It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not even J makes out like she’s innocent? No one thinks she’s completely innocent? But if L signed a contract that she didn’t keep she is going to be sued their prior friendship has nothing to do with it…

Reactions: 13
This whole suing thing is getting so ridiculous. I doubt Lindsay owes Jenny more than a few grand, the fact that they’re both such kids that they couldn’t’t have just sussed this out amongst themselves instead of going to court was absurd to me when I first heard about it but seems even more absurd to me now listening to how upset Lindsay seemed on the pod today. They’ve forced themselves to be in each others lives for much longer than needed by dragging this tit out in court. If I had fallen out with someone I owned a business with I’d have thought that splitting the left over/any incoming money 50/50 with business bank statement proof that I was paying the other party the correct money is where my new post fallout business model would start and end. They’re both such kids.

Reactions: 14
How does Lindsay not understand she is liable for the money? L and J were co-owners of the ItGalz business. L wanted to continue the business and the ItGalz brand, so she agreed to buy J out with $XX amount that would equate to what J would have earned in a year, right? And Lindsay hasn't paid that at all. Regardless of how little ItGalz made or if it failed, Lindsay would still owe J the money in buying her out. Just because any business fails, you can't just be like "well it made no money so I just want to move on." No girl, you agreed to buy her out so she is still owed that. Businesses fail all of the time, just because the co-owners were friends does not influence a business contract. Honestly, it has nothing to do with whatever happened within their friendship (although god I'd love to know lol). What's Jenny supposed to say? "Ah, it's OK, even though you agreed to buy me out of a business we created together over years and promised to pay me rightly for that... you know it's no problem. You continued to try to run ItGalz and failed and ran it into the ground and lost money, but no biggie." L could have been wildly successful solo, but she made a mess of it.

Lindsay seems to think it was just a flippant silly podcast where she just talked to her co-host (also owner!), but it actually did make loads of money and it was a booming business. That's why she's liable to the contract she signed. She says she wants to just move on and move on and have it all solved like its a T-shirt you borrowed from a friend and lost on a night out or something. Like she thinks signing a business contract is insignificant and she can just brush it off because she failed and she should be forgiven because they were friends and she has kids and it's just a podcast. If you co-owed a coffeeshop and agreed to buy it out in your name only, then you made tit coffee and lost all your customers... you still owe the money promised in the buyout or you face real consequences. Like lawsuits and bankruptcy! There's no "oopsie, sorry, it didn't go well, but we're all good now" in business. Say they made easy $14k a month, so $7k to each. That's a decent $84k (yearly salary) that J would be owed. I mean... that's not a sum to laugh at and I would definitely want that money if I was in J's place.

Did Lindsay have noooo consultation before she signed that contact? No accountants or lawyers to look it over? Surely someone would have told her that it would be a VERY ambitious thing to agree to and proceed with caution. I feel for her truly and she does sound hopeless. It absolutely sucks too with her car now... the world is kicking her while she's down. But I am baffled that she can't understand how she's liable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
This whole suing thing is getting so ridiculous. I doubt Lindsay owes Jenny more than a few grand, the fact that they’re both such kids that they couldn’t’t have just sussed this out amongst themselves instead of going to court was absurd to me when I first heard about it but seems even more absurd to me now listening to how upset Lindsay seemed on the pod today. They’ve forced themselves to be in each others lives for much longer than needed by dragging this tit out in court. If I had fallen out with someone I owned a business with I’d have thought that splitting the left over/any incoming money 50/50 with business bank statement proof that I was paying the other party the correct money is where my new post fallout business model would start and end. They’re both such kids.
Sure that’s exactly what L wouldn’t agree to… she wanted to keep the business, she agreed to buy J out and she couldn’t so now it’s gone to court… would you just let someone run away with money you were entitled to in a contract!

Reactions: 7
Sure that’s exactly what L wouldn’t agree to… she wanted to keep the business, she agreed to buy J out and she couldn’t so now it’s gone to court… would you just let someone run away with money you were entitled to in a contract!
I don’t know whether Lindsay propositioned this at any point but this isn’t what Jenny asked for. According to Lindsay, Jenny wanted the be paid the income she was being paid peak lockdown when they were at their peak Patron numbers. Even prior to them falling out their Patreon was on a steady decline so Jenny basically said she wanted the money they made at their peak which they stopped making on their Patreon months before they even fell out. Also when did Lindsay ever say she signed a contract? I’ve never heard her say this, is this just some Tattle rumour? lol. Anyway, like I said they’re both pretty childish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don’t know whether Lindsay propositioned this at any point but this isn’t what Jenny asked for. According to Lindsay, Jenny wanted the be paid the income she was being paid peak lockdown when they were at their peak Patron numbers. Even prior to them falling out their Patreon was on a steady decline so Jenny basically said she wanted the money they made at their peak which they stopped making on their Patreon months before they even fell out. Also when did Lindsay ever say she signed a contract? I’ve never heard her say this, is this just some Tattle rumour? lol. Anyway, like I said they’re both pretty childish.
The business would’ve been valued by an accountant for legal matters, Jenny couldn’t just run with a figure. L wanted to keep the business going and to do that she would’ve had to buy Jenny out (she can’t just take it lol) and when she wouldn’t pay it goes to court. I don’t see how they’re both being childish when it was made fairly clear to L what she had to do to take over itgalz and now she’s bitching because she has to pay.

Reactions: 9
The business would’ve been valued by an accountant for legal matters, Jenny couldn’t just run with a figure. L wanted to keep the business going and to do that she would’ve had to buy Jenny out (she can’t just take it lol) and when she wouldn’t pay it goes to court. I don’t see how they’re both being childish when it was made fairly clear to L what she had to do to take over itgalz and now she’s bitching because she has to pay.
How do you know Jenny is in communications with an accountant and didn’t just pull a figure out of her hole? Legalities aside I just personally don’t understand what the point of suing and potentially bankrupting someone when Jenny’s podcast is like 3 times as popular as Lindsay’s. Even if I bleeping hated someone I just couldn’t be bothered to potentially bankrupt them which would massively impact their two kids who I was once close to. It’s just weirdly spiteful and I just couldn’t be bothered if I was the one who’s career was doing way better.

Reactions: 12
How do you know Jenny is in communications with an accountant and didn’t just pull a figure out of her hole? Legalities aside I just personally don’t understand what the point of suing and potentially bankrupting someone when Jenny’s podcast is like 3 times as popular as Lindsay’s. Even if I bleeping hated someone I just couldn’t be bothered to potentially bankrupt them which would massively impact their two kids who I was once close to. It’s just weirdly spiteful and I just couldn’t be bothered if I was the one who’s career was doing way better.
Because it’s going to court, any number would have to be validated she can’t just pull it out of her hole 😂 if L goes bankrupt over this it is not Jenny’s fault? She refused to dissolve the company when given the chance because she thought she could do it all and then didn’t deliver. Jenny’s still entitled to what she’s owed.

Reactions: 18
They’ll both end up paying solicitors more than it’s worth. If they had any sense and good, not greedy, legal advice this would have been mediated months ago.

Reactions: 9
Because it’s going to court, any number would have to be validated she can’t just pull it out of her hole 😂 if L goes bankrupt over this it is not Jenny’s fault? She refused to dissolve the company when given the chance because she thought she could do it all and then didn’t deliver. Jenny’s still entitled to what she’s owed.
I should’ve articulated myself better in my post but what I meant was how do you know the number Jenny originally gave Lindsay is the one she came up with a lawyers? Within days of them falling out before there were lawyers involved Jenny according to Lindsay had came up with a huge figure, Lindsay has mentioned this on lives a few times. You don’t know whether they’ve come to an actual legal figure (these things take ages) and the figure that is in the air isn’t still just the random one that was suggested in very early days of them falling out which probably wouldn’t be remotely accurate because professionals hadn’t yet done the intense and arduous work it takes to resolve financial legal issues.

I do think if Lindsay has agreed to pay X amount monthly, it would be irrelevant that the company fell apart surely and she’d still be liable to pay it? It is petty from Jenny when it is her fault the company fell apart to continue down this road when Lindsay clearly can’t pay it- I assume she’d have to declare bankruptcy and that’s what she means when she says it will destroy any chance of her getting a house, I do think as another person has said that is spiteful of Jenny when it will affect the kids too, I understand the point as a business woman but on a human level I do think it’s a bit much especially when the money isn’t there.. I wonder why they can’t mediate a new figure? Or I wonder are they refusing to meet/ one refusing to meet

Reactions: 7
Lindsay seems to think it was just a flippant silly podcast where she just talked to her co-host (also owner!), but it actually did make loads of money and it was a booming business.
I think this is spot on, L is being incredibly naive about this whole thing. But I think the way she views the situation is also very revealing in another way.

J clearly puts so much work into RR - she's always replying in the discord, RR insta is really active, she been using tik tok, she's been collaborating with other content creators we haven't seen her with before, shes been a guest on other people's pods. L hasn't put in a quarter of the amount of work, and it really shows. The LL discord is dead, her pods are so random, yet painfully predictable as she usually just recycles the same few people (pete, shauana, her mum, Claire - just waiting for her to bring Lauren back lol.) She puts no effort into advertising the pod, and then, the classic - she just resorts to talking tit about J, and plays the victim.

I think if L had been working her ass off while itgalz was going (or ever), she would realise that of course J is owed some form of buyout for handing over a business she has put countless hours into over the years. (And I actually think thats why J is going down this route, my guess is she did everything, L just rocked up to record the pod and then caused havoc on insta. I imagine J is really resentful when she was the one doing the unsexy behind the scenes work. Businesses don't just pop off and become successful forever, it's continuous hard work.)

I signed up to both gals patreons and over the months I've found neither are really my thing. And while I don't like RR I respect how much work J puts in, but L just seems lazy and entitled (which for me, has killed her charisma).

Yikes sorry for that essay 😅

Reactions: 20
Yeah it's Reay
I do think if Lindsay has agreed to pay X amount monthly, it would be irrelevant that the company fell apart surely and she’d still be liable to pay it? It is petty from Jenny when it is her fault the company fell apart to continue down this road when Lindsay clearly can’t pay it- I assume she’d have to declare bankruptcy and that’s what she means when she says it will destroy any chance of her getting a house, I do think as another person has said that is spiteful of Jenny when it will affect the kids too, I understand the point as a business woman but on a human level I do think it’s a bit much especially when the money isn’t there.. I wonder why they can’t mediate a new figure? Or I wonder are they refusing to meet/ one refusing to meet
That's Ls fault though isn't it? L wanted the podcast to herself. L presumably reached an agreement with J. L drove a thriving business into the ground. L knew she had kids when she actively chose to do all if this. Is she not morto looking for charity off J when it is clear to see that
It kind of obviously that this is the reaction L is hoping for to her pity me stories. Oh poor L, spiteful J. Yawn. Would she ever get off her hole and actually do a bit of work rather than looking for charity off J. If she spent half as much time actually working as she does feeling sorry for herself this would be a non issue altogether.

I can't believe people are still falling for it to be honest. Like think about it if L is so worried about money why is she just back from a trip to NY? Why has she had multiple holidays this year? Why has learnt to drive and bought a car? Why did she do up her apartment? Why is she not promoting her podcast and trying to build a community except in her stories where you would have to be following her in the first place to find it? Surely if you are so worried you don't do these things? You put the money aside so you don't go bankrupt and you work to earn as much as you can? Her actions and her words don't match up, that's not something that happens when you are genuine.

Yeah it's Reay

That's Ls fault though isn't it? L wanted the podcast to herself. L presumably reached an agreement with J. L drove a thriving business into the ground. L knew she had kids when she actively chose to do all if this. Is she not morto looking for charity off J when it is clear to see that

It kind of obviously that this is the reaction L is hoping for to her pity me stories. Oh poor L, spiteful J. Yawn. Would she ever get off her hole and actually do a bit of work rather than looking for charity off J. If she spent half as much time actually working as she does feeling sorry for herself this would be a non issue altogether.

I can't believe people are still falling for it to be honest. Like think about it if L is so worried about money why is she just back from a trip to NY? Why has she had multiple holidays this year? Why has learnt to drive and bought a car? Why did she do up her apartment? Why is she not promoting her podcast and trying to build a community except in her stories where you would have to be following her in the first place to find it? Surely if you are so worried you don't do these things? You put the money aside so you don't go bankrupt and you work to earn as much as you can? Her actions and her words don't match up, that's not something that happens when you are genuine.
Jesus I just saw all the quotes on my post. I'm not even drunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Dare I say Lindsay should have thought about the repercussions to her family when taking on a huge financial burden. Did she not consult anyone 😭 Yeah girl you do have kids, that’s why you should have thought long and hard about agreeing to a buyout. How horrible a mistake to the kids for that to affect them, I hope Lindsay realizes her naivety and cops on in the future.

I wonder if I should go buy a house and not meet my mortgage… I think the bank will understand that I have a kid and bought it off my realtor friend and give me a pass.

I did have a laugh at her complaining about her husband spend money visibly on IG while not paying child support, and here she is having travelled and shopped and bought a car (ignoring the unfortunate break in that 100% sucks) and claiming to not have money. Not quite the same but given the two episodes were back to back I did roll me eyes a bit.

Reactions: 18
You’re right she should have thought about having kids, mortgages etc before signing this ridiculous deal. I think it really shows Lindsay has always had people there to clean up her messes, and is now unable to gauge the severity of a situation because someone has always been there to save or help her

And didn’t she buy that ridiculously expensive mirror in the middle of it all? 😂 she was hardly on the bread line if she was able to throw money at something so unnecessary 😂

• Haha
When /where did either of them say that they’d signed a contract post fall out? I ‘ve never heard/seen either of them say this.

And didn’t she buy that ridiculously expensive mirror in the middle of it all? 😂 she was hardly on the bread line if she was able to throw money at something so unnecessary 😂
3 grand I believe off Alibaba because the original design mirror is 7k. I certainly don’t have 3k just to drop on a mirror off ALIBABA that may or may not come/ be the same in the photo

I got the impression Lindsay paid the original buy out fee.

To me it sounds like J also negotiated a cut of monthly patreons for a year based on X number of patreons.

L hasn't paid the monthly payments agreed because the money isn't coming in.

That's what I'm getting from what Lindsay is saying.

I'd say Lindsay is fucked with this tbh.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.