It Galz #6 Jenny takes a hike, Lindz solo on mic, unknown what caused the fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree I can’t help but feel for L, it must massively hurt especially if Yulia is a permanent co-host. If she is I don’t think it’d work as well as both girls would be recording in different locations. Not sure where Yulia now lives but defo not in Ireland.

I feel like J has just came with a massive trump card. I thought if she’d go down the podcast route she’d gently dip the toe and road-test with Adam but this seems very It Galz-y.

I have to say there is def space for a 30-something podcast in Ireland that strikes a better balance between ‘serious’ content and early x galz material & I’m hoping this will fit the bill. Felt like I was outgrowing recent It Galz/X Galz pods. I will definitely give it a chance!

The fallout was NOTHING to do with the podcast, it was a purely friendship fallout and as a result J didn’t want to continue with the pod/business.
Joanne McNally and Vogue Williams have record My Therapist Ghosted Me not in the same space and I'm sure plenty more pods have recorded over Zoom. Wouldn't necessarily write it off so soon on that condition... It'd all depend on good production/ editing!

Reactions: 7
Joanne McNally and Vogue Williams have record My Therapist Ghosted Me not in the same space and I'm sure plenty more pods have recorded over Zoom. Wouldn't necessarily write it off so soon on that condition... It'd all depend on good production/ editing!
so embarrassed for the it Galz intro music where it says ‘we got jenny and Lindsay in this witch girl’ she goes over the music saying just Lindsay , I cringed so hard

Reactions: 5
I started listening to MTGM to fill the void I did not think I’d like it but have to say it’s very very funny! Joanne is hilarious and vogue is actually way more down to earth and funny than I would have though 😂

Reactions: 26
I’m sure L feels a little stung today more so probably because J is getting so much more positive feedback- all down to how they both handled it. But someone said a few threads back L lives for likes and comments so if anything I’d say that’s a killer!

so embarrassed for the it Galz intro music where it says ‘we got jenny and Lindsay in this witch girl’ she goes over the music saying just Lindsay , I cringed so hard
Most people laughed lol personally thought it was hilarious 😂 dunno what you actually want her to do she honestly can’t win 😂

Reactions: 17
I started listening to MTGM to fill the void I did not think I’d like it but have to say it’s very very funny! Joanne is hilarious and vogue is actually way more down to earth and funny than I would have though 😂
Same here! I wasnt too sure at first, especially with posh Vogue but they are hilarious so glad to fill the void

I remember thinking that the itgalz ep with Joanne McNally was awful (which prob had more to do with the galz than Joanne) so it kinda put me off Joanne.

Reactions: 3
I remember thinking that the itgalz ep with Joanne McNally was awful (which prob had more to do with the galz than Joanne) so it kinda put me off Joanne.
Omg only listened recently. Trust me it was them not Joanne. All they did was speak about how funny they were and how people treat them because they're so funny

Reactions: 2
I’m actually buzzing for J’s new pod. Not because I’ve been defending her on here, I have a lot of love for L too.
I’m just buzzing cos it’s something new, there’s no expectation on her & she can do what the duck she wants. It’s really brave & shows how confident she is in her abilities to start afresh. Which is quite the boss move IMO regardless of what went down between them or who was in the wrong.
it’s hard to start something new, especially so publicallyso fair so fucks to her. I’m hoping this goes in the direction I was hoping ItGalz would go eventually but without all the extraneous drama.
Ive been saying it all along (& I understand L didn’t want to give up her income esp with kids etc) but she should have started fresh too, instead of perpetuating a chaotic environment for herself. She would have had many MANY loyal followers move over onto her own platform and then she wouldn’t be dealing with all the (some justified) backlash now. It would be on her terms & less of a scramble to prove herself. I won’t be subbing to xgalz or anything but do wish her the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
any other xgalz here that just never got the “community” aspect. Like i just wanted the extra episode a week.. but im probably not their core audience 🤔 I mean i really couldnt be bothered talking to some young once there 😂 i never got what the girls were on about and the discord convo is terrible. I can see that with the book club and the tryin people getting involved i think its only minority of listeners who would be interested in that.. and its starting to show!

Reactions: 15
Looks like there were only 3 people on the book club zoom :eek:
I was surprised she reshared that as its a bit embarrassing 🙈
I understand she's trying to branch out 'the community' but book clubs, etc are more of a winter thing! People have other bits to be at during the summer!

Reactions: 5
I think there were more on the zoom call but only a few girls got involved chatting about the book as not all had read it.

I listened to this weeks episode of It Galz and I didn't think it was that bad. I don't know Lauren from Adam but I found what she had to say about her experience with Endometriosis very interesting.

Reactions: 9
any other xgalz here that just never got the “community” aspect. Like i just wanted the extra episode a week.. but im probably not their core audience 🤔 I mean i really couldnt be bothered talking to some young once there 😂 i never got what the girls were on about and the discord convo is terrible. I can see that with the book club and the tryin people getting involved i think its only minority of listeners who would be interested in that.. and its starting to show!
The discord has been useless since the start! Totally agree with you I think the ‘community’ aspect started and ended with the live shows

Reactions: 2
Yeah I bailed as an Xgal when they started the discord. Seeing the people in it and the convos they were having made me realise "oh bollox I am very old here"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m actually buzzing for J’s new pod. Not because I’ve been defending her on here, I have a lot of love for L too.
I’m just buzzing cos it’s something new, there’s no expectation on her & she can do what the duck she wants. It’s really brave & shows how confident she is in her abilities to start afresh. Which is quite the boss move IMO regardless of what went down between them or who was in the wrong.
it’s hard to start something new, especially so publicallyso fair so fucks to her. I’m hoping this goes in the direction I was hoping ItGalz would go eventually but without all the extraneous drama.
Ive been saying it all along (& I understand L didn’t want to give up her income esp with kids etc) but she should have started fresh too, instead of perpetuating a chaotic environment for herself. She would have had many MANY loyal followers move over onto her own platform and then she wouldn’t be dealing with all the (some justified) backlash now. It would be on her terms & less of a scramble to prove herself. I won’t be subbing to xgalz or anything but do wish her the best.
This 100%, I also mentioned I thought Lindsay should just do her own thing now and start her own Patreon. She's actually made it so much harder for herself trying to fill the void of the old format with just one person. She could just start afresh, new brand, total creative control like Jenny and she'd be guaranteed people would follow her over to her new Patreon. It might not be as much as the 12k a month ITGalz were getting, but if you're really confident and work hard there's nothing to say you couldn't build back up to that. Her and Jenny could clearly do their own separate thing, but Lindsay's inability to recognise when something is dead and 'don't tell a girl boss how to be a girl boss' attitude will not help her.

I actually think Jenny is probably relieved to shake off the bad press and controversies that ItGalz had got in the past and not be associated with it anymore. Unfortunately towards the end the brand got tarnished and If I was either of them I'd want to rebrand anyway to win back public favour. it you search itgalz on twitter only bad stuff shows up.

Plus now you've some people in the ItGalz discord saying how excited they are for Jenny's pod and reacting to the screenshot someone posted of Jenny's insta post with hearts and celebration emojis. I don't think Lindsay foresaw that the itgalz discord could still be discussing and even potentially promoting Jenny's solo stuff. If you take over a podcast that was built on a fanbase of two people and one of them leaves, it doesn't mean you automatically win them over too. A clean break is clearly needed.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.