It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh do share!
She talks about her divorce which seems to be moving along too- she had to reach out to her ex on instagram and he just BOUGHT a house while telling her he hasn’t had enough money to pay maintenance for Riloh..

In relation to Jenny, she said she doesn’t have any bad feelings towards her and is happy for her success (not sure if I believe that but whatever) but that she reflects it was never a loving relationship in comparison to any other friendship she has- there was always underlying competitiveness or toxicity. I think this is sad because I did think there was obvious love between them, but it’s probably hard for her to reflect on that now.

She talked about how once Jenny met Evan they really only seen each other to record or do work related things, mentioned inviting Jenny over for drinks and she’d bring Evan, that kind of thing. She answered a question saying yes she thought the issues between them began when J met E but that there was probably issues underlying beforehand.

Also she is getting sued because the agreement was that she would pay monthly to Jenny what they made monthly when it all fell apart, obviously as the business fell apart the money isn’t there to pay

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She talks about her divorce which seems to be moving along too- she had to reach out to her ex on instagram and he just BOUGHT a house while telling her he hasn’t had enough money to pay maintenance for Riloh..

In relation to Jenny, she said she doesn’t have any bad feelings towards her and is happy for her success (not sure if I believe that but whatever) but that she reflects it was never a loving relationship in comparison to any other friendship she has- there was always underlying competitiveness or toxicity. I think this is sad because I did think there was obvious love between them, but it’s probably hard for her to reflect on that now.

She talked about how once Jenny met Evan they really only seen each other to record or do work related things, mentioned inviting Jenny over for drinks and she’d bring Evan, that kind of thing. She answered a question saying yes she thought the issues between them began when J met E but that there was probably issues underlying beforehand.

Also she is getting sued because the agreement was that she would pay monthly to Jenny what they made monthly when it all fell apart, obviously as the business fell apart the money isn’t there to pay
The money is still there to pay though as they never hit 0 subscribers to patreon 🤔🤔

Reactions: 6
The money is still there to pay though as they never hit 0 subscribers to patreon 🤔🤔
She said they make about 100 euro a month from the it Galz Patreon, but it wasn’t half of all earnings agreed from what I understood it was half of what they used to make

Reactions: 2
Lindsay says Jenny wanted still a 50/50 split from ItGalz for a year. A year seems long, but I could see splitting the profits for a bit since both girls were the brand. What is Lindsay saying there was no money being made from ItGalz after the split? Lindsay kept the Pateon charges on for months, we were all certainly charged for it unless we unsubbed. ItGalz subscribers were still in the thousands for a good while so there was defo a lot of money made. She finally shut down the Patreon this past December, no? Lol that’s a year and a half of charges. I know I paid for ItGalz after the split so it had to go somewhere haha. I don’t buy Lindsay saying she didn’t get paid.

Reactions: 13
Lindsay says Jenny wanted still a 50/50 split from ItGalz for a year. A year seems long, but I could see splitting the profits for a bit since both girls were the brand. What is Lindsay saying there was no money being made from ItGalz after the split? Lindsay kept the Pateon charges on for months, we were all certainly charged for it unless we unsubbed. ItGalz subscribers were still in the thousands for a good while so there was defo a lot of money made. She finally shut down the Patreon this past December, no? Lol that’s a year and a half of charges. I know I paid for ItGalz after the split so it had to go somewhere haha. I don’t buy Lindsay saying she didn’t get paid.
She said in the podcast she still makes about €100 a month from it Galz, it was never shut down. It doesn’t sound like Jenny wanted half of whatever Lindsay made monthly, she wanted to be paid monthly what they made pre split, that’s what Lindsay couldn’t afford as subscribers dropped.

I’m not sure how the whole thing would play out legally, if she agreed to pay that I’d think she owed it regardless of drop in income?

She said in the podcast she still makes about €100 a month from it Galz, it was never shut down. It doesn’t sound like Jenny wanted half of whatever Lindsay made monthly, she wanted to be paid monthly what they made pre split, that’s what Lindsay couldn’t afford as subscribers dropped.

I’m not sure how the whole thing would play out legally, if she agreed to pay that I’d think she owed it regardless of drop in income?
Lindsay thought she could do it galz as well as they had been before and agreed to it.

From an accounting perspective it was handed over to her as a going concern so it seems reasonable to that that Js payout would be based on the current earnings and not Lindsay imploding under the pressure and doing nothing!

You’re right, she does say paying Jenny the amount at the time of the split not based on monthly earnings. Idk how that contract would work, but I would assume if Lindsay signed that she’s liable.

Reactions: 3
I stayed subscribed to XGalz until the very end and she’d paused the payments from the September until the end in Dec. It Galz ended in the June and the subscribers started to dip as soon as they split so L was making less money from the jump then paused the Patreon after 3 months anyway.

She mentioned at the time of the fall out Jenny wanted to either continue recording or completely end it Galz, Lindsay didn’t want to end but refused to record with Jenny she wanted to take it turn about recording until they resolved the situation- imagine they did that and had a reunion episode! Would have been iconic albeit unrealistic

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I liked the Q&A but I felt like it was really constructed by L idk am I being silly here, felt like she asked herself some Q’s they were very topical about her life the nails and tattoos, kind of felt like that listening to it 😂😂

but it was a great podcast, L talking at the start saying she wants more conversations with friends type podcasts sounds great and she said she would leave out the more serious topics but I loved them!! I think she should have a mix of both, found the Magdalene laundries and the heroin epidemic episodes so interesting!!

The best bit was when she said she had recordered with a woman from Afghanstan. And she then decided not to upload it and stick to Pete and Shauna 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hope she posts it! She could definitely do serious every so often if it was carefully done
Aw the audience might be confused to hear a woman speak of the struggles in Afganhasgn and the next week hear Shanuna J taking about eating ass… both lipstick lessons?!
She’s great in her own lane but even she sounded like she was cringing at the talk of the man she had on about the “heroin epidemic” 😭

• Haha
Listened to the latest LL ep today and I understand where L was coming from when she said that when J started going out with Evan, it changed their friendship dynamic.
I used to be an XGal and I loved their livestreams during Covid but I remember around March/April 2021 they did 2 livestreams that were more produced than the previous ones (ie. proper sit down, mic’d up one’s like H3H3 do) and suddenly Evan was lowkey the livestream producer and they even had a mic set up for him and he would contribute to the discussion. I remember I hated it because I wanted to hear the two galz talk, not J’s moanbag fella 😭 It really annoyed me and I imagine it got on L’s nerves too
I used to subscribe to Redroom and it annoyed me sm about those livestreams too. I get that J needs someone else to talk to and bounce off during a livestream but Evan always seems sooo disinterested and moany 🤣

Listened to the latest LL ep today and I understand where L was coming from when she said that when J started going out with Evan, it changed their friendship dynamic.
I used to be an XGal and I loved their livestreams during Covid but I remember around March/April 2021 they did 2 livestreams that were more produced than the previous ones (ie. proper sit down, mic’d up one’s like H3H3 do) and suddenly Evan was lowkey the livestream producer and they even had a mic set up for him and he would contribute to the discussion. I remember I hated it because I wanted to hear the two galz talk, not J’s moanbag fella 😭 It really annoyed me and I imagine it got on L’s nerves too
I used to subscribe to Redroom and it annoyed me sm about those livestreams too. I get that J needs someone else to talk to and bounce off during a livestream but Evan always seems sooo disinterested and moany 🤣
Also, I really want to support L and I do enjoy some of the LL podcasts, but does anyone else just want to shake L and tell her to just try harder with the podcast? I think she has the potential to make something of it but I just see no drive, no marketing, no promotion of the podcast. I also think she just sees it as an extension of ItGalz, rather than it’s own thing. Like on the latest ep she was saying about how dead the discord is, but unless she puts effort into the branding and marketing of LL, it won’t be even near what ItGalz was like in terms of the ✨community✨ and active discord that ItGalz had.
Also, im subscribed to LL and I can’t even find a link on the Patreon to connect to the discord 😩 It’s so badly organised

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Also, I really want to support L and I do enjoy some of the LL podcasts, but does anyone else just want to shake L and tell her to just try harder with the podcast? I think she has the potential to make something of it but I just see no drive, no marketing, no promotion of the podcast. I also think she just sees it as an extension of ItGalz, rather than it’s own thing. Like on the latest ep she was saying about how dead the discord is, but unless she puts effort into the branding and marketing of LL, it won’t be even near what ItGalz was like in terms of the ✨community✨ and active discord that ItGalz had.
Also, im subscribed to LL and I can’t even find a link on the Patreon to connect to the discord 😩 It’s so badly organised
I know what your saying but she did mention all these points on the latest pod, changing up the discord or even trying something new all together. She very much admits she reads on here so I think she will listen

She’s always saying she’s trying to do something new and such. Then came the heroin and laundry episodes. And she still never followed through with half her promises. I did look at the Patreon and the description is still outdated/ promises things the podcast isn’t. It’s full of typos. I want to shake her too, it’s not that hard! But then again, it seems Jenny was doing all the marketing for ItGalz. At least Lindsay seemed to acknowledge that LL will never be the booming podcast ItGalz was. I think we can only expect it to always be scattered and a bit all over the place.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.