or an advisor of some sort to help her manoeuvre this change and get the most desirable outcome. Any business would have advisors when going through big changes and ItGalz/XGalz is a business at the end of the day so why should they think any differently?
She's a GIRL BOSS! ✌🏻 Why would she need an advisor!? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And that is her downfall right there. She doesn't treat it like a business. She knows we pay her bills but she needs to remember we are customers just because we pay her bills one month doesn't mean we will pay them the next month.

Reactions: 12
And that is her downfall right there. She doesn't treat it like a business. She knows we pay her bills but she needs to remember we are customers just because we pay her bills one month doesn't mean we will pay them the next month.
Might see a bit of a difference with subscribers at start of the month

The discord has been useless since the start! Totally agree with you I think the ‘community’ aspect started and ended with the live shows
I pop on the discord every now and then to see what their opinions are and holy duck there’s such an echo chamber of don’t you dare say a single word against L… even with her recent racist remarks like gals she won’t cease to exist from a little honest criticism! It’d almost push the subscribers away cause there’s only so much mindless positivity people can take 😂

Reactions: 8
Same here. I can't stand the convos on the d iscord. I was single and in my mid 20s when I started listening to the pod but now I'm old and engaged and honestly couldn't care less about the dating dilemmas of 22 year olds. Really hoping Jenny's new pod is a little more mature. I really relate to where she is in her life right now, as I'm sure lots of other 30-somethings do. I can't really think of any pod tailored to that audience tbh, except maybe Joanne and Vogue, but I think there's definitely room for something else.
Totally agree and I think this really sums it up, itgalz has run its course… If you think back to the ‘we’re in the war room’ ep on xgalz, they were lost between two demographics and how their lives now relate to the listeners age groups.
L’s first itgalz ep on her own and she’s covering Amy Winehouse, it’s just dated (and I’m in the older cohort of listeners too)

I think they could both do very well separately but the itgalz brand is ready to hang up her docs…

Reactions: 10
I really liked Laurens energy, I think should would make a good co host. She's a real Dublin it gal tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s lost almost 200 followers on Patreon I have a screen shot from July 3rd and there were 2488 followers now theres 2294! Mad. I do feel bad for her though but she should just start completely fresh so she’s not trying to continue something that’s gone it’s too much pressure
It was 2867 on the 26th June. It's a lot too lose. Be easier for her to start fresh.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.